DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    For Those Of You That Stream TV..............
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

For Those Of You That Stream TV..............
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted
I am using a Roku device and Hulu for a streaming service.

The Roku works fine and my internet speed is over 100mbps, so plenty fast.

The issues I have is I believe with the Hulu service. Without going into detail, it works wonky, especially on recorded programs. Also I will watch several college football games live, switching back and forth a lot. At some point while doing so when you switch games, it will go back to the start of the game, with no way to get back to live other than exiting Hulu and starting over, very frustrating......

What streaming services are you guys using and how do you like it? I want opinions before switching to another service and have problems with it too.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3099 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of head gamez
posted Hide Post
We have used YouTubeTV for several years now and really like it. I have no issues using it all over the country for work while the family uses it at home or at the beach house at the same time.

It has plenty of channels for us, and the unlimited DVR works well.

I have not tried any of the other "streaming cable" services other than the free Spectrum that our community at the beach gets. Youtube beats it for sure.

Edit to add....
We run it on several TVs with Roku+ devices or Roku TVs. We do have a TV on the back porch using the Google TV (I think that is what it is called), and the interface on it is much better for all Apps than Roku. Roku is rock solid though.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: head gamez,

Mikey

Posts: 1708 | Location: In a Marriott near you! | Registered: February 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
We use Sling tv for live tv. I have used it for over 5 years. Most of the time it is trouble free. Occasionally it crashes the app and has to restart but not enough where it's a problem. It does happen though. I think the same could be said for any application though. I recommend it. Pick your plan and add on channels and go. Plus it's cheaper than hulu.

Posts: 97 | Location: Ohio | Registered: October 06, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
We use Roku/sling
In the shop particularly if there is a vehicle parked in the line of sight to house the internet isn’t perfect. Other than that pretty good

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6405 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
I've been using Youtube TV through a Roku for a few years. I even use it in my motothome.

Posts: 633 | Location: Rochester, WA | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of TPaton
posted Hide Post
Not to high Jack this thread, but can you get your local channels with roku? I just started looking at streaming vs ditching my dish.

Posts: 105 | Location: PA | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Yes. Roku is the streaming device, Hulu, youtube, sling are streaming services

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

Posts: 3099 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of head gamez
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TPaton:
Not to high Jack this thread, but can you get your local channels with roku? I just started looking at streaming vs ditching my dish.

With Roku, I don’t think so. Roku is a device that allows you to stream.

With YouTubeTV you can. Im sure you can with sling and others, but I’ve never tried them so I don’t know.

Mikey

Posts: 1708 | Location: In a Marriott near you! | Registered: February 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
The Roku device by itself does nothing, it allows you to stream with the service like Hulu or YouTube etc, you can't stream without a Roku or fire stick or a device like that.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TPaton:

Most people don’t need a streaming service to watch local broadcast networks such as ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC and PBS and dozens of sub-channels.

You can watch the most popular TV shows on local broadcast channels for free using a TV antenna.

It’s surprising how few people are aware that the coax port in the back of TVs isn’t just for a cable box. It doubles as the port for a TV antenna.

This article explains how to watch local broadcast channels without a cable TV or satellite service.

https://cordcuttingreport.com/...nnels-without-cable/

That article maybe some help.

Smile

Posts: 2963 | Location: Boon Docks, FL | Registered: March 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post