DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Don't look now Bubba,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Don't look now Bubba,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted
there's a snake on the floor.

Nope, just a set of jumper cables.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
not smart enough to know the difference between a garage door pull rope and a noose. what a oh poor me idiot...

Posts: 329 | Location: observing the mayhem | Registered: December 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I would actually blame Nascar more than Bubba Smollett.
The series is dying,they are losing their most loyal fan base,so they were desperate to try something to create drama to get their ratings up.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tim Mitchell:
not smart enough to know the difference between a garage door pull rope and a noose. what a oh poor me idiot...

What i read is Wallace never even saw the so called noose. 14 F.B.I agents showed up to investigate.

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1401 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RacerVX54:

What i read is Wallace never even saw the so called noose. 14 F.B.I agents showed up to investigate.

Just when I was ready to give up on the FBI, they save the day. I hope they give as much time crawfishing the racists claims as they did making them. I call bull**** that bubba never saw it. Him and Helton were probably figuring out a way to market it. Bubba will still make Millions from it.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Roger McGinnis:
quote:

Just when I was ready to give up on the FBI, they save the day. I hope they give as much time crawfishing the racists claims as they did making them. I call bull**** that bubba never saw it. Him and Helton were probably figuring out a way to market it. Bubba will still make Millions from it.

Just telling you what i read.. A crew member supposedly report/found.

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1401 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

That is what I am reading as well. Does it surprise anyone that in these weird times a white person would pick this up and blow it out of reality? Blacks are getting used by the democrats. By blm. And now by NASCAR. Frankly, most of what is being stirred up today has no black involvement, and certainly no black leadership. The blacks I know are dumbfounded by what is going on today.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6407 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
Just like the BS story about the NYCPD having their milkshakes with bleach in them.

Posts: 1462 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
This is a SAD world we live in … media just loves story's about how this is so unfair

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Richard Hammond
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
quote:
quote:
quote:

That is what I am reading as well. Does it surprise anyone that in these weird times a white person would pick this up and blow it out of reality? Blacks are getting used by the democrats. By blm. And now by NASCAR. Frankly, most of what is being stirred up today has no black involvement, and certainly no black leadership. The blacks I know are dumbfounded by what is going on today.

You can add one more black person to that list of being dumbfounded. What the he11 is wrong with people today? I was watching NASCAR racehub on fox sports yesterday. The lead story was that the FBI concluded that there was no hate crime. Turns out it was a loop knot for the roll up door. But every time they mentioned it they kept calling it a noose. I can’t stand any type of media.

Posts: 434 | Location: miami | Registered: September 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
bubba was just on the morning news and said quote " it was a straight up noose". who knows they never showed the offensive rope.

Posts: 329 | Location: observing the mayhem | Registered: December 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Yea a door rope in now a noose. Kids can't(not that they would now days) play hangman. All because its offensive to somebody somewhere.

You are supposedly bad if you choose not to be around someone because of race,religion or sexual choice. Ironic part is they telling you how bad you are for it are too stupid to realize they just did same thing but with a holly-er than tho attitude .

Get the he11 over it.Have enough balls to say fuk you and gone on if it offends you.

UNITED STATES OF THE OFFENDED!

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Eman:
Just like the BS story about the NYCPD having their milkshakes with bleach in them.

What ever happened with that? I heard it once on the news and it disappeared.

On second look:
https://ny.eater.com/2020/6/16...fficers-hospitalized

So cleaner was in the drinks, but it was not assumed to be intentional because they are cops? I have to wonder if the tables were turned here what the sentiment would be and how the media would cover it.

I asked a contractor of ours yesterday who is a black man what he thinks of all this that is going on. He said it's insanity. He is an HVAC fella and he's pretty much killing it. Union job. Nice house and family and toys parked in the driveway including a big 5th wheel camper. He grew up in a poor family. How can this be? He came right out and said it is a city problem, and gangs are a big part of it. He also said the lack of folks who believe in God and go to any sort of church ever is a big factor.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6407 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Just saw the guy on CBS This Morning.
He is still running with the hoax.I would have thought that he would have admitted that it was simply a garage door pull and had a little chuckle,but NO.
Still trying to make an issue out of nothing.Unbelievable.Or maybe he has never pulled a garage door down before in his life?
Now he will probably get a garage door company sponsoring him.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
As for the NYPD it was all BS. They placed the orders, 2 separate orders through an app so no one knew the orders were placed by cops. The cops tasted the drinks and they tasted bad so they threw them away. They said something to management and they made it right. When they told their superiors they went nuts and had them taken to the hospital. none had any problems.
As for the Bubba deal it sounds like he never saw the rope, it was his (Richard Petty's) team that saw and reported it. If you don't think someone tied a noose knot in a garage rope pull in AL you're pretty naive. I'd say they've been there since they had garage door rope pulls.
https://www.thecut.com/2020/06...and-shake-shack.html

Then of course with the Bubba deal there were the it was a serpentine belt rumors. I guess it all depends on what you want to believe.

Posts: 1462 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:
He is still running with the hoax.I would have thought that he would have admitted that it was simply a garage door pull and had a little chuckle,but NO.
Still trying to make an issue out of nothing.Unbelievable.Or maybe he has never pulled a garage door down before in his life?

He's stuck in the story now. Too embarrassing to escape it I suppose.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Richard Hammond
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:

P
He's stuck in the story now. Too embarrassing to escape it I suppose.

A simple post on Facebook or Twitter with an I’m sorry I made a stupid mistake would go a long way with a lot of people.

Posts: 434 | Location: miami | Registered: September 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Richard Hammond:

A simple post on Facebook or Twitter with an I’m sorry I made a stupid mistake would go a long way with a lot of people.

NASCAR owes everyone the apology. Bubba didn't see it or report it until it was brought to his attention by NASCAR. Now, hes just riding the media wave the same any other driver in the sport today would do.

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 741 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
from 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...3nbA80bl5zjaHhMLQ6pk

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
A little media coverage helps him, Its not like he is a top 10 finisher every week. Think about it.

Posts: 337 | Location: up on the wheel | Registered: March 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post