DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Roger Rhodes Memorial Race
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Roger Rhodes Memorial Race
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
Wayne County Dragstrip (Pikeville NC) is going to be having a memorial race for Roger Rhodes this Saturday. Many who read and post here remember Roger quite well. I would copy and paste some details from Facebook, but apparently they take up too much space here.

This is their Facebook page, I think you can see everything there (Fern), even without joining Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/Wayne...rip-211453002677608/

Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1231 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
wont let me look Tom.Roger was a good friend but I will be in Baltimore with Daughter thats having surgery.

Posts: 6213 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Not even a close call, Fern. Best wishes for your daughter. Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1231 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Rob7181
posted Hide Post
Fern/Tom,

If you don’t mind me asking what happened to Roger. Last I saw him, he was retiring from teaching and planing to race more.

Thanks,

Rob Robertson

Posts: 961 | Location: Welcome, MD | Registered: December 06, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Cancer. Awful disease. Daughter just had reconstruct surgery today.

Posts: 6213 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
25$ entry for a shot at 1500$.this was a great race with a record turnout for this track. close to 70 entrys with no doubles

Posts: 94 | Location: goldsboro,nc | Registered: January 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Thank goodness he made the spectators all park on the spectator side. Had to have been a record number over there, too. They were parked three deep! Take care. Tom Worthington

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
That's great to hear. Roger was a nice man and a great competitor.

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5733 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Couldn't say enough good about Roger. We had some good times. I remember once Richard Alford, Roger, and I arrived in Bristol about 4am and ended up in a flea bag hotel. I woke up next morning with a tick right on my forehead. He!! he even found me parts for my John Deere tractor once. Darn good person.