DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Wanting an American Bulldog:
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wanting an American Bulldog:
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Footloose
posted
I have had boxers and they were great. I want a larger protection dog for my mom. Anyone have good luck with one? It will be nueturd and all. She had an Akita but no luck finding one say 120 miles from home. With my schedule as of now I am on 24 hr. a day call 7 days a week.Home health care is rough even more when its your mom to take care of. And I don;t regret 1 min of it.I am good at it and have done it for about 16 yrs. My mom and dad helped many sad people in there lifes. There is no money pay but seeing them smile and laugh is worth millions. God is good.

Posts: 1921 | Location: in a van down buy the river | Registered: September 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
if you need a dog for protection, you chose live in a shythole

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Labs are really good all around dogs. They're friendly, smart, easy to train, but are also know who belongs around the area. My 2 year old female is probably the best one I've had thus far.

Her mom and dad were both duck hunters, and I already had her trained to sit and stay by 11 weeks old.

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Paul S/Q
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Holytown:
Labs are really good all around dogs. They're friendly, smart, easy to train, but are also know who belongs around the area.

I breed Labs , have off/on for about 10 years ...although they are VERY intelligent , and what I would consider to be the best family dog out there . I wouldn't want to depend on one for security purposes . Although they bark when strangers come around , being mean to someone really isn't in their nature , unless they were trained to be that way ... as I sit here with a chocolate, a yellow and a black lab laying around my chair ...and 10 pups to go feed in a minute ..lol

Posts: 784 | Location: hopefully pickin up a check in the winners circle | Registered: November 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:

Ed, you don't need to "live in a shyhole to have protection."

One night about 3 a.m. a young lady was knocking on our door on the intercom she told me she broke down and asked if she could come in and call a friend for help.

Right away I was suspicious because we live on a little over and acre and she would have to walk pass 5 other homes to get to our home.

Now with the intercom on I told my husband to get the dogs, 2 German Shepherds, which she saw getting crazy at the window.

Then my husband got his gun and **** near the intercom so she could hear it.

Needless to say, she flew down the walkway to a car that drove away.

A friend of ours, a Sheriff Detective, told us that the person outside was the one she would have called to rob us.

The Bulldog in this video did not do to good...

German Shepherds and Rottweilers seem to be good for protection...

Smile

Posts: 2963 | Location: Boon Docks, FL | Registered: March 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I’ve had two….great dogs but need to come from reputable breeder….MY next dog will be a CANE CORSO

Posts: 1258 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WHOMPWHOMP:
I’ve had two….great dogs but need to come from reputable breeder….MY next dog will be a CANE CORSO
An while I’m typing this she is trying to bust the window out to get a the guy that sprays my yard

Posts: 1258 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Get a Cane Corso

Posts: 1625 | Location: UsA | Registered: October 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Not all Cane Corsos are alike!

I worked at a property daily for months that had two CCs.

One would want to kill anyone he didn't know until he accepted you.

The other one was the complete opposite, would come up to anyone and show affection and wouldn't leave your side.

A friend's mother has a Jack terrier that I stay away from! Dog is a terror and protects her from anyone getting to close to her.

I can't see a downside to having a dog no matter where you live. Just the companionship is worth it. I had three dogs at one time. It wasn't easy but definitely worth it. Two pit mixes and lab mix. Pet Smart loved me!

Don't know the situation but get a dog that fits the situation. Yard, walking, cleaning up

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Trans Lady:
quote:

Ed, you don't need to "live in a shyhole to have protection."

you live in Florida, much of which is a shyt hole

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:

Definitely has to mean a lot coming from the expert in shyt holes....living in NJ and working in NYC....

Posts: 714 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
says the puss y living in bumfuc

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
iving in bumfuc

Yep...bumfuc right where all your citiot buddies want to move or have a second home.

I'm looking @ the Shawangunk ridge right now, can see the Mohonk lookout tower. Perhaps you've heard of it. Maybe you've even taken your old lady to the Mohonk Mountain House for a night to try to get lucky. Big Grin

Meanwhile, you're in your development with no shop for a race car.

Posts: 714 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
my Manhattan condo I purchased in the 90s TRUMPS your shop in bum fuc Laughing very hard

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Most breeds will do what you're asking; Bark when someone unfamiliar is near.

Getting an aggressive dog for a very small chance of attack is not worth the increased risk and liability.

Posts: 290 | Location: Midwest  | Registered: January 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
my Manhattan condo I purchased

I guess that’s cool if you’re into shyt holes with lots of people around.

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 183N:
quote:

Definitely has to mean a lot coming from the expert in shyt holes....living in NJ and working in NYC....

LOL & you triggered the mental giant!

2BKING Laughing very hard

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2546 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post