DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Please help us with a prayer.
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 38
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Please help us with a prayer.
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Twisted Cuda
posted Hide Post
This last post is ripping my heart out and I can't imagine how the parents (bob and karen) must feel. I check this post every day even if I don't read anything else. I got stickers at Bristol for both of our cars (one pictured in a post above somewhere) Please stay stong! We are all praying for Nicki

I hope I read better news this afternoon. This post is addictive. I have to read it out loud to the girls in my office each day and they don't even have anything to do with racing. Nicki is definitely touching a lot of lives.

Posts: 319 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
I also just can't imagine the pain & worry that Bob & Karen feel for their child. It so puts life & our worries-which are so small by far when compared to this battle-into perspective.
Nikki is something else, she has fought thru so much more than a child should ever have to. Our prayers are with all of you. May God bless, heal and protect little Nikki.

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
Nikki will be going to the OR at 2pm. Please say prayers! I will update as soon as I hear anything! Just not myself today. Don't mean to be selfish!

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67SS
posted Hide Post
Praying for a positive outcome of todays procedures.

Chad Harris

Posts: 1263 | Location: Vinton, Virginia | Registered: May 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
We are continuing to keep Nikki in our prayers and will say a couple of extra ones today. Bob & Karen even though we don't know you, you are part of our extended race family. God Bless you all.
Susie (aka Mrs. Homegrown & Head Cheerleader for TEAM CRB)

Posts: 684 | Location: Winners Circle | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry for the continued pain and suffering you are going through. I am praying as I type through the tears, I feel for you deeply. Please, God, help them through this once and for all. They deserve some rest and peace. God Bless,

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I second that, Floyd.

Posts: 129 | Location: USA | Registered: May 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Nikki is back in her room. She did well. Karen and Bob are waiting for answers now. Keep the prayers coming! Thank you!

Forever "53'

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Prayers for Nikki and Family..................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Day +46 and 110 days in the hospital. Back from OR.
Posted 15 hours ago
Nikki is resting from her procedures. We did not get called down to the OR until 2pm and then got back to the room around 5pm. I spoke to several doctors today and the tests gave us alot of information. The lungs look good inside so we will need to see if the washings show anything. The GI track is definitely worse than the last time. The esophagus is normal but she has ulcerations and irritations starting in the stomach and going through her intestines. The worst is the bleeding ulcers in the small intestines. No wonder she has "belly" pain. Now the question is; worsening GVHD, infection, or what is the underlying cause? The biopsies will give the answers. Atleast we will know what we are dealing with now and the doctors will know how to treat whatever it is. Bob and I feel okay about what we have heard from the docs so far.
Again, taking one day at a time.
God Bless! Karen

Forever "53'

Our "Guy"

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Well, I suppose that's good news but it sure don't lift my spirits much.
Please God,put an end to this and let that little girl play outside.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Your an Angel Floyd!

Forever "53'

Our "Guy"

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ma Brewer-Christine:
Your an Angel Floyd!

No, I'm no angel but it just breaks my heart to hear what they are going through. I have 4 grown kids and 8 grandkids so I know what it's like to be a parent. I was very fortunate that all my kids were healthy and so are the grand kids. One is adopted and he has a mental challenge but he's healthy. It's just got to be real hard to go through the anquish of having your offspring in the hospital and there is nothing you can do about it. It has to be a helpless feeling. I can only imagine.
Besides that I'd like to quit messing up my keyboard. I'm looking forward to happy times!!!
welcome

Mrs. DRR
Picture of WIFE99O
posted Hide Post
You are all still in our thoughts and prayers. .

Nicole Lemen

Racers Helping Racers!!

Always and forever, "Thinking of Nikki".... And Mark forever 53.... I miss you Guy!!!!!

www.dragraceresults.com

"Like Us" on Facebook

Posts: 415 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: November 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd Staggs:
quote:
Your an Angel Floyd!

but it just breaks my heart to hear what they are going through. I have 4 grown kids and 8 grandkids so I know what it's like to be a parent. I was very fortunate that all my kids were healthy and so are the grand kids. One is adopted and he has a mental challenge but he's healthy. It's just got to be real hard to go through the anquish of having your offspring in the hospital and there is nothing you can do about it. It has to be a helpless feeling. I can only imagine.
Besides that I'd like to quit messing up my keyboard. I'm looking forward to happy times!!!
welcome

No, I'm no angel---I beg to differ! You care! We all care, and if I could give both of my legs to get Nikki home I would. Once a Mom always a Mom. Kids shouldn't get sick!!

Forever "53'

Our "Guy"

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd Staggs:
quote:
Your an Angel Floyd!

but it just breaks my heart to hear what they are going through. I have 4 grown kids and 8 grandkids so I know what it's like to be a parent. I was very fortunate that all my kids were healthy and so are the grand kids. One is adopted and he has a mental challenge but he's healthy. It's just got to be real hard to go through the anquish of having your offspring in the hospital and there is nothing you can do about it. It has to be a helpless feeling. I can only imagine.
welcome

No, I'm no angel---I beg to differ! You care! We all care, and if I could give both of my legs to get Nikki home I would. Once a Mom always a Mom. Kids shouldn't get sick!!

You are absolutely right. They shouldn't get sick. Hurt a little? That's part of growing up. But sick isn't right.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
My thoughts and prayers to Nikki. This is one tough little girl. I just hope and pray that she can continue to have the strength to keep fighting. To Nikki's parents, keep strong and know that there is a whole community here that stand behind you in support and encouragement as you too grow tired in this struggle. You are her foundation. May you remain strong and pass the courage to her to keep moving forward. God Bless.

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
We are staying positive. Good days!

Day +47 and some results.
Posted 8 hours ago
Well, this carepage is like a soap opera and I know everyone is tired of the ups and downs because I am. The good news is that today was an up day. Nikki slept well last night and then had a very active day with painting, Yahtzee, playing Webkinz on the computer, and playing Wii. I almost want to say that she had less belly pain today. She did not ask to eat and I did not ask her either. I know no bleeding and no throwing up. Her bloodwork looked better than yesterday and she only needed platelets once. Her breathing is alittle better today. When awake she is not using the oxygen but is still using a small amount when sleeping. The results that I received today may change as they are not final, but the doctors are pleased. No infection of any kind is seen yet and this is good with her weak immune system. Nothing else with the lungs. I think the lungs are just weak from her immobility and as the saying goes- if you don't use it, you will lose it. So we are working on exercising them. Now, the GI track. Even though the pictures that I saw looked worse the biopsies showed that the GVHD is much improved and that the cells are regenerating. The ulcers may be that the GVHD is just healing yet, from all the steroids she is on, or from the stress her body is under. The plan is to decrease the steroids, give it time to heal, and give her a new oral med to coat her stomach. All in Gods time. So we stay the course and keep praying. One day at a time. God Bless and goodnight, Karen

Forever "53'

Our "Guy"

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
God Bless you all,Karen and Bob and Ashley,and a big special hugging prayer for Nikki girl,I just pray God's blessing's of healing on this little girl,and her family,and may God touch the Dr.hands and mind and fill them with the knowledge,that only God can give them,to help this sweet little Angel to heal and get better and go home with her family and get to be that little girl,with that big ole smile,without pain,and a great promise of a bright future,but until that day my God just lay his healing hands on her for a better and more pleasant day,as Mom said ONE DAY AT A TIME SWEET JESUS.......................AMEN and God Bless.....................Mike,Hope and Mannie,The Hawks Family............................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post