Tools

Lizzy Musi
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The Bozman:
transbreak delay for right after the hit through the rest of the run. have it come off at teh time you think you may go through the finish line. that way if it is run away motor you can hit it and it activates the two step, not brain science.

Please explain how you would wire this. I am assuming that this interrupt time is programmed into a delay box. If so, the 2-step is typically activated by the transbrake output. If the transbrake output is locked out, the 2-step will not activate.

If you wire the 2-step to the button signal, then the car will go on the coverter at button release.

I suppose you could wire both the button and transbrake wire to the 2-step, but who does that? It would be easier to just wire a separate 'oh $h!t' button/switch to the 2-step in that case.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3159 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
I have a TB lockout set at 6 seconds, also have Grid set to max 2000 rpm starting at 6 seconds..
People in the pits think car is broke when it starts stuttering when I'm driving back..

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3309 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lenny5160:
quote:
Originally posted by The Bozman:
transbreak delay for right after the hit through the rest of the run. have it come off at teh time you think you may go through the finish line. that way if it is run away motor you can hit it and it activates the two step, not brain science.

Please explain how you would wire this. I am assuming that this interrupt time is programmed into a delay box. If so, the 2-step is typically activated by the transbrake output. If the transbrake output is locked out, the 2-step will not activate.

If you wire the 2-step to the button signal, then the car will go on the coverter at button release.

I suppose you could wire both the button and transbrake wire to the 2-step, but who does that? It would be easier to just wire a separate 'oh $h!t' button/switch to the 2-step in that case.

Actually I'm thinking you would have to hit the burnout button to activate the 2 step. 3 step?.

Dave

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3309 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
Anyone ever try to stop a car with no brakes and equipped with an ATI safety clutch? I don't think it's available anymore, but it provides an interesting ride if your brakes quit..

It was a 2 piece output shaft the was coupled using a clutch pack like the forward clutches. The idea was if the engine threw a rod and locked up the rear tires wouldn't and cause you to lose control.
Problem arises when for some reason you get in trouble when brakes fail.

While racing at Ohio Valley back in early 90's my brake pedal broke at the weld when crossing finish line. Back then they had lights that sort of pointed back towards the start so the tower had no idea what was going on.
I hit the brakes and pedal dropped, put it in low gear and it was like sticking it in neutral, put it in reverse, nothing, then put it in park still coasting. By this time I was out in a big ole field running 130 mph trying to put it in a slide as I wasn't sure where the river was and definitely didn't want any of that.
Pisser was the car was a Super Street car and had a chute, which I never even thought of using.
The guy I had just beat was waiting for me at the end of the track to see if I was OK.. Meanwhile the races on track continues..lol

Dave