DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Why all the B!tching and Crying?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why all the B!tching and Crying?
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Goob:
quote:
Originally posted by Tom396:
I'm just jealous. Smile If somebody was paying my entry fees and I just had to give up a percentage of any potential winnings, I'd be in heaven. Big Grin However, I just don't see any deals like that coming down the road for me. Wink Take care. Tom Worthington

Tom, you should ask SFG Kyle, I think he's smart enough to put you in.

Nah. He might figure out who I am. Smile Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1229 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Doesn't seem right, however it's the promoters money in essence, but seems Fishee in a way, all this money up for grabs and no one being tore down. Does make you wonder.

Posts: 62 | Location: south carolina | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Dead On
posted Hide Post
Pretty late on this post, but to ref the Mules question about what a "house car" gets a privilege. It wasn't a house car but a class sponsor. This competitor like to stage first then deep. I had a slight issue getting staged but did so in the allotted time. Before the tree even came down he let it fly down the track with a big red light shining bright. I motored down came back for the next round and low and behold guess who got put back in. I asked and never got a straight answer. My guess was his donation to the purse gave him privileges that the rest of us weren't allowed to exercise. So does it happen at all the races, I don't know and I don't care. If it happens again at this particular series I wont run it again EVER. There are plenty of brackets and index races here that I don't need to contribute to that one if I choose not to. So Blind Mule if you choose accept it there's some proof it happens, If you choose not to well that's ok too.

Posts: 73 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 18, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
It's a very bad idea.

Bob

Posts: 3075 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dead On:
Pretty late on this post, but to ref the Mules question about what a "house car" gets a privilege. It wasn't a house car but a class sponsor. This competitor like to stage first then deep. I had a slight issue getting staged but did so in the allotted time. Before the tree even came down he let it fly down the track with a big red light shining bright. I motored down came back for the next round and low and behold guess who got put back in. I asked and never got a straight answer. My guess was his donation to the purse gave him privileges that the rest of us weren't allowed to exercise. So does it happen at all the races, I don't know and I don't care. If it happens again at this particular series I wont run it again EVER. There are plenty of brackets and index races here that I don't need to contribute to that one if I choose not to. So Blind Mule if you choose accept it there's some proof it happens, If you choose not to well that's ok too.
WOW....

Posts: 1250 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RacerVX54:
I laugh really. I aint putting nobody's ugly stickers on my car for free. LOL

They will probably be dry rotted before you ever unveil the car anyway.

Posts: 45 | Location: East Coast | Registered: August 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:

Kudos to you. These liberals will take over everything including drag racing if people like you don't Man up and speak the Truth. NO True conservative rational thinking man is gonna roll up in the lanes pretending they earned being there after stepping on their wenis the round before, wannabe elitist or not. This is the kind of crap nobody ever heard of just ten years ago.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:

Saw a similar deal at a track that is no longer around (Wonder why?) and when they were questioned about it they threatened to kick the guy who got screwed out and ban him. That was on a big money local race and that saved the track a lot of money by screwing the guy.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 3973 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of BLIND MULE 2217
posted Hide Post
quote:

If that happened after 2nd rd then yes that's not fair if it happened the way you described. What race and day was this on? The way you describe this I suppose this was no box in front of electronic door cars? I'm confused on the class sponsor deal I guess being as there is one class. ( not like PTC radial vs. World. Or vortech extreme street)

Posts: 354 | Location: Opelika AL, | Registered: January 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of fuzzy dice
posted Hide Post
I could care less who is in the other lane...that said, I also believe house cars make the promoter look fishy no matter what happens...be a promoter or be a sponsor, one or the other...just my .02...

Posts: 1272 | Location: Florida (FL) | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
We could all careless etc etc. until it happens to you or you are a victim of it. There is the term "conflict of interests" that is used in the world today and this would fall right into it. I have been to a race by a certain promoter that had family members racing in the event. They always seemed to go rounds and will the lottery buy backs, with that being said one would only have speculation with no proof of any wrong doing. On one particular day there was a new racer who came to the race series. He took notice of something and asked for an inspection of a vehicle. It was not granted, until another driver requested the same. They were informed the following round there would be one on the specific car. Well the car didn't make the round due to what they said was an engine issue and since he didnt make the round they could not do the tear down. Now where does that leave the human mind to roam?

Long story short a few weeks later this driver in question was caught taking an arc module out of his car after being contested at an event that was not put on by the family member. His excuse was he forgot it was in there from testing the week before.

That driver and the 2 other family members then took about 8 months off from racing and seem to race other races elsewhere with not as much success.

Posts: 232 | Location: On the top of a bus! | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
quote:

Saw a similar deal at a track that is no longer around (Wonder why?) and when they were questioned about it they threatened to kick the guy who got screwed out and ban him. That was on a big money local race and that saved the track a lot of money by screwing the guy.

I can assure you this goes on. This station wagon was put back into a race at Bradenton after originally being declared the loser in the semifinal round forty five minutes after being declared the loser and loading up. This was done on the whims of the legislators/authority/track officials using a story they made up out of thin air. This means objectively the wagon was put back into the final round on the preferential privilege of legislators/track officials. The Nova certainly isn't a house car evidenced by the fact of buying 2 or 3 tech cards in ten years at Bradenton.

Every human being in the universe knows right from wrong. Bradenton certainly knew they were wrong, evidenced by the fact they refused to clarify (repeat) their explanation for overturning the original call. Instead Bradenton chose to ban the Nova. This was also done by the whims of legislators/officials at Bradenton instead of adhering to first world country standards of right and wrong. Kudos to those rational thinking old school Americans who speak truth to power. It's either that or these left hand path liberals turn America into a third world country where everyone try's to get away with anything they can with the help of all the other win at all cost screwballs and wannabe elitists/clique community.

Objectivity through rational thought is a western and masculine concept.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post