DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    norwalk cancels sportsman classes next week
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

norwalk cancels sportsman classes next week
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Too wet for sportsman’s racers but not for all the spectators.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Wondering if NHRA doesn't view this as an opportunity to evaluate a "Pro Only" format at a National Event and see how it flys'

Posts: 227 | Location: North Royalton Ohio US*** | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
And if they held the event you guys would ***** about where you had to park.

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Oh wait, you guys just get on the internet and *****

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Not a surprise at all.I could see this coming a week ago.There are some terrible pit spots in the grass at Norwalk with very minimal rain.

With all of the rain,I even wonder where the spectators will park.

The Norwalk schedule for the rest of 2019 is pretty full.I kind of wonder IF and WHERE the event will be rescheduled.

Looks like I might have my first National event of 2020 already paid for.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
^^ Bader made a good decision. IMHO

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4475 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by S/S Dart:
Wondering if NHRA doesn't view this as an opportunity to evaluate a "Pro Only" format at a National Event and see how it flys'

THIS !!!!

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
how do you have a national event with just sportsman cars?
im going to guess a credit towards another even would be issued?

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I have pitted on just about about spot you could up there and if they moved the sportsman racer down by the grandstands on the grass they would be fine, a little wet but not muddy like in the back 40 as it’s called.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
NHRA basically ran sportsman racers off at Memphis ~30 years ago. Spectator parking was flooded. They used the sportsman pits for spectator parking. It was my last NHRA national. ( I didn't attend the make up date, and didn't even attempt to transfer my entry). The sportsman classes are not the "show" at nationals. They're not the money maker either. I no longer wanted to be "filler". I just stuck to bracket racing after that.

I used to be a people person, but people ruined that.

Posts: 225 | Location: Usually home | Registered: January 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of pentastarrail
posted Hide Post
They'll probably tie it into the Jegs Sports Nationals. This way no one can complain because it's located in the same general area of the US (Ohio).

Man was not built to fly ... That's why he built HEMI's

Frank Zeffiro
ALIAS -- BIG KAHUNA

Posts: 955 | Location: Winchester, Connecticut | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jenavet:
how do you have a national event with just sportsman cars?
im going to guess a credit towards another even would be issued?

It's called a Sports National

Posts: 120 | Location: Indiana | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pentastarrail:
They'll probably tie it into the Jegs Sports Nationals. This way no one can complain because it's located in the same general area of the US (Ohio).

I didn't think they were having one this year. It took me more Googling than I would have thought to find the dates. Not on any NHRA schedule that I could find.

Should be a successful event!

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3150 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
The way this weather is going a drag boat would be a better bet.

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
Where exactly would you like them to park the Sportsmen?

It's absolutely stunning how people can sit and keyboard quarterback this situation. Bader and the crew do everything humanly possibly.

NHRA has been forced to run Pros and Sportsmen separate before. Despite all the hand-wringing, they have not made it a regular program, nor would it make any sense to.

Bader has addressed the parking situation, not only for racers, but spectators as well. Camping is a massive revenue stream for the track, but they have had to turn away spectator motorhomes for the same reason that they cannot park racer rigs.

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5727 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I agree. And for the knuckheads who keep saying where are they gonna park the spectators if its so wet? Last I checked spectators don't roll in with toters, trailers, stackers, motorhomes. I would guess a honda civic weights alot less than a fully loaded Diesel pusher! Its a marsh up here in this area.

Posts: 39 | Location: oregon | Registered: December 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post

Posts: 39 | Location: oregon | Registered: December 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post