DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    How a Starting Line Should Look!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How a Starting Line Should Look!
 Login/Join

DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted
With the race season upon us and Big Bucks and Bragging Rights on the table, racers can only hope the playing field looks just like this!

Jeff Foster is a student of timing equipment and race track preparation. Track Operators and Promoters take note.

drag strip starting line

Posts: 2107 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Smooth and Teeth! Had a Great conversation with Jeff after the last race. Thanked him for a superb safe track.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4491 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Might try some light on the tree---just saying

Posts: 6213 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
where's the 75 people required to help the cars stage?

Mike

Posts: 1562 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Not a big fan of that starting line/track. Way to shiny! I have never ran on a track like that that was better than one that looks like flat black paint! Too much glue is not a good thing IMO. VMP looked just like this at the last PDRA race. Got down it fine but not as tight as when it's prepped and a flat black grow is generated.

Posts: 2149 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
It depends on the class of cars running. For my SST car or bracket dragster this is great. For the TD not so great. The TD needs wheel speed and when they consistently change the track with glue it is almost impossible to predict.

It's not what you've got, it's what you give, it's not the life you choose, it's the life you live.

Posts: 2120 | Location: Napa, California | Registered: December 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
As long as it looks the same as it did last pass, generally I am happy. I have only seen our local track look like a giant sh1t show one time. When my small block dragster does a fuel looking burnout at 10', something is obviously wrong. Everybody said don't even try it. That was the only time I couldn't get down a track.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6398 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Im with TOP38 on this topic I like a clean flat black look my experience on a wet look wasn't that great but hey Id give it a shot

Posts: 65 | Location: central indiana | Registered: May 16, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
It hasn't been drug yet...

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4491 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
You can have it I’ll take our locally owned gotta make living tracks around here any day....

Posts: 1258 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Radial prep, not usually the hot ticket for cars with steam rollers Smile

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 989 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of fuzzy dice
posted Hide Post
I am very fortunate...my local track is Orlando where Wade Rich does the prep...nuff' said about that...

Posts: 1277 | Location: Florida (FL) | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stk 758 BP!:
It hasn't been drug yet...

Nope! That how it looked...

Posts: 2149 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
Picture of adv ET 266
posted Hide Post
Gear ripping surface right there. Good to see a track not afraid to bust their glue budget.

2005 2000lb 4 link dragster
home brew 582 BBC Dart 355
4.629@149
7.310@185

Posts: 12161 | Location: 33463 | Registered: February 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Brktracer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
Might try some light on the tree---just saying

X2!

Matt Ward

Posts: 1389 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: March 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Looks typical for SCSN at LVMS

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Posts: 989 | Location: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: April 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Not a big fan of that starting line/track. Way to shiny! I have never ran on a track like that that was better than one that looks like flat black paint! Too much glue is not a good thing IMO. VMP looked just like this at the last PDRA race. Got down it fine but not as tight as when it's prepped and a flat black grow is generated.

This is something I have kind of always wondered about but never asked. Why some tracks have that shiny look and others don't. You really never see a national event where a track looks that way. There is a certain track in the northeast that always looks that way and I never understood why. I have never personally had an issue there just never understood the look.

Does it have to do with the amount of glue? type of glue? put down.

B.J. Masiello

Posts: 250 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: November 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SlyFox:
where's the 75 people required to help the cars stage?

Twenty Bucks a Head.

Gpa

Posts: 8726 | Location: Blythe GA USA | Registered: January 31, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MasRacing:
quote:

This is something I have kind of always wondered about but never asked. Why some tracks have that shiny look and others don't. You really never see a national event where a track looks that way. There is a certain track in the northeast that always looks that way and I never understood why. I have never personally had an issue there just never understood the look.

Does it have to do with the amount of glue? type of glue? put down.

Mas.. they drag it with a row of slicks on a tractor. Very cool setup. Before it was a scraper bucket and pieces of slick cut into strips and that too worked well. . Really makes the track stick. Big events prep for wheel speed, smaller events prep for dead hook or very close to it. Mix is approx 60/40..

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BP758,

Raceless in California!