DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    LIVE Coverage of the Numidia 150
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LIVE Coverage of the Numidia 150
 Login/Join

DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted

Posts: 2100 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
Are they running 800 ft.? and nice track too. Looks like a nice piece of real country.

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
said 1000ft on the flyer

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted Hide Post
Fern why not 660 ft. Would save a lot of time between rounds right? I have never ran a 1000 ft in my life.

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 369dragster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Footloose:
Fern why not 660 ft. Would save a lot of time between rounds right? I have never ran a 1000 ft in my life.

I really liked the 1000’ racing,there were only 150 cars so no real need to speed things up. Everyone up here runs quarter mile,so the 1000’ is just a good compromise for people that run both.

Ken

Posts: 319 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I watched it but didn't care for it. The numbers are goofy....

Posts: 305 | Location: Portland OR | Registered: December 10, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Footloose:

They would likely use the same turnoff, so there would be no time savings. The northeast is still primarily 1/4-mile. Running 1000' is a compromise between 1/8th and 1/4. I've run 1000' at both the World Footbrake Challenge (they had a 1000' shootout race), and at the Spring Fling, which was 1000' in the early years. It's a very different look, with handicap starts closer like 1/8th mile, but speed differentials more like 1/4 mile. Best of both worlds in my opinion. Not too long, not too short.

quote:
The numbers are goofy....

The 1000' numbers are the same as the 1000' numbers anywhere else.

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5727 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
pretty sure 1000' deal is to equalize between those who run 1/8 and those who run 1/4. Suppose to give everyone alittle of curve ball.IMO the guys running 1/4 normally have little advantage of knowing what there cars run at 1000', well if their tracks give 1000' numbers on 1/4 mile track.

Most I have ever heard talk about it liked it.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4170 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wideopen231:
IMO the guys running 1/4 normally have little advantage of knowing what there cars run at 1000', well if their tracks give 1000' numbers on 1/4 mile track.

What? Make one pass, look at the slip. OK, now you're even!

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3148 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I’ve raced at Tracks that ranged from 300 feet (Reading, Pa. Fairgrounds and Vineland, New Jersey in the 1950’s and 1960’s) to 2640 feet at Riverside Raceway in the mid ‘60’s. A race is a race, just carry the right gear and have fun.

At Vineland we raced down the front straight on the paved Circle Track from turn one OVER the banked turn four berm into the pit area. That was a ride!

Bob

Posts: 3075 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post