DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Please help us with a prayer.
Page 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 38
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Please help us with a prayer.
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
A Child Loaned

"I'll lend to you for a little time,
A child of mine," God said,
"For you to love while she lives
And mourn for when she's dead.
It may be one or seven years
Or twenty-one or three,
But will you, till I call her back,
Take care of her for me?
She'll bring her charms to gladden you
And should her stay be brief,
You'll have these precious memories
To comfort you through grief."

I cannot promise she will stay
Since all from earth return.
But there are lessons taught down there
I want this child to learn.
I've looked this world over,
In my search for teachers true.
In the crowds of this great land,
I have selected you;
Now will you give her all your love
Not think the labor vain,
Nor hate me when I come to call
To take her back again?"

I fancied what I heard them say,
"Dear Lord, Thy will be done.
For all the joy Thy child shall bring,
the risk of grief we'll run.
We'll shelter her with tenderness,
we'll love her while we may,
And for the happiness we've known,
forever grateful stay.
But should the angels call for her,
sooner than we've planned,
We'll brave the bitter grief that comes
and try to understand."

~ Edgar Albert Guest (1881-1959)

Posts: 621 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
WOW.................Thanks Bob..................

Thinking of Angel Nikki.........................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Duck"
posted Hide Post
Absolutely wonderful....God Bless you and your family and your still in our thoughts and prayers each day.....I still continue to share your story with many people daily....It has touched the hearts of so many..Everytime I look into my 5 year old daughters eyes I think if Nikki and that makes me cherrish each and every moment I share with her even more now than ever before

Brandon Bailey

God Bless

Posts: 3969 | Location: Spending Time with my Kids | Registered: March 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mrs. DRR
Picture of WIFE99O
posted Hide Post
Yes, Bob . . . . Thanks.

Nicole Lemen

Racers Helping Racers!!

Always and forever, "Thinking of Nikki".... And Mark forever 53.... I miss you Guy!!!!!

www.dragraceresults.com

"Like Us" on Facebook

Posts: 415 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: November 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bob Deniker:

"..... should the angels call for her,
sooner than we've planned,
we'll brave the bitter grief that comes
and try to understand."

sounds like a plan

Posts: 309 | Location: USA | Registered: February 27, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
Thank you Bob! Nikki is loved and always will be loved! God worked miracles through our Angel Nikki! Nikki will always, always be in my heart! She makes me smile! She gave me faith! Nikki is our little princess Angel girl! Our greatest Angel! Missing you Nikki! Angel Praying

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Bob, that was a beautiful poem. Thank you for sharing.

My thoughts and prayers continue to be with you and your family.

~~ Thinking of Nikki ~~

Posts: 129 | Location: USA | Registered: May 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
The tears keep falling.
Posted 18 hours ago
I just got on the carepage to catch up on the messages and to look at the pictures. Of course I cry, but they do help. Since my last update I am trying my best day by day to get atleast one thing a day done. The times of tears and sadness continue. This morning was the first morning I got out of bed before 11am. It is the first day of school. I sat at my bedroom window and watched Nikki's school bus slow down at her stop and then just drive away. She loved school and all of her teachers and friends. I pray that her friends are doing okay today.

For those of you that were wondering, Nikki came home on friday the 28th. It was a hard decision but we did cremate her so we could bring her home. Her purple marble box says,"Our Precious Nikki, now in the arms of angels, beloved daughter and sister."

A thank-you to Chuck for posting the link for the balloon release in the messages and also to Tracy for the beautiful poem. Wow, that poem is powerful to me.

Please keep calling and talking about our Nikki. I don't ever want to forget. And please say a prayer for all the children and their families still fighting cancer. God Bless! Karen Frown

Our little Angel, Nikki...forever in our hearts! Love you Nikki!

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
You know something that amazes me is the strenght that Bob and Karen have shown and still are showing,they have gave Nikki for the world to enjoy and grow from and still they are sharing with us in their own loss,Amazing the strenght it must be taking and the unselfishness of this family,That my friend is God at work in the hearts of human beings,God Bless you Bob and Karen...............We love you all...........................Mike,Mannie and Hope the Hawks family.......................

Give somebody a Princess Angel Nikki Smile Today............... Big Grin................they are free............................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Between the tear drops;
Got my Nikki stickers yesterday. I will put them on tonight and post pictures tomorrow.
Praying Angel

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
God bless, we love you Nikki Angel

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Reading the CarePage update, and the poem Bob posted, I just continue to be in awe of how strong Karen and Bob are. Mike said it best, above... amazing strength and unselfishness. Angel Nikki will always be part of us.

And thanks Nicole...
hug to all

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Guy M. Price
posted Hide Post
My humble apologies to Bob and Karen for not posting here sooner but I went in the hospital on the 19th and they had no internet service so I was outa touch with all my DRR friends and was not aware we had lost our angel! Glad you two are strong and glad that I have the strength to have additional weight on my shoulders and I suppose that angel addition of Nikki being there is what kept that blood clot I had from going to my brain instead of my lung! My deepest condolences to all of you fine folks! I know the hospital was a place to be when you are ill but it is really a cumbersome place to be when you have no pain, feel good and don't have access to your friends on the internet like I did. I think I missed being on DRR more than I missed my cigarettes and that takes some doing! I just can't get the picture out of my mind that someone took of Nikki playing video games in the hospital and even though I know the medications she was on were making her look that way I still call her my "little chipmunk" as it looked like she was storing up some nuts in her cheeks for a long journey. I am sure she is now enjoying those nuts! Bob and Karen, you have my deepest respect for your great endurance during these trying times! If a desert rat can help in any way just let me know! Frown Banging Head Hum Eyes Roll Eyes Angel hugCool

"The Price is Right, but seldom official. If you find yourself in a hole, for God's sake, quit digging! I'm not old, I'm chronologically gifted!"

Posts: 6498 | Location: At Los Dos Molinos! | Registered: October 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Wow...that was very hard to read...but i am glad i did..the first day of school and Nikki not being on the bus must have been so sad that words cant describe..

Thinking of nikki..

Posts: 279 | Location: Rutledge,Tn | Registered: December 30, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mrs. DRR
Picture of WIFE99O
posted Hide Post
I just read Karens update, it was very heart wrenching, she really needs our prayers!!

Please Pray for the family.

Praying Praying Praying

Nicole Lemen

Racers Helping Racers!!

Always and forever, "Thinking of Nikki".... And Mark forever 53.... I miss you Guy!!!!!

www.dragraceresults.com

"Like Us" on Facebook

Posts: 415 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: November 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Frown

The heartache is just getting worse.
Posted 9 minutes ago
I am not sure why I am posting because I have nothing good to say. Yesterday was my worst day yet and today is not much better. I am trying, but it just hurts. I can't stand life without Nikki. I shake and cry all the time now. Everything is Nikki's and reminds me of her. Then I remember that I can never talk or hold her again. I am so angry that God did not give Nikki a miracle and let her come home. I know the road would have been hard but atleast she would be here with us. I miss you so much Nikki!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well, Ashley is calling me. Goodbye for now. Karen

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
How I wish there was something I could do or say to take away the pain, as much as I wish Nikki was still here. Please know Nikki, Karen, Ashly, and Bob, that you are always on our minds and hearts, and our hopes and prayers are with you always.

Praying Praying Praying

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
All of our thoughts and prayers are with you. Karen, Bob and Ashley hold tight to one another. We will all pray for your strength.

Photobucket

Photobucket

E85 Racing Carbs by AJ

AJ

Posts: 1045 | Location: PA | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Karen, Bob, Ashley, you've got to count on each other and accept the help from your friends to give you the strength to get through. It will never pass but it will become tolerable. Just remember the good times and all the love.

I feel for you very deeply and I speak from experience. God Bless! Praying

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mrs. DRR
Picture of WIFE99O
posted Hide Post
Once again Karen amazes me. . . . she has updated Nikki's care page
quote:
Final results.
Posted 45 minutes ago
When Nikki passed, the ICU doc asked if we would let them do an autopsy. We immediately said, "NO". Then Dr Goyal came in and asked to do only the lung and liver biopsy that we planned on doing in the OR, but that they were unable to do. We agreed in hopes to help the next child fighting to beat cancer. Dr Goyal called me today and spent a nice long time talking to me and going over the results. To make a long story short, Nikki did not have GVHD in her liver and they can't really diagnose it in anyones lungs. (She did have it in her skin and gut.) But he did say she had severe lung injury related to GVHD. They found no infection and no leukemia. But they did find lung tissue that was severely damaged and would not be able to recover. He said that the real problem was that it was one thing after another and she was just too sick from the combination of problems. She did not die from cancer, but from transplant complications. We talked about many more details and the final result was that even if we would have gotten these results sooner, there was nothing we could have done. That is hard to hear yet reassuring that we did the best that we could have. It just was not going to work. With Nikki, it was hard to understand how sick she was because she kept fighting and playing. She never complained. The hardest part for Bob and I was that we did not get to see Nikki awake after we sent her to the OR. They kept her paralyzed and pain free due to the type of ventilator she was on. I know she heard me talking to her, but wish I could have looked into those beautiful eyes once more. I feel alittle comforted today after speaking to Dr Goyal. He is a wonderful and caring doctor.
Well, the crying continues as I try my best. I did leave the house today for the first time by myself. I want to thank all of my friends who have continued to check in on me and keep me going. For Gretchen who met me for coffee/tea this morning, and for Beth for having Ashley and I over this afternoon. Thanks for listening. And, thank you all for all of the wonderful messages. My "carepage therapy" is helping. God Bless and goodnight, Karen

Nicole Lemen

Racers Helping Racers!!

www.dragraceresults.com

"Like Us" on Facebook