Find
Notify
Tools

*****en?
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of Dragn
posted
Years ago I lost a round that I had won because my neutral safety switch didn't work and my crew member push my lash button to start the car. My Question is If you are dailing faster than 7.50 and wearing a 5 firesuit Is that cheating, If your Flexplate is expired is that cheating? Are you just being a ***** if tech guy is told?

Bob Seamons

Posts: 207 | Location: In the Garage | Registered: December 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
It isn’t cheating, but you are opening yourself up to the possibility of (rightfully) being thrown out if these things are brought to the attention of tech/track officials.

Would it be chicken$h!t for someone to rat you out after being defeated? Yes, it would be.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3158 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Having out of compliance safety equipment is not cheating as most people think of it. In some cases it can be far worse than cheating. The safety rules are there not only for your protection but the protection of your fellow competitors as well.

When you sign your tech card, you are stating to the world that the cars and your safety equipment is up to date and in compliance with the rules.

In the end it all comes down to what your word and reputation means to you and the folks you race with. If you lie on your tech card and get caught, you have only yourself to blame.

Posts: 457 | Location: coquille,or | Registered: November 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dragn:
Years ago I lost a round that I had won because my neutral safety switch didn't work and my crew member push my lash button to start the car. My Question is If you are dailing faster than 7.50 and wearing a 5 firesuit Is that cheating, If your Flexplate is expired is that cheating? Are you just being a ***** if tech guy is told?

Should have been rejected before you got on track, and YES, it's a b!tch move to call out a competitor because you lost the round.

Everyone was wrong.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1653 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post