New
Find
Notify
Tools

Crossville Dragway
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
There looks to be a decent race in March at Crossville Dragway by Flat Bill promotions

I am looking for some feedback either here or through PM on the facility. I am not familiar with the track. Is the track difficult to access with a bigger rig? How is parking? I believe the track took on new ownership not too long ago and has had many renovations

Thank you

Posts: 783 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
You can see the track right off of I-40. There is plenty of room for a big rig in the pits. As you turn in you pit in the parking lot where the entrance is which is across the creek from the actual track.

Posts: 1447 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Been there twice last year, raced top bulb once, watched it rain the other time.

Beautiful facility. You could be 100’ long and not have any trouble getting into the pits. I don’t think they have ever had a huge turnout there, though, seems like they could run out of space at a really big race.

Shutdown is shortish and the bridge to get to/from the track is a little different but overall it’s the nicest facility around. I hope they get good support this year. We will show up when we can.

Posts: 928 | Location: my own little world | Registered: July 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
How short is the shut down area? Can you stop a 4.50 dragster?

What do you mean by “weird bridge area”

Posts: 783 | Location: Georgia | Registered: May 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
There's 4.50 dragsters that run there. The shutdown was a little rough but I believe they redid all of that this past year. I didn't get a chance to go there this past season and I have a slow car.

Posts: 1447 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by racerdude2054:

The day I watched it rain I had the Firebird in the trailer set up to run 4.40. Probably wasn’t going through the lights with the blades open though.

The track and pits are on opposite sides of a creek. Can cause a little traffic jam coming back from a pass. No big deal, just different.

Shutdown was smooth as glass from what I remember when I took the dragster there.

Posts: 928 | Location: my own little world | Registered: July 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
Every track has it's oddities. There is a creek that runs parallel to the track. In order to expand the track and the parking they made the pits on the other side of the track across the creek. If it's a big race and a lot of cars you'll have cars going to the lanes at the same time you have cars returning from making a run. The staging lanes are to the left when you cross the bridge and the returning cars are coming from the right. Common sense courtesy and slow speeds would have no problems.

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by racerdude2054:

YES!!! with no problem. 1450ft to the turn off. I have personally went 4.50's there before in a hardtail car and 4.60's just this year in a 4 link car.

Has a 2 lane bridge that connects the upper and lower pits together. Never been an issue when i've been there.

Posts: 25 | Location: K-Town | Registered: June 22, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
1450??

My brakes must have been worse than I thought. Felt closer to 950 to me.