DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Diabetics step inside
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Diabetics step inside
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Type 2 for about 10 years, metforman and some others keep me pretty stable.Losing feeling in my feet and lower legs, my wife checks me carefully as I can't always tell when I have wounded myself in the garage. I once stepped on a sharp piece of metal and only later noticed the bloody feet prints and a shoe full of blood. On blood thinner also and bruise very easy. But I'm still alive .

Posts: 30 | Location: Southwest IOWA | Registered: March 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joekool:
I can't always tell when I have wounded myself in the garage.
bruise very easy.
But I'm still alive .

Same here..

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3306 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Well on metformin deal. We had to sheet roof last week so I left metformin off every morning and took ove when I got home(2 pm or so) and took one around 9 pm. No problems,did for get to take on evening till bed time about 11:30 or 12 and did have dizziness next morning. That was mid week.Went back to taking them only once I got home.Has dizziness in shop at night but not on job.
I go back to doctor next month and we are going to change to something else or maybe new doctor can change it. Unerstand it may be great for some or most,but drunk shyt got to stop.

I more than understand numb feet.Have had nail in shoe for most of day twice and only noticed when pulled red sock off at night. So far lucky on preventing infection,but most all know diabetes and foot injury can get bad fast.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4184 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I know what you mean about muscle lost l've lost in arms but have lost thigh muscle how you guys building thigh muscle back? Have bad knees so can't jug thinking about getting a bike and are you taking any Protein supplements,you have to watch out when taking Alleve/Advil because affects kidneys allivates Potassium levels which is not good

Posts: 51 | Location: SAN LEANDRO CA | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
I would like to know what anyone with diabetes is doing to rebuild muscle. Hell hard to build muscle if you follow a diabetic diet. I worked out for years,was pretty good size. Now I hat taking off shirt because lack of muscle size, Bad when you go from pulling off shirt to get female attention(very positive way) to a shamed to.

If anyone know of good system drop a line here or PM me.

Posts: 4184 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Jim Abate
posted Hide Post
Got the info from doctor on Tuesday,after falling out at work Monday,,big life change coming for me.. :Super Angry..MAY BE AFTER SOMETIME CAR WILL BE FASTER. Smile Shake head

Posts: 56 | Location: fort myers | Registered: January 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Reason for falling out Jim?

Hell was cutting some logs Sunday and got headrush and ended up sticking saw in dirt, dizziness with running chain saw,not good! Got to change medication because spinning head and 150 mph not good either.

DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
If it wasn't for the (back then) required physical for my NHRA license who knows when I would have been diagnosed.....

I can put on muscle, and have been, that isn't a problem. Certainly can't do it as fast now at 52 as I did when I was younger.

As far as lifting my shirt to "attract" women, shyt, if most of you saw what has been done to me, you would either give me a high-five for surviving it, or ask if I wanna be taken out back and shot like a horse with a broken leg!

Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Jim Abate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Abate:
Got the info from doctor on Tuesday,after falling out at work Monday,,big life change coming for me.. :Super Angry..MAY BE AFTER SOMETIME CAR WILL BE FASTER. Smile Shake head

LOW1sugar eating what I wanted how much I wanted for 60 yrs.has caught up..sure not the mph of my wagon...

Posts: 56 | Location: fort myers | Registered: January 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
How's everybody doing with regaining muscle

Posts: 51 | Location: SAN LEANDRO CA | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ed Quintell:
How's everybody doing with regaining muscle

No problem here.

Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Sucks here. Then gaining muscle after 50 is totally different than when was 35. Back then 6 months in gym and had big gains every where,well almost.LOL

DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
Will be 53 shortly. Certainly gain more muscle when I go to the gym twice a week, but haven't done that for a month and lost 7 pounds. Still playing tennis so certainly not a full-time couch potato.