Find
Notify
Tools

Kaufman trailers?
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted
Kaufamn trailers out of Denton NC. About 40 miles away and just found them on net.

Anyone have experience with them. Probably should have asked earlier because looks like pulling trigger on one tomorrow or Tuesday.

Went there yesterday. Very nice looking trailers,good price,easy to work with on custom stuff.

Looking at 32' with screw lees siding,torsion axles, round cast front corners with ss radius corners, not finiushed inside(can do like I want),aluminum wheels and fw other things .Under 10k. I think good price. Also 3 year warranty,not sure what it covers yet.

INPUT?

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4170 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
i have always thought they where one of the best out there for equipment trailers, followed up by big tex, PJ, etc......... never knew they made enclosed would have to be a decent quality if they are building them.

your not far from pro line trailer in boones mill vi, did you check theres out ?

Posts: 691 | Location: tower city pa | Registered: December 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Just found them on the net? I told you about them a year and a half ago.

Posts: 518 | Location: Southeast | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
yea well when things go south you forget stuff.I feel like I should be looking at penguins lately.LOL

Pulled trigger today and build should take about 3 weeks. I have a lot to do after its here but nothing that will stop me from hitting track and testing my stuff out. Maybe find out if I knew what I was doing during this over extended build or I need to figure what went left(hopefully not car @ half track) and what to fix. Plus in three weeks it will still be hot but heading to cooler weather a HUGE plus if you are me.

Posts: 4170 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
You getting AC?

Posts: 518 | Location: Southeast | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
It is framed for two AC's.Answer is yes just not yet.

Inside is unfinished.Allows me to insulate and finish walls. I have deal on aluminum sheeting at 18 bucks per sheet,white. Good thing about having one of country's biggest salvage company's about 15 miles away.D-H Griffin they cleaned up twin towers or part of it and they went from big to damn HUGE as did Shamrock who cleaned up Anthrax stuff in Washington at same time.

If figure little work and save few thousand is decent trade off. I have to wire it also and get cabinets later on or build.Same junk yard has tons of aluminum extrusions and think they have stuff needed for cabinets. Headed there tomorrow with shopping list.

Picking up generator today and have decent size compressor sitting here that needs little TLC but price is right $0.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
If and when you plumb it, you can use the Encore wire 10/2. Rated for 30 Amps for the future AC addition.3 beers and it will be done with the service box.I was creative and had the room to install this right in the generator box compartment. I only cool 1/4 of the trailer. I have a partition with a curtain rod. lol

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TD3550,

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of 67TSCHEVY2
posted Hide Post
I have had several of their gooseneck car trailers and never had a issue .

Posts: 1234 | Location: middle georgia | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post