DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Please help us with a prayer.
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 38
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Please help us with a prayer.
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Thank the lord.
That made the waterworks turn on again, but this time happy tears.

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of gm3
posted Hide Post
I usually don't post alot on here. I just read and follow up on all the news but I had to respond to this good news. I have been praying and thinking of Nikki alot and I hope she will get well soon to come back home. I have two girls 3 and 9 years old.I love them so much and very lucky to have them. We will be praying for you everyday. Glen

Posts: 41 | Location: Winner's Circle | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Ma Brewer-Christine
posted Hide Post
We love ya Floyd!! Happy tears!! Wink

Forever "53'

Always and forever "Thinking of Nikki"...

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
This is wonderful news!!! We will keep praying that Nikki's health continues to head in the right direction and also continued strength for the entire Deniker family. What a brave little girl Nikki is...

Posts: 129 | Location: USA | Registered: May 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ma Brewer-Christine:
We love ya Floyd!! Happy tears!! Wink

Hey now, you're going to ruin my reputation as a grumpy old man. No No Busted

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Awwww, you're a grumpy ole loveable man!!! Make me blush!!

Forever "53'

Our "Guy"

Posts: 1169 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Day +33 and a very good one.
Posted 10 hours ago
What a good day we had. Nikki did start out with belly pain and many trips to the bathroom. But once I talked her into getting out of bed (after she slept all morning), she was ready to go. We walked a lap around 9B, came back to play Wii bowling, and hit a beach ball back and forth. Sounds like good physical therapy to me. Then we sat on the couch to watch some TV and she asked me for tomatoe soup. She drank milk, had some soup and a few crackers. I guess all the activity made her hungry. She played Wii with daddy once he arrived and I went for a walk outside. She did get platelets through the night last night and we will do the same tonight. Otherwise her bloodwork is holding and we are slowly working on her issues. I think Nikki made her first steps to real progress today and there is no stopping her now. No oxygen today and as she is already sleeping her oxygen saturations look good. I will keep the oxygen mask in reach tonight just in case but she looks good for now. As you can see in the pictures, she never lost all of her hair this time, and I am happy that it is already starting to come back in. I can see the "peach fuzz" starting. I know that keeping her active and getting her to eat are very important steps and she started both of them today. Check out the new pictures. Thank you God for a great day! Goodnight and God Bless, Karen

Nikki is starting to turn that corner!! Thank you prayer warriors!! If you would like to look at Nikki's new pictures:

www.carepages.com/carepages/NikkiDeniker

Forever "53'

Our "Guy"

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Here's our Nikki!!! On the road to come home!!

I finally post a picture! Chuck will be so proud of me!!

Forever "53'

Our "Guy"

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Awww! She's got such a beautiful smile! Smile

Posts: 129 | Location: USA | Registered: May 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Day 100

Day +36 and Nikki's 100th day in the hospital.
Posted 1 day ago
I can not believe it has been 100 days already. Sometimes it seems shorter and sometimes it seems like forever. Yet, Nikki never once asked when we are going home. First, I will start by saying last night was quiet until they gave Nikki lasix (diuretic) at 2am. That is just not nice! We will be getting platelets shortly, but I am not saying a word about how tonight will be. Today was okay. I think Nikki is on an every other type of schedule. What I mean by that is one day active and hungry, and the next tired with no appetite. Today was the tired day so tomorrow should be better if the pattern continues. Not much more to report today. Nikki got Remicade today and otherwise just her normal meds. We still have alot of work to do on her bloodwork but I guess it just takes time. I will admit that I am not very patient but recently read something that I liked about those who wait for Gods plan. I will try to remember and share it when I can. That is about all for tonight. I am sure I will have a good story tomorrow as I am excited that Bob will be bringing Ashley. Goodnight and God Bless! Karen

Keep praying. Gotta get Nikki home!!!

Forever "53'

Our "Guy"

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
We're keeping on praying out here!
God bless.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
We have Nikki in our prayers still and now proudly display her decal on our junior.We have alot of people who dont frequent this site asking about the decal and they are praying for the best as well.
Mike

Posts: 279 | Location: Rutledge,Tn | Registered: December 30, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
You also had a great bunch of people and tough racers represent Pittsburg and it was cool getting to talk to you guys for a few!
See ya next year...lol
Mike

Posts: 279 | Location: Rutledge,Tn | Registered: December 30, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thank you so much!! We would never refuse more prayers!!

Forever "53'

Our "Guy"

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Newest update from Karen.

Day +39 and getting stronger.
Posted 12 hours ago
Nikki is staying awake more and playing more each day. She is still weak and does most of her activities sitting but is slowly starting to stand more for Wii games. Even though I think the progress is slow to none at times, the doctors are very positive about things. It just takes time, they say. She did throw-up this morning but the belly pain was about the same as yesterday. Nikki tried to eat several different things today but it just doesn't feel good to her belly. She keeps it down but it causes more pain. We just need the GVHD to heal more and I know she will be hungry with all the steroids she is on. The bathroom visits have been way less which makes her gut feel better. We are just waiting for her platelets now, and otherwise bloodwork was okay. Billirubin made a small drop which was nice to see. Her skin rash is drying out and still itchy. Alittle emotional but as I said, getting stronger. One day at a time with God leading the way. Goodnight and God Bless! Karen

Go Nikki Go!!

Forever "53'

Our "Guy"

DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
It was great to meet folks at Bristol who are cheering Nikki on... Chad Harris, MichaelMan21, Lisa (Twisted Cuda), Chris Moren, Jared Pennington, Steve Stites, and I apologize for the folks that I missed. There were also more who came over when I was in the lanes, and Greg, Scotty, Brianna, and AJ took care of. Steve Lyons included prayers for Nikki in Sunday morning's chapel service he conducted at the track. Christine, thanks to Michaelman21's generosity, I have 4 cases (yes, cases!) of snacks to give you to pass along to Bob and Karen. I didn't get to look for the stickers on cars like I wanted, but Chris made it easy on his Dart:

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of ChuckT
posted Hide Post
Forgot to mention, way to go with the pic, Christine! Big Grin

'81 Cutlass, KX05, Keystone Raceway Park
Millerstown Pic-A-Part, Tarentum, PA
Wholesale Transmission, New Kensington, PA
Thinking of Nikki and Mark - forever 53

Posts: 7228 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
You guys make me cry!! Go Nikki!!!!

Forever "53'

Our "Guy"

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Bob Deniker
posted Hide Post
You guys make me cry too. Thank you!!! And yes, GO NIKKI. She is my hero.

Posts: 621 | Location: Latrobe Pa. | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
I'm not crying today. Well, not much.
God bless