DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    "If You Can't Afford To Race,Stay The Hell Home"
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"If You Can't Afford To Race,Stay The Hell Home"
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 434 olds:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:
Most bracket racers have shops just like this,right?

https://youtu.be/Z2WnghcNtDQ

Bad ass.

I talk with Cruz on FB quite a bit. I follow his team. He's due for a win. They run killer, and don't explode parts into pieces.

Always in the thick of things. Top of the heap.

Ball washer. Cruz and his brother both suck and should be on the other side of the wall looking in.

Nah, I like Cruz, his brothers and the crew chief he has now, Collins. I think the dude is about as slick as it gets. They haul ass, hell yes I follow his team, the content they pass on FB during any given NHRA race / event is unreal.

I could care less the color. Black, white, Hispanic, it don't matter.

Color don't determine trash, nature does.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
Ballwasher Laughing Hard

Posts: 1240 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 67TSCHEVY2:
Ballwasher Laughing Hard

I’m dyin lol

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6406 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canted Valve:

Couldn't say it any better... with all the other BS going on these days,, why would anyone care.

Posts: 2157 | Location: Tewksbury, MA,USA | Registered: November 03, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Da Cruzer is suddenly worthy of deciding who should race, and what can be complained about. All hail the Cruzer!
especialmente su arandela de bolas!!!!

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6406 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
When he loses Snap-On (And that day is coming) he will be back scrambling to find race money like the rest of us common Po-Folks.

Bad PR dude, people remember.

Bob

Posts: 3082 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 67TSCHEVY2:
Says a guy that races off sponsor money and has minority entitlement thinking . F him
Spot On………..

Posts: 1258 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
... with all the other BS going on these days,, why would anyone care.

Simply human nature at work. Self preservation only kicks in when people have something personally to lose, skin in the game if you will. When your neighbor gets laid-off it's a recession, when you get laid-off it's a depression. Wink

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RPROGAS:
When he loses Snap-On (And that day is coming) he will be back scrambling to find race money like the rest of us common Po-Folks.

Bad PR dude, people remember.

Bob

RP is correct. nothing is forever and a sponsor will only pony up for so long spending money on a sub-par middle of the pack driver/owner with an over rated opinion of himself.

ep-his second career can be landscaping.

Posts: 764 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Since when is it a negative to have a sponsor?

He's talking about his tenant in the building next to his.

He's saying fans don't wanna hear about it.

He's right, fans don't wanna hear about the economy from Top Fuel drivers.

He's right,they come out to the drag races to leave that behind for a few hours.

So far, here's what we got.

1. Cruz has a sponsor.

2. Cruz is hispanic.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
it is not negative to have a sponsor. sponsorship is not forever. did anyone think ford and castrol would drop john forskin on his head. biggest name in the business was in panic mode. if alot of the people who raced on someone elses dime had to pay their own way they would be at sunshine with retow or the local track running for $800 not $500k.

ep-i dont hate on anybody that has help. i think it is great.
and he does have a sponsor
and he is hispanic.

Posts: 764 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pauley:
it is not negative to have a sponsor. sponsorship is not forever. did anyone think ford and castrol would drop john forskin on his head. biggest name in the business was in panic mode. if alot of the people who raced on someone elses dime had to pay their own way they would be at sunshine with retow or the local track running for $800 not $500k.

ep-i dont hate on anybody that has help. i think it is great.

We raced for $2200 to win Super Pro at Sunshine every Friday night 43 races a year way back in 2001. $1400 runner up according to the value / purchasing power of the dollar today.

100 Super Pro cars every Friday night.

43 points available races a year.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
and your point is.......

you prolly spent $80 at the gate not $2k.

you would think twice about the 2k gate and not the 80

ep

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
and your point is.......

you prolly spent $80 at the gate not $2k.

you would think twice about the 2k gate and not the 80

ep

$35 dollars to race.

Every Friday night, 43 times a year.

100 Super Pro cars.

Sunshine would get twice the cars as Bradenton.

Bradenton was B league.

Sunshine won bracket finals every year, IHRA or NHRA.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
even better.

$35 vs $2k.

very good deal.

i can race pretty much what i want and pretty much when i want. i have chosen to cut back because of the current fuel prices and have raced about half as much as last year. for some it doesn't matter and that is great to. and some are racing on someone elses dime and that is great to.

ep

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
even better.

$35 vs $2k.

very good deal.

i can race pretty much what i want and pretty much when i want. i have chosen to cut back because of the current fuel prices and have raced about half as much as last year. for some it doesn't matter and that is great to. and some are racing on someone elses dime and that is great to.

ep

Race now, or never again. Ever.

Mark my words.

The globalists (lefty's) are far from done.

They're manufacturing the consent (of the people), in their media on a loop to arrest Trump now. Then what?

DRR Sportsman
Picture of CrewMan
posted Hide Post
A tone deaf statement at it's best....wow.

Maybe ol' Cruzer should have taken his own advice this week with that stellar a$$ whippin he took first round at Denver from Mr. Wilkerson. Big Grin

"Some things are better left unsaid... usually it's the S**T I blurt out first.

Posts: 116 | Location: Loveland, Ohio | Registered: September 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Most of you are right, yes he does have a sponsor (for now) and does not relate to us. Cruz says if you can not afford to race stay home. That is a decision every racer has to make from John Force on down.
For us on our level two things are happening at the same time because of Brandon.
1. Gas prices and every thing else is way up.
2. Car count is down because of cost of everything hurting payout.

So that means many are not racing because of the economy- less cars lower payout which hurts it more.

I can afford to race that is not the problem. The problem is before it would cost say $200 to run for $1500 at a local bracket race. That was fair and mind you none of us win every week.
But now we may be spending $600 to race for $750 payout because car count is lower.

What if gas goes to $10 a gallon or more? So then it may cost you $800 to race for $400? What you going to do? We all love racing but we do not like to throw money away. That is for local races. What about races halfway across Country? Then instead of costing $500 in fuel for the trip would cost $2,500. I do not care who you are you are going to have to think is it worth it. That appears to be direction we are heading and Brandon has made it very clear he wants to put Gas, Oil and Coal companies out of business. Even if you are filthy rich you are going to think about it because most who got rich did not get that way by wasting money they got rich by saving and wise investing.

I have been very blessed that I have made money racing for over 10 years. That did not cover cost of the race car but for gas, alcohol, food, entry, hotel and everything else I made a little money at the end of the year.

As for Cruz he is the biggest cry baby out there and he is the only one I really do not like. I love it every time he loses.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4010 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I would add something else to that. "If you can not afford to race stay home"

Sponsors will do that to if they are not getting a good return on their investment. As car count and spectators go down so will sponsors. FACT.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4010 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
From a Pro burning sponsor money to race I’d say that’s pretty funny.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4497 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post