DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Please help us with a prayer.
Page 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 38
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Please help us with a prayer.
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Wow. The courage and bravery Nikki showed is awe inspiring. What a trooper. And that strength from Karen and Bob... wow. That's all I can say.

Praying Praying hug

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Dear Lord we come to you as humbly as we know how,and pray Dear God to comfort this family Dear Lord and give them peace in this time of trouble,and Lord lay a peace on Bob and Karen and Ashley Dear Lord that only you can deliver,and Lord if they are any prayers that I have ask for Lord give those to this family first,cause mine can wait,sometimes I get selfish and want more than I deserve,so Lord lay you mighty hands upon these folks and all their friends and bless them mightly,Thank You God for all you have done and all you are going to do........AMEN......................And Lord hug Nikki for me Lord and tell her and my Dad I love them very much............AMEN............................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
X2 Mike. And Lord say hello to my wife Diane and my Dad while you're at it. Luv em and miss them a lot. Praying Praying Angel hug

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
I think Greg is going to post the story here, so I will post the picture. I'll set the story up... he was second in Modified points going into our last points day yesterday. Second time trial, he had a .0009 reaction time, and pulled for the bye. Sonny, the guy in first, got dropped when his opponent dropped a .020 package on him. Greg did have to run someone, and won, putting him in a tie. In the second, Greg's opponent dropped a .006 on him. Greg dropped anchor, and it worked, won on the breakout. Greg went on to win the class, and the Modified points championship. Nicki was riding with him. Greg is in the blue tshirt next to the Nikki sticker.

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
The pic might not show all the finger and hand marks, but the sticker was touched a lot.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Congrats Greg!
I cant wait to hear about the rest of the story.
I am glad that you had a little Angel on your side! We had some of the Nikki inspitation on our car last nite and turned on the last win light of the nite to advance to the final of Junior dragsters before it rained us out..not a downpour just a light rain to stop the racing.But it was nice to relax and talk to people and enjoy the family time....time that i dont take for granted anymore.

Posts: 279 | Location: Rutledge,Tn | Registered: December 30, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
This is something special that I would like to share, not everyone had the great opportunity of meeting and knowing Nikki, but I was thankful that I am one who has.

Bob is the engine builder for me and my son Scotty and helps us stay on the track and made it possible for all the accomplishments that we have had. Scotty is the 2008 Track Champion and Top Class point’s winner for PRP. Coming into this season was a rough time when Nikki had a relapse and with much more important things the new Deniker Power Plant was put on hold. With everything going on I was on the verge of taking the year off in the camaro and just letting Scotty run the Dragster and at the beginning of the season a friend "Bill Turk" insisted on taking his new engine out of his car and putting in mine, I am not a fan of borrowing something to race especially a motor but after a few days decided we will put it in and things would get better and Bob would finish mine and be good to go, but as everyone was aware things didn’t work that way, so after battling a tough field all season I was able to stay in the top 5 spots all season. Unfortunately Nikki lost her strong battle on 8/18 and nothing else mattered after that. Bob & Karen insisted on continuing our journey and win the Championship for both me and Scotty.

After the demand for us to go on and continue and win for Nikki, that was our goal, so on 8/26 I had another wall put up and Broke Bills motor and busted the block and was ready to call it the year with only being 2 points out of 1st but had to do something cause I really wanted the shot at the goal of the Championship for Nikki, Bob, Karen & Ashley. So as I was weighing out my options and was in the garage I looked over in the corner and there was the old motor that was my motor last year that was very worn-out from previous year and said I am going to put the old worn out Deniker power plant back in "this motor is at least 3 years old lol" and I asked it to make it 1 more race day. I come out on the 2nd and took a few passes to make sure it was ready for the 5th which was the last point’s day, and it was ready but smoked all the way down the track lol. Yesterday I asked it again to please get me thru this day and lets win this championship, I had a lot on my mind the 1st time trial and had a .043 bulb and was not happy, and after that a very good friend and an icon at Pittsburgh Raceway come up to me and give me a little pep talk and told me what I knew I needed to do and I asked for the help to do so, just do what I been doing all year and race like I been, so each and every pass before I got into the car I asked Nikki for her help and support and said one round at a time Nikki lets do this for you and your Mom and Dad. I come out each pass and everything just clicked one round at a time the win light come on. It was not until the quarters until I clinched the Championship in modified and then was encouraged to continue on and win the race and I done so. Winning the Points and the race meant so much to me to make the best out of our goal, but unfortunately the whole goal was not fulfilled due to Scotty losing the lead and points championship by 1 point. That was a bummer but we both are very happy with at least 1 of us being there.

The moral that I come up with out of this trying year is our mato: Everything happens for a reason, I had to use Bills motor all season to get to this point and then we all lost our true champion "Nikki" and when Nikki made her way into heaven she thought out the rest of the season and what she had in mind is that I was going to win the championship but it was going to be with her Daddy's motor and this is the way it is. Without anything else to say..................

Nikki, Bob, Karen and Ashley..... This ones for you

Love you guy's

Posts: 104 | Location: Avonmore | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Wow.... that's really a touching story, Greg... made me cry! Thanks for sharing. Angel

Also, congrats to you on your 1st place in Modified and Scotty's strong finish in Top.

Posts: 129 | Location: USA | Registered: May 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Something else about the engine Greg won with. Last year, Scotty was in the Camaro to load it into the trailer a week before bracket finals start, and the oil pressure went to zero. He clicked it off, and I went over to help pull it out. Bob said bring it over,so we got it there that night. While we were getting it ready to pull the pan, Nikki came into the garage, wearing a witch costume. Bob said, "Wave your wand, make Greg's engnie better." And she did. All it ended up being was the pick up came out of the oil pump, so it worked!

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I also believe that everything happens for a reason. I also believe that you are rewarded for all the good you do in life for other people.

I know that Angel Nikki was sitting beside you every pass!! A fitting ending to a season for a true champion on the track, but more important a champion in life.

Posts: 480 | Location: PA | Registered: February 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Duck"
posted Hide Post
Very nice story....I enjoyed reading that and congrats on your championship

Brandon Bailey

God Bless

Posts: 3969 | Location: Spending Time with my Kids | Registered: March 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post

By goodscotch, shot with FE280,X820,C520 at 2009-09-07

DRR Pro
Picture of 67SS
posted Hide Post
WOW! I just set here and read this all to my wife and we are both sitting here with tears rolling. CONGRATS Greg. Job well done, and undoubtedly with plenty of help from above.

I have managed in the last few weeks to eat into what was once a 15 round deficit at Motormile. I am now sitting 2nd, 3 rounds back (with our 6 drops factored in), with 3 races left. Don't know how things will work out but I feel Nikki is riding with me as well. I ask as I pull onto the track each round "Lord keep me safe and give me the skills and focus I need. Now lets go get us another round Nikki. Help me through this one...lets do it! Amen."

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 67SS,

Chad Harris

Posts: 1263 | Location: Vinton, Virginia | Registered: May 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
Just wanted to let you guys know you're still in our thoughts & prayers...thinking of Nikki Angel

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mrs. DRR
Picture of WIFE99O
posted Hide Post
Ditto . . . . Praying

Nicole Lemen

Racers Helping Racers!!

Always and forever, "Thinking of Nikki".... And Mark forever 53.... I miss you Guy!!!!!

www.dragraceresults.com

"Like Us" on Facebook

Posts: 415 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: November 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
We are here also.....thoughts and prayers for all of you.

Posts: 279 | Location: Rutledge,Tn | Registered: December 30, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Karen did post on the CarePage late Friday:

Help me remember...
Posted Sep 11, 2009 10:09pm
First, I need to thank everyone for their kind words, cards, calls and more. Bob and I have had people come up to us and share stories and tell us that they are praying for us that we never before met. It continues to amaze me how many people Nikki has touched. She certainly has led me in a direction that I never thought I would travel. So, thank you everyone for being there for us. Second, I have found some comfort as I hear stories about sweet Nikki. They make me feel closer to her. The one I remember the most is how the teachers always remember Nikki skipping down the hall- not walking. I want to remember all the stories eventhough they will make me cry... I just want to remember. So please, if you have a favorite story, please share it with me. I would love to read them. I have also heard and read several songs that people have shared with me. I will try to post the one I listen to most. Hope it works. I can not believe it is over 3 weeks now without my Nikki. I continue to ache and just want to hold her. I remember going to sleep beside her in the hospital and we would always hold hands. I miss that so much. I found myself today trying to find her smell on her coat as I held it tight. Another thing I miss the most is her beautiful hair. I would love to hear her yell at me for pulling a knot as I combed her beautiful curls. Memories... Also, please say a prayer tonight for friends; Heather and Chad.
God Bless and goodnight, Karen

P.S. I did not get the video to work, so please copy and paste.
http://brodiee.wordpress.com/2...even-curtis-chapman/

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
"Heaven" is the face of our sweet Princess Angel girl "Nikki"! Putting all my trust in the Lord.....

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
They ain't words available to say what that little girl did for me,it made me stop and be thankful everyday for the health of my child,and sometimes when I'm feeling down about one of my little problems,I can see that beautiful smiling face of Nikki,and know that that is the smile of our Lord,God Bless........................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post