DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Top Fuel Call Out Gainesville
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Top Fuel Call Out Gainesville
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
What is this all about? Anybody understand it and the point of it?

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:
What is this all about? Anybody understand it and the point of it?

WTH? Really? Thought they were professional ? It’s not street racing

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4497 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of 1leg
posted Hide Post
I like the idea.

Meziere Tech.
Make sure your water pump is on whenever you check your coolant level.

Posts: 239 | Location: Escondido | Registered: July 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
What's next? Giving the hit, or cars to one or the other? Chase is a race? That should retain credibility in top fuel for sure.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6405 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
The point is Pep Boys put up a bunch money and they are trying something a little different. This is a separate races within a race and it’s a great idea

L8R, Mike

Posts: 12287 | Location: Murrieta, Calif | Registered: August 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Its a gimmick race within the race but with Pep Boys sponsoring it and $130K purse and $80K to the winner, for the racers involved that's no gimmick

Posts: 2427 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Well,if I was Steve Torrence,I
would call out Leah.
Should be able to tree her.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I'm with Mike E.
Pep Boys put up money to do it. This is what we want to do,take it or leave it NHRA. Manny, Moe and Jack!

I'm sure NHRA gets some cash out of it.

Can't see it hurting anything.

At least someone is trying to draw interest.

My 2¢!

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Contrived bull**** to try and attract the morons that watch Street Outlaws and think it's real...

Posts: 118 | Location: Imperial, CA | Registered: September 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
Gasp!!!

Match racing???

Welcome to 1966.

I think it's a great idea, because the "competition" is otherwise a snooze fest.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1654 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
By the way, anyone have a link to what y'all are talking about? Laughing Hard

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1654 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Evidently some of you know about it, because you are watching it!
No bracket racer knows what chase is a race unless you are watching those shows.
It's something to watch.
No more, no less. Make yourselves high and mighty that you don't watch when you probably do.
I watch when I can. Got rid of cable a few years ago!

Ps: am I coming off like 1320 racer?
Don't mean to!

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:
Well,if I was Steve Torrence,I
would call out Leah.
Should be able to tree her.

I swear, I didn't know in advance.
Sure enough,he picked her.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Speaking of Pep Boys, they folded up parts sales quite a while ago in OKC. Only run the repair business. Is that the way it is across the country? Surprised they would promote a drag race with repair only service.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by M120:
Evidently some of you know about it, because you are watching it!
No bracket racer knows what chase is a race unless you are watching those shows.
It's something to watch.
No more, no less. Make yourselves high and mighty that you don't watch when you probably do.
I watch when I can. Got rid of cable a few years ago!

Ps: am I coming off like 1320 racer?
Don't mean to!

Even train wrecks are entertaining for a moment.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6405 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Some Pep Boys near me are service now. only when they used to sell parts and accessories as well.

Soon, we will have no stores for anything because of online sales.

Ps: After I wrote that, I feel like an angry old man,lol...
Sucks getting old. Don't do it!!

Ps2: I like the Advanced Auto near me, buy online, save $$$ and pick up in store. Good people there at my store.
The Napa is good but is more money.

Cool

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Hope it works. Good to see money flowing to the racer's.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4497 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
What is going to be cool about this is round 1 is tomorrow (if it stops raining) with NO qualifying/practice runs.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I’m ok with anything different. NHRA has to do something different. They are still dwelling on 70’s and 80’s Garlits, Shirley, and Glidden. They are so hung up on racers achieving a “benchmark” number of wins, which shows no regular fan cares about the week to week round matchups. As of now, there is no rivalry, groundbreaking engineering, payout, or allure. Pro mod is the only exception.

Posts: 290 | Location: Midwest  | Registered: January 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post