New
Find
Notify
Tools

Digital Time Slips
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
Im liking the new Digital Time Slips at certain tracks. Supposedly you get weather info and can listen to announcer also. Anyone here actually use them yet?

Posts: 232 | Location: On the top of a bus! | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
Yes we used them last weekend at Tulsa. Worked well. Goes by car number not class. No hiding anything from anyone, pretty cool for watching the races, gives you real time info. Dynogeeks.com is the app. Texas motorplex Is also using it.
Of course the track has to have good cell service for it to work.

Weather is based on nearest airport

Posts: 2426 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
So you can pretty much go and see all the time slips for our opponent while sitting in the lanes as long as you know his car number.

Posts: 232 | Location: On the top of a bus! | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Don Higgins Crew Chief Pro Software
posted Hide Post
This is very similar to 1320go and the old iCard system.

I love this stuff, so I contacted them about automating with Crew Chief Pro as well. It would be nice if the information from your run loaded into Crew Chief Pro with minimal work on the customer's part. More importantly it would eliminate data entry errors.

Crew Chief Pro 7.980. It is not an evolution in Crew Chief Software, it is a Revolution in Crew Chief Software
Drag Racing Software and Professional Weather Stations(309) 688-2990

Visit us on the web at http://www.crewchiefpro.com

Are you a Producer or a Parasite?

Author of the book, "But Who Will Save The Children."

Posts: 1381 | Location: Bartonville Illinois | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SmokinChicken:
So you can pretty much go and see all the time slips for our opponent while sitting in the lanes as long as you know his car number.

Yes you can.
It strictly goes by car number at this time, so if you are doubled in top and bottom bulb its up to you to sort out which is which

Posts: 2426 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
10 years from now you'll be able to see your time slip in your head, if you have Elon Musks neurolink processors surgically implanted in your brain.

I'm sure some bird brain will do it to intregate themself with AI.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SmokinChicken:

Been using 1320go for years, but is not always turned on! Not many tracks in SW have it!

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Can you access the weather that they give you before your next run? I would hate to use theirs for run recording and turn around and use my own for predicting. That's not going to work well.

I have not see the 1320 go deal. But we attended a sectional track meet where they had a service come in with a trailer. Times were automatically uploaded to spreadsheets on the internet. Number of earned points and state qualifying times etc. Man was that slick! You could see who was in upcoming heats too.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6405 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:
10 years from now you'll be able to see your time slip in your head, if you have Elon Musks neurolink processors surgically implanted in your brain.

Maybe sooner than that.For those folks signing up for the Coronavirus vaccine,you will be given a chip that will tell you everything you ever wanted to know.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rietow:

Maybe sooner than that.For those folks signing up for the Coronavirus vaccine,you will be given a chip that will tell you everything you ever wanted to know.

Hmmmm, possibly. On the other hand there will also be quite a few modern day Robbinhood's operating the black market. Street racing, no digital timeslips in our heads.

Mad Max triple chrome plated steel bumpers FTW!

It's a madhouse! > America

https://youtu.be/ORYeVuKYUrI

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Isn't there a politics thread for this crap! It has nothing to do with digital timeslips!

Posts: 152 | Location: St.Louis | Registered: May 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post