New
Find
Notify
Tools

nissan trucks
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
I know this won't go over too well here, but has anyone used the Nissan Titan with the 5.6 gas engine for towing? I have always been a Chevy buyer, but I am not impressed with the quality. Where I tow there are lots of hills. thanks

Posts: 2 | Location: w.n.y. | Registered: January 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Boucher Jr
posted Hide Post

Posts: 236 | Location: Il. | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
^^^^^LMAO

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right. Here I am.......

Posts: 5304 | Location: stuck in the middle with you! | Registered: March 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
get the titan with the cummins engine and aisen transmission in it

Posts: 789 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
NISSANS quality has really went down hill over the years....IMO

Posts: 1258 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
TUNDRA

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1394 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of scarab1999
posted Hide Post
F a bunch of nissan...i agree with Boucher and have not forgotten Pearl Harbour

Posts: 97 | Location: troit | Registered: September 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
op :What Chevy's have you bought and what quality problems have you had?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6398 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Boucher Jr:

Well said as usual...

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Another vote for Tundra. most of them built in Texas using American parts and labor. My Toyota has over 350k on in with original drive train and I would still tow anywhere.

Posts: 46 | Location: in the lab | Registered: May 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
The profits go across the water...you cant justify it to most...

Carry on.

Posts: 1751 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:

The auto industry has to be the original global industry. If you think Ford or Govt. Motors has Americas best interest at heart you are dreaming. It's profit when ever and where ever. I buy what I consider the best vehicle I want at the time I'm purchasing.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
So if I buy a new 6.7 Ram Cummins truck where do the profits go?

Posts: 519 | Location: Southeast | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Untill they build a real truck, 2500 or 3500 i'll stick with one of the big three.

Posts: 337 | Location: up on the wheel | Registered: March 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Agreed. but don't forget there plants and dealerships provide jobs and good incomes for thousands of American families.

Posts: 46 | Location: in the lab | Registered: May 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Boucher Jr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TORQIN:

Carry on.

Now would be a great time for a union rant. Unfortunatley it will have to wait as I dont have time for lunch much less a proper rant.

Posts: 236 | Location: Il. | Registered: December 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
https://www.cars.com/articles/...-2018-1420700348293/

Fiat Chrysler Automobiles
Ram 1500: Warren, Mich., for extended and crew cabs only; regular cabs are imported

Ford
Ford F-150: Claycomo, Mo., and Dearborn, Mich.
Ford F-Series Super Duty: Louisville, Ky., and Avon Lake, Ohio

GM
Chevrolet Silverado 1500: Roanoke, Ind., and Flint, Mich.; some are imported
Chevrolet Silverado HD: Roanoke, Ind., and Flint, Mich.

Nissan
Nissan Titan: Canton, Miss.
Nissan Titan XD: Canton, Miss.

Toyota
Toyota Tundra: San Antonio

https://www.cars.com/articles/...n-car-1420700348632/

A 2015 study by the Center for Automotive Research found the U.S. auto industry directly employed some 322,000 at the time. But two larger workforces sprang out from that: 521,000 people building auto parts and 710,000 people working at new-car dealerships, according to CAR's study. Think of it this way: For every 20 people employed in the auto industry, four of them work at the automaker itself, but about seven work in auto-parts manufacturing. And the biggest group — nine — are employed at new-car dealerships.

Of course, that doesn't include independent mechanics and body shops, auto-parts stores, gas stations and much more. Such is the domino effect of building vehicles: CAR estimated in 2015 that every direct U.S. employee at an automaker generated 6.6 additional jobs.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Which is better, a US car manufacturer that builds them in other countries or a foreign manufacturers that invests here and supports american workers and their families?

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 739 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
I have to say after selling my 07 5.9 2500 Ram and going to a 17 Ram with a Hemi and 3.92 gear I am pretty impressed with the towing ability. I added airbags and bump stops.

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^ X2 , I have a 2011 1500 Hemi /3.92/ with 17” e-rated tires and towed Fancy Gap without any problems. Might be going that way again in 2 weeks if the weather cooperates.

Towed 980 miles in 17 hrs this past Sunday and Rams rear coil springs are very smooth riding loaded or unloaded

Posts: 2456 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
^^^^^^^^^^ X2 , I have a 2011 1500 Hemi /3.92/ with 17” e-rated tires and towed Fancy Gap without any problems. Might be going that way again in 2 weeks if the weather cooperates.

Towed 980 miles in 17 hrs this past Sunday and Rams rear coil springs are very smooth riding loaded or unloaded

I went to E rated also. How much are you towing? and are you going to Piedmont? That's my plan depending on weather and if my buddy is going.

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post