Notify
Tools

nissan trucks
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TORQIN:
The profits go across the water...you cant justify it to most...

Carry on.

Bingo! We have a winner.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4479 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1355PRO:
I went to E rated also. How much are you towing? and are you going to Piedmont? That's my plan depending on weather and if my buddy is going.

7k towing with an equalizer. Yes Piedmont only if the weather forecast is good.

Posts: 2447 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I'm with Boucher. I'd prefer to go to he!! and fluff pillows on the devils bed than drive a Jap (or German) vehicle.

OP, what specific "quality" concerns do you have with new Chevy(or Ford or Dodge/Ram) trucks? Have you seen these concerns first hand, or just read about them on the internet?

I used to be a people person, but people ruined that.

Posts: 225 | Location: Usually home | Registered: January 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
https://www.american.edu/kogod...OvUuTJQeMLSsuP1lYiB0

quote:
Made in America Auto Index
Research by Frank DuBois
What percentage of your vehicle's value contributes to the overall well-being of the U.S. economy and why does this information matter to you?

Kogod's Made in America Auto Index seeks to answer these questions by evaluating the domestic content of vehicles sold in the US. The index takes into account other aspects of vehicle manufacturing that are not accounted for in other measures.

GM Corvette ranks #1
Ford F150 ranks #3
Toyota Tundra ranks #14
GMC Sierra ranks #15
GM Tahoe, Suburban, Yukon ranks #18
Ford Navigator ranks #28
Fiat Chrysler Ram Rebel/Limited ranks #37
Chevy Silverdao ranks #41
Fiat Chrysler Ram Express ranks #48

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 738 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Boucher Jr
posted Hide Post
Take that made in America index and shove it. The Japs build their piles of shyt here to benefit themselves! Make the little fucs follow the same bullshyt UAW rules the American manufactures have to follow and see just what kind of quality standards and price points they end up with. You should be down right thankful and amazed that the big three can put the quality of truck on the road at the prices theyre selling them for compared to the zipper heads!

Posts: 236 | Location: Il. | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I have owned 2 GMC 3500 trucks. 2002 and a 2015
Ran the 2002 for 13 years, great truck still when we sold it in 2015 @ 130,000 miles.
Duramax/Allison

Bought the 2015, was an awesome truck. Sold it to get a motorhome. Looking for another new GMC now or near future.

The Duramax - Allison combo is hard to beat in that category.

It does not matter what the brand is, there will be people that get unlucky and have above average amount of issues.

Just my experience and opinion for what it is worth.

Posts: 235 | Location: Justin, TX | Registered: July 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of David Covey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TORQIN:
The profits go across the water...you cant justify it to most...

Carry on.

Right

"It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance." -Thomas Sowell

Posts: 3304 | Location: American By Birth Texan By The Grace Of God  | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post