DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Don't look now Bubba,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Don't look now Bubba,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 68TSCAMARO:
There is no integrity in nascrap . The token black guy will win just like Petty did in his last race ...on a fix .

was that his 200th win.If so it was 1984 and got me a 99 on debate in english class. Hell who knew you could get grade for arguing?

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4176 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
You mean NASCAR is like the WWF or is it WWE? Just a show and the promoters pick the winners? Then Bubba will win one for sure.

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
I think they had handed him the win at Talledega and then they let him run out of fuel. They used to give the wins to Jr at the super speedways, because they controlled the restrictions.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Richard Hammond
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Roger McGinnis:
I think they had handed him the win at Talledega and then they let him run out of fuel. They used to give the wins to Jr at the super speedways, because they controlled the restrictions.

So how do they control who ends up in the big crashes that they have?

Posts: 433 | Location: miami | Registered: September 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Richard Hammond:

So how do they control who ends up in the big crashes that they have?

Another variable that they can't control. But you can look back and see that Jr either crashed or won restrictor plate races.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Hotrod Corvette
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 68TSCAMARO:
There is no integrity in nascrap . The token black guy will win just like Petty did in his last race ...on a fix .

Where do you get your facts???

The King's last race win was the Firecracker 400 in 1984 for his 200th win.

He retired in 1992.

Don't let the truth bother you...

Burt

I'm So Proud To Be An American And Not A Democrat...

Posts: 1219 | Location: Clinton Township, MI | Registered: September 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
I was there at Daytona in July 1984 when Petty beat Cale Yarborough for win #200. I also saw president Reagan that day.

I was also there for Petty's last race, in Atlanta 1992 (also Jeff Gordon's first race). Alan Kulwicki won the championship that day, beating Bill Elliot and Dave Allison.

Stock car racing used to be really cool. But times have changed...….

Mike

Posts: 1562 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Watching cars go up and down I-95 here in south Florida is more exciting than NASCAR is today.

Posts: 700 | Location: At the beach | Registered: August 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
You've got your own race team.

Posts: 518 | Location: Southeast | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Wake up America. Bubba and Michael Jordan are starting a new team. Bubba used up Petty then dumped him and moved on. Maybe Petty will have sense enough to remove that BLM bs from his cars now. NASCAR is just like NHRA, running on empty.

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post