DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Please help us with a prayer.
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 38
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Please help us with a prayer.
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of MsFurr
posted Hide Post
Awesome!!

FurrRacing.com

Posts: 2023 | Location: hugging my kids... | Registered: March 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Nikki is the real HERO here and we continue to have her in our prayers....I am glad that she has great family and friends to make all of this just a little bit easier.
I will look here everyday to get more goood news!

Mike

Posts: 279 | Location: Rutledge,Tn | Registered: December 30, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
i do not know you, but I am sending you my prayers and thoughts of healing and love. I lost my wife to cancer on July 9th and reading this story has helped boost my spirits, I do understand the pain and wish you all the strength that the lord can give.

Tom

Tom Crowl, leave ontime and run the number , isn't it all that easy?

Posts: 329 | Location: Cottonwood ca, US*** | Registered: August 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Mike Hawks
posted Hide Post
Bob and Karen we are still praying for ya'll and you all encourage us all with your strenght and God Bless Nikki,she has become like family around Cana,Va.been requesting prayer for her from all the different chruches in our area,and to every friend I come across,so there's a h@le lot of praying going on................................

And Tom,God Bless you, so sorry for your loss,you will be in our prayers also...........................................

Posts: 5080 | Location: Cana va. | Registered: December 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Mike, thanks for the prayers...that and the great friends Patty and I have from the racing family are helping me and the kids get by.

Thanks again ,

But most importantly is that Nikki gets better!!

may God work his miracles.

Tom Crowl, leave ontime and run the number , isn't it all that easy?

Posts: 329 | Location: Cottonwood ca, US*** | Registered: August 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
Our girl, our hero!!

Day +40 and starting to eat!
Posted 9 hours ago
After today, all I can ask for is patience, more patience and did I say patience? Nikki had a good day but as it went on she became very needy, tearful and so full of emotions that I am on "empty." She is now sleeping and that is good. She needed platelets twice and blood once. Bloodwork about the same and at this point, doctors are okay with that knowing that it will improve over time. I learned today that there are many reasons that she still needs platelets but the big things are the GVHD, the VOD, and the fact that she had stem cells from an umbilical cord instead of from the bone marrow site for her transplant. Makes me more at ease knowing this as she needs transfusions everyday. Nikki was awake more and more talkative today. Also had alittle to eat twice today instead of just once or none. Her stomach seemed alittle better or at least we finally have the pain under control with the medicine now. Her skin even looked better after her shower. Other than the emotions, she had a good day. She also received a signed picture from Cinderella in the mail today and she enjoyed that.
For some of you that do not know about our Drag Racing family, I want to share about the amazing support we have from many states. There was a big race in Bristol this past weekend and to hear that racers were talking about Nikki and having her "Thinking of Nikki" stickers on there cars is just so wonderful. Thank you all so much for the support and love. Since Nikki is talking about having her own junior dragster, I hope to meet some of you in the future.
Another thank you to all of you for the food, gifts, cards, and especially the prayers. This is a long journey but with everyones help, we will make it through. God Bless and goodnight, Karen

What can I say, thank you! Thank you!! Okay no tears today, but they are good tears!!

Mr. Crowl, I extend my deepest sympathy to you and your family for your loss. I will keep you in my prayers. God has another Angel, Patty.

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Tom, my thoughts and prayers are with you. I've been in the same place as you. Count on your kids, your friends and God and you will recover. It will never be the same but you will recover. Keep happy thoughts and turn on green lights.
God bless you and Nikki.

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Thoughts and prayers to you too, Tom. I'm very sorry for your loss.

Here's the latest update:

Nikki and I had a lazy type of day. She did find the energy to play Wii bowling (high score 249 with seven strikes) and Mario Cart, but slept the rest of the day. No eatting today. Her morning labs looked good with her liver numbers improving. She did have platelets today. Then her afternoon labs were slightly concerning. Her WBC count almost tripled to be 16.3. Dr Shaw and Tammy came by and told Bob and I not to be surprised if she spikes a fever. That the cells are trying to fight something off. This count being high is always concerning for leukemia patients as a high WBC count is usually one of the first signs when diagnosed. Dr Shaw reassured us that he looked at the cells and they were not malignant. We will just be happy to see a normal range in the morning. Please say a prayer about this one.
Please check out the new pictures. Thanks to Carla, we now have "Thinking of Nikki" tattoos that match the stickers Christine made for the cars. The girls love them. THANKS Carla! Also, the hats were made by KNOTS-OF-LOVE.ORG. With Corrie's and Cindy's help we got a bag full of hats and were able to share them with others on the floor. They are beautiful and so soft. Nikki could not decide which one to pick and since this is her second battle, I decided she deserved two. THANKS!!!
I also want to send out a big CONGRATULATIONS to Makayla today. This is a friend of Nikki's who just finished her treatment for ALL and got her mediport removed today. Way to go Makayla! We are so proud of you.
That is it for tonight. Goodnight and God Bless! Karen

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
And a pic with the hat and tattoo:

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Nikki, our hero, our miracle!! You can do it Nikki!!! We all love you!!! Cool

Forever "53'

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67SS
posted Hide Post
Just learned our new neighbor, of about 2 months, had Luekemia when he was Nikki's age. Went through it all just as Nikki is. He is now in his 40's and has not had any issues since he beat it back then. Encouraging news, but sadly enough for them they just learned his wife has Breast Cancer. She will be going in the hospital in the next week for a masectomy and radiation. Prayers for them.

Chad Harris

Posts: 1263 | Location: Vinton, Virginia | Registered: May 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Lets start another day with prayers for all.
My buddy who had the throat cancer surgery goes back next week to get some sort of scan to see if they got it all. Lets hope it all goes well. He's healing up well after just 3 weeks.

God Bless!

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Keeping all the Angels in my prayers! May God surround them with His healing hands! Comfort and strength to them and their families!

Forever "53'

Our "Guy"

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Happy news to end the work day!No fevers and normal counts!

Posted 2 hours ago
Thanks for all the prayers. I am happy to report that Nikki never got a fever and her WBC count is back to normal range. There could be a few reasons that caused the number to be high, but since it is back to normal we won't worry about that. I will post again later. Thank you God for answered prayers! Karen

Go Nikki Go!!!

Forever "53'

Our "Guy"

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
That's great news!!! Hopefully we continue to hear good things like this!!!

Posts: 129 | Location: USA | Registered: May 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Day +42
Posted Jul 24, 2009 9:53pm
Had a nice day. Not much to tell. She got platelets. Her other bloodwork looked alittle better. She ate alittle. Kept busy with alot of little things today. She was in a pretty stable mood today and only a few breakdowns. I guess I just used the word "little" alot, but alittle is better than none. We are slowing decreasing some of her IV meds on a weekly basis, so this is good. Hope everyone has a nice weekend. Goodnight and God Bless! Karen

Forever "53'

Our "Guy"

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Day +43
Posted 1 day ago
Nikki had a pretty typical saturday. Numbers continue to be good and even her billirubin number is improving. The only thing continues to be her need for blood products. She had platelets twice and blood once. They actually just drew some blood now to check her counts again. Her stomach pain got bad this evening and when that happens she usually throws up and she did. I feel so bad that she is now asking about what she sees coming out. No wonder we need blood and platelets. I sure pray that her gut starts to heal soon. Please hear this prayer God. I drove home this afternoon just to pick up Ashley and while I was gone Nikki ate for Bob. She is such a fighter. I plan on getting home tomorrow for a few hours too. I really need to get my hair done again. I hope Gretchen can work some miracles. LOL. As Nikki starts to feel better I can go alittle. Even though she calls me often to ask when I am coming back. (Who bought her a cell phone? LOL) I had a wonderful surprise waiting for me in the garage when I got home. Bob bought me my dream car. I have always wanted a Volkswagon Beetle. And now I have a 1968 shiny yellow bug that was restored. It is beautiful! I had no idea and I guess it has been there for about a month or so. Bob is just the best. Well, thats about it for tonight. One day at a time. God Bless and goodnight, Karen

Forever "53'

Our "Guy"

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear Nikki's bilirubin levels are improving! That's a good sign. We will keep praying that her belly starts to feel better soon.

What a nice surprise for Karen from Bob-- her dream car! That's awesome. Cool

Posts: 129 | Location: USA | Registered: May 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Day +44 and +45. Here we go again.
Posted 8 hours ago
Nikki did well for Daddy yesterday and I did make it home for a short time. It went way to fast and I didn't even drive my car. I did take a picture and will post that soon. The bleeding from Nikki's gut is not improving and yesterday they adjusted several meds. She received blood and platelets. Today started out not to bad and then the roller coaster started going out of control. This morning we mainly talked about the bleeding and decided that she would go to the OR to be scoped again since it is not improving and the doctors want to be sure they are not missing something. She needed blood and platelets again today. Her liver numbers and billirubin got worse because of the IV med changes done yesterday to try to stop the bleeding. She tried to eat today but the pain just gets too bad. Then this afternoon we noticed that her oxygen saturations were dropping. A chest xray was done and showed a hazy area on the right middle lobe. Now we have to add a brochoscopy to the upper and lower GI scopes for tomorrow. She also had a chest CT done this evening and you know what that means. Yes, another IV stick for the contrast that can not go through her broviacs. She did so well, but I just want it all to stop. She has been through enough. She is now back to wearing alittle oxygen to keep her saturations up. Please pray for Nikki to tolerate all the tests tomorrow and for the doctors to find the answers we need to treat Nikki and make her well again. Bob and I need all of you out there to continue to pray for Nikki as we are struggling again with all of this. I just want to go home and plan Nikki's 7th birthday party and now I know we will not be home in time. When will this nightmare end! I do not know what time Nikki will go to the OR since she is an add on, but will try to update when we are done. Trying to stay strong-- Karen

My Dear Karen and Sweet Nikki, God will guide you home. Please trust in Him. God has answered so many prayers and He will continue. Please Dear God hear our prayers once again. To give Nikki strength and to comfort her. Take her in Your healing hands once more. Heal her from this dreadful pain. Please Bless Nikki! We all come to you with open hearts and open minds. We all came together to help Nikki fight this battle and we know with Your help, Nikki will be home soon. Amen

Forever "53'

Our "Guy"

Mrs. DRR
Picture of WIFE99O
posted Hide Post
Still Praying, be strong Nikki and Karen.

Nicole Lemen

Racers Helping Racers!!

Always and forever, "Thinking of Nikki".... And Mark forever 53.... I miss you Guy!!!!!

www.dragraceresults.com

"Like Us" on Facebook

Posts: 415 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: November 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post