New
Find
Notify
Tools

Maple Grove 2018
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
Would anyone care to talk about what they heard at the racers meeting? Looks like some positive changes on the web site.

Posts: 35 | Location: new jersey | Registered: January 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of HS professor
posted Hide Post
Heard $40 for a guaranteed $1500 to win in pro and super, that's all I need to hear Razz

We plan on running Atco points but will make every maple grove we can ..........

Posts: 1422 | Location: Monroe twp nj | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
They gave Rob Keister and his .90 Series the boot without even having a discussion with him........

Is this a last-ditch effort by MG to stay open? I would rather see them make $ and stay open as a drag rage facility than see it become another E-Town if that's where they are headed...

Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Maple Grove has a history of piss poor management on every level, poor track prep, weeping track, not finishing races and have been known as drama dragway for many, many years. Don't matter to me, I don't race there and never have other than the bracket finals. Many of their racers have left over the past 10 years and now call Numidia Dragway, HOME OF THE GUARANTEED PAYOUT, their home track.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 27Keith
posted Hide Post
Who is managing, or running the track this season ?

4 X Track Champion ( 2 & 2 )
2 X Run off Winner

Posts: 2084 | Location: out there | Registered: March 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Mr498
posted Hide Post
quote:

Bill Bader jr.

Posts: 81 | Location: at the track, pa | Registered: October 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Who’s Bill Bader Jr???

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of diceman1530
posted Hide Post
Family has Norwalk
Summit raceway now.
Very racer friendly people!!
Hope he brings ice cream, if you have ever been to Norwalk you know what I mean.

Working for the Weekend!!!!
Fordyce Motorsports

Posts: 253 | Location: Williamstown, NJ | Registered: November 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Are they still running quarter mile? I see summit motorsports park has similar purse but they run eighth mile.
Didn't see anything about buybacks?

Posts: 35 | Location: new jersey | Registered: January 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
If they let Billy run it his way I think they will pack the place.

Posts: 41 | Location: east central ohio | Registered: October 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I'm happy they are guaranteeing paying 12.50 index. Will make me want to run that series now.

Posts: 593 | Location: West Chester, PA | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
5000 for points champion in pro and super paying 10 spots 500 for tenth.

Posts: 4 | Location: Pa. | Registered: January 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I can't hate on 1500$ for 40$. Some tracks charge that for test and tune now.

Posts: 66 | Location: Glen Burnie | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by diceman1530:
Family has Norwalk
Summit raceway now.
Very racer friendly people!!
Hope he brings ice cream, if you have ever been to Norwalk you know what I mean.

Oh that Bill Bader Jr. clapping

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by top189h:
I can't hate on 1500$ for 40$. Some tracks charge that for test and tune now.

That would be the cheapest test day by far around here.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3160 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of bracketracer-78
posted Hide Post
I was at the drivers meeting. It was very positive. The leaches that were there are gone. Bader really wants to turn the track around and bring back the racers and there families. All purses are guaranteed and the round money starts first round. Everything Bader said he was going to do at the meeting happened when he said it was going to happen so far.He has his work cut out after the previous management almost ran the place into the ground. Also Friday nights are $15 to watch or race.

Posts: 141 | Location: Stevens, PA | Registered: April 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of bracketracer-78
posted Hide Post
Also, Bader stuck his neck out at the meeting and gave out his cell number to everyone in attendance. If you have any issues he wants people to call him directly, not complain on social media.

Posts: 141 | Location: Stevens, PA | Registered: April 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Maple Grove has a history of piss poor management on every level,

Which really means you got your rear end kicked there 1st round just like every other track.

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Rob Keister
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mike Beck:
They gave Rob Keister and his .90 Series the boot without even having a discussion with him........

Unfortunately, it's maybe a hobby for mostly all of us but, it's a business for others. Mr Bader was brought in to work on stuff that was failing or not making money. I spoke with him at length twice and he has flat out said "The schedule needed some work". Now being March did I wish he waiting till 2019 to do so, sure but, thats not what Maple Grove hired him to do. What hurt us the most was the lack of us not being there on a regular basis (I think out of the past 3 years, out of 4 events scheduled, we only got 2 in due to weather and really LONG RUN PROGRAMS) to see the amount of cars we bring through the gate to intermingle with the bracket cars and none of the gate & crew fees are kicked back to us, it's all track taken in. Being there the weekend before the Lucas Race would have helped out a lot since before Jason left were were going to be able to leave our trailers there. How it all got handled wasn't my decision but, we move on. Getting Text messages at 5:30am while on the way to work asking....what the heck happened to our date isn't fun especially when you don't have any answers to give to them and your blindsided. Luckily Atco saw the post and 5 minutes after the Facebook post hit they came out they jumped at hosting us for another weekend. I wish Maple Grove all the best in 2018 and hope all the series they are putting together will work out and get supported from the racers, I think Bader will turn it into something better then it was but, in the long run it needs to be supported because we really don't need another track closing.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Rob Keister,

Posts: 59 | Location: Vineland, NJ | Registered: February 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I grew up at Maple Grove during what I would call "the good years."

As much time as I spent there and as many passes as I made there, I feel somewhat vested in this topic. I also have had the "Norwalk Experience" my first year racing out here in the midwest.

Here's my take (for what it's worth). I'm playing Devil's advocate here. Will it be an improvement? YES. Will it bring everyone back that left? HELL NO!

Here's why I would consider other tracks over the 'new and improved' MGR.

I lost second round at Norwalk at 12:52 am. Granted there are more cars than the Grove, there aren't more cars than Maple Grove used to get on a regular basis in the early 2000's. If you don't have a motorhome, that makes for a pretty terrible experience in my opinion. How will Maple Grove work around the curfew that doesn't exsist in Norwalk's model.

Let's talk about round money. Everyone wants to assume they're going to win every race they go to (at least those of us that have read anything on TIBR) the reality is that we won't, and when we don't (especially at 1:00am and we started timeruns at noon) we want to make sure that towing our stuff there was worth it. At 64 cars which they havent gotten in super pro probably since 2008 or 2009, you're getting $15 for losing 3rd round and 4th round is a quarter final payout of $125.
Let's compare this to the "old way." Prior to recent times when the car counts were 'acceptable' to the management, 64 cars would illicit a $2k to win purse with $60 round money. I believe the entry was $60 or $70. The runner up and semi money was good with no 1/4 final 'purse' but the round money would've put you right there anyway at 64 cars.

so my long-winded point is that they've been long overdue for a guaranteed payout, but I don't really see how this is an improvement once the car count rises. You can tow 45 extra minutes at race for $2k at Numidia with buybacks. Which aren't everyone's thing, but neither is $15 round money after 5 passes on the car.

Again I don't really have a horse in the race, but I'm just concerned once people realize this, things will be the same they were, and I don't want to see this place fail.

Posts: 2 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 08, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post