DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Why all the B!tching and Crying?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why all the B!tching and Crying?
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of BLIND MULE 2217
posted
I found it humorous that some of you guys are complaing about "house cars" or how much a promoter makes etc.
First of all on the "house cars" deal. Unless they are getting special privileges what difference does it make? Two cars stage, tree comes down, best package wins. Doesnt matter whats on the side of the car or how the entry was paid. Some of you will say "they don't have as much to worry about because their not paying their own entry" First, how do you know this is even the deal? Second, what's the difference between that and me struggling at my 9-5 on a schedule to make ends meet vs. someone who owns their own business that can leave as they wish and use it as a "write off"? My car isn't the best nor have the highest dollar stuff but I'm not gona b!tch about someone else having better stuff just because they can afford it and I cant.
Now to the promoters making money. Some of you kill me on this deal... If a person does what's on their flyer and makes a million dollars, so what? If they don't make money, guess what, you won't get to keep racing these races.

Well that's all the time I have as I to get back to my job that I HAVE to be at every Monday morning.

Posts: 354 | Location: Opelika AL, | Registered: January 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
The way I look at it , The promoters have to eat so who cares if they make a little coin . Im guessing it takes alot of time to put together one of these races.

Posts: 337 | Location: up on the wheel | Registered: March 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Here’s my opinion.

Take all the house cars and line them up nose to tail in any one lane. I’ll be the first to get in the opposing lane ( L or R I don’t care) to run them. If I can’t beat a house car, how would I ever expect to beat someone that refused the offer to be a house car for an event much less a racing business car.

Posts: 2464 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Promoter shouldn’t have any interest in the outcome of a race

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
^^^^this

Posts: 329 | Location: observing the mayhem | Registered: December 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by I.P. Dailey:
Promoter shouldn’t have any interest in the outcome of a race

Fair enough......show me where, at any rescent big money race, this has played out in the outcome of the race. IE....a special pass or privelage was given to a "house car".

And for all these on the "house car" band wagon...explain to me exactly what you think they are getting in the "deal".

Posts: 354 | Location: Opelika AL, | Registered: January 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
I doubt that any of the House cars are getting special treatment. But the reason they should not use this practice is conversations like this. It just looks bad. Why invite the suspicions?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6408 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Hotrod Corvette
posted Hide Post
Where is B!tching and Crying at about people buying their way in with a $50 raffle ticket, or worse getting a second entry for $50?
How about all those double entries?
How about those that get an advantage by racing a dragster and a door car working both sides of the field?
How about the no-box guy getting a cheap entry into the late rounds?

Everyone is cheating or not playing fair if you look for some kind of reason. Big Grin

Burt

I'm So Proud To Be An American And Not A Democrat...

Posts: 1219 | Location: Clinton Township, MI | Registered: September 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I'm just jealous. Smile If somebody was paying my entry fees and I just had to give up a percentage of any potential winnings, I'd be in heaven. Big Grin However, I just don't see any deals like that coming down the road for me. Wink Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I liked the last no box guy getting $500 at Piedmont when there were only 3 in the category. But guess what, the last man standing got the $500. Pretty cool.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
The question "why all the b!tching and crying?"

The answer. People like to b!tch and cry. It really is that simple.

I used to be a people person, but people ruined that.

Posts: 225 | Location: Usually home | Registered: January 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
I doubt that any of the House cars are getting special treatment. But the reason they should not use this practice is conversations like this. It just looks bad. Why invite the suspicions?

This is it in a nutshell. I also doubt that the house cars received any special treatment but it sure does not look right in my opinion.

Then you start bringing in questions like, "Can the outcome of the race be changed from the tower?" If the tower has a vested interest in the outcome then it just does not look right.

What if one of the racers MAY have crossed over center line and track has to make a judgement call involving one of the house cars? No matter what you will have some people upset. In a normal race if there was a question involving the center line and I am involved I would accept their decision and walk away but if it was one of their cars and the track has to decide who won I would be questioning the decision.

With all of that said I have not seen any cheating and I believe most racers and tracks are honest.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4019 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
One thing not mentioned here is the fact that in most cases the promoter rents the track and the track personnel to run the race and has very little hands on participation in the event. At least thats the way it looks to me and I have been in the tower at several of these events put on by different promoters and tracks.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
There are a few guys that I would never want to see in a "house car", or "their car", or a "rental car". Because they're going to go some rounds. I'm hoping the criers get them. Being a hired gun doesn't make you any better because you're in someone else's car.

That being said, if a questionable incident comes up the promoter should pull their entry immediately to show no favoritism.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
I just wanna race, don't care who is in the other lane. BUT.......If I was to line up against a "house car", you better believe I'm gonna analyze that run VERY CAREFULLY......especially if I lose. I just want to make sure they keep things honest, and I believe for the most part they will....but it never hurts to verify.......

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1468 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Coloradoracer:
I just wanna race, don't care who is in the other lane. BUT.......If I was to line up against a "house car", you better believe I'm gonna analyze that run VERY CAREFULLY......especially if I lose. I just want to make sure they keep things honest, and I believe for the most part they will....but it never hurts to verify.......

I agree with that but as others have said it sure looks suspicious.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4019 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
quote:
Originally posted by Coloradoracer:

I agree with that but as others have said it sure looks suspicious.

With all do respect........What, in any of the rescent big money races, has looked suspicious?

DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom396:
I'm just jealous. Smile If somebody was paying my entry fees and I just had to give up a percentage of any potential winnings, I'd be in heaven. Big Grin However, I just don't see any deals like that coming down the road for me. Wink Take care. Tom Worthington

Tom, you should ask SFG Kyle, I think he's smart enough to put you in.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1666 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woody B:
The question "why all the b!tching and crying?"

The answer. People like to b!tch and cry. It really is that simple.

Dead-on!

goob- damnit man, i must have cheated

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1666 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
I laugh really. I aint putting nobody's ugly stickers on my car for free. LOL

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1401 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post