DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "If You Can't Afford To Race,Stay The Hell Home"
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"If You Can't Afford To Race,Stay The Hell Home"
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
I'm really surprised at the tone of this article.Especially coming from somebody that rarely wins,and isn't that great of a driver.

autoweek.com: Cruz Pedregon to NHRA Teams Worried about Inflation: 'If You Can't Afford to Race, Stay Home'.
https://www.autoweek.com/racin...-stay-the-hell-home/

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
He’s right! What we do isn’t an entitlement so stop biotching about the cost of fuel, parts and cars, entry fees and race or don’t and sit home!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Speaking on a much smaller scale, and even though I don’t care what people do with their lives, I’ve seen racers not pay their light bill and go racing instead.

Posts: 785 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 434 olds
posted Hide Post
He`s right. Did you ever take a look at some of the cars that line up next to you and wonder if something is going to fall of their car and cause you to crash. Some of these people cant even do it half ass.

Worlds Quickest And Fastest 71 Cutlass On The Planet Earth

Posts: 536 | Location: Oak ridge, N.J | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
Says a guy that races off sponsor money and has minority entitlement thinking . F him

Posts: 1234 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
At the end of the article, people are posting comments.

I like this one:

"Get a Snap On Rachet and hit yourself on the head until you can speak better."

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
If everyone who can’t afford to do the racing that they do, the turnout at the racetrack will end up pretty small.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6378 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Even the rich man needs the poor man to show up. Can't race without an opponent.

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Most bracket racers have shops just like this,right?

https://youtu.be/Z2WnghcNtDQ

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
67tschevy2 said it all. Those 2 brothers have contributed nothing to our sport....couple of bottom feeders.

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2331 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:

Bad ass.

I talk with Cruz on FB quite a bit. I follow his team. He's due for a win. They run killer, and don't explode parts into pieces.

Always in the thick of things. Top of the heap.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
Kill the messenger! The guy tells the truth that the fans don't want to hear all of this whining. The whole country has become like a bunch of puppies whining in a box.

Posts: 1451 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 67TSCHEVY2:
Says a guy that races off sponsor money and has minority entitlement thinking . F him

quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
67tschevy2 said it all. Those 2 brothers have contributed nothing to our sport....couple of bottom feeders.

Whatcha gonna do when you're the minority in a libtard pedo drag queen story time world? It's coming.

The pedo's will be pointing at you laughing, while saying, look at these entitlement bottom feeders.

See how that works?

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
While I do agree with him, it's pretty rich coming from the guy that has a reputation of not paying bills for services rendered....

google up his restoration of his dad's old car...left quite a few people holding the bag on that deal

Posts: 118 | Location: Imperial, CA | Registered: September 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Holytown:
Even the rich man needs the poor man to show up. Can't race without an opponent.

Bingo

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6378 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eman:
Kill the messenger! The guy tells the truth that the fans don't want to hear all of this whining. The whole country has become like a bunch of puppies whining in a box.

While I don’t disagree with you sentiment, the flip side is what happened with the previous ownership of our track. They did a crappy job, people complained. They were told their feedback wasn’t welcome, and the complaints stopped….and the car count fell off the face of the earth. It pays to listen to the customer.

Another ironic deal is this: top dragster top topic used to be how to get rid of the super comp cars out of top. Now they can’t fill fields in a lot of cases. Sometimes when we push for an elite club, you get one

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Sportsman
Picture of 434 olds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:

Bad ass.

I talk with Cruz on FB quite a bit. I follow his team. He's due for a win. They run killer, and don't explode parts into pieces.

Always in the thick of things. Top of the heap.

Ball washer. Cruz and his brother both suck and should be on the other side of the wall looking in.

Worlds Quickest And Fastest 71 Cutlass On The Planet Earth

Posts: 536 | Location: Oak ridge, N.J | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Where’s the Fn L I K E button!
Toche' rotflmao!

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4479 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of KWig
posted Hide Post
The very last thing I care about, is the attitude of a “Pro” racer. If it was left to he who has the most money, in racing, it would all be heads up. That’s what bracket racing was invented for. To give a place for anyone, to race and enjoy racing.

You have to put in the effort, to get anything out of it.

Posts: 736 | Location: Cumming Ga | Registered: January 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post