DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Anyone notice the payout for runner up and down on Norwalk race?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone notice the payout for runner up and down on Norwalk race?
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Richard Hammond:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Beck:
quote:
That's the way all of the big money races should be paid. Since most people want to split. Why not spread it out for everyone and eliminate the problems in the later rounds.

If you watch Professional Tennis, they pay the same way. Heck, if you qualify for a Major, the min you get paid is usually $75K to lose first round. If only I was better......

Seven rounds, first round loser $75K, winner usually $2m or more....... Just gotta get in and no, we can't buy our way in. Frown

So we Drag Race instead.

Well it seems that the majority of racers would rather split the purse. So why not spread it out from the beginning? I believe these races would still have sellouts even if the purse wasn't so top heavy.

I would rather see this type of payout structure for all events, but without sponsors, we will never see it, or the entry fees will be pretty damn high to cover that!

All of us that enter Big $$$ races know if we don't get to at least the round of 16, you are lucky to break-even for the day.

Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Richard Hammond
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
That's the way all of the big money races should be paid. Since most people want to split. Why not spread it out for everyone and eliminate the problems in the later rounds.

If you watch Professional Tennis, they pay the same way. Heck, if you qualify for a Major, the min you get paid is usually $75K to lose first round. If only I was better......

Seven rounds, first round loser $75K, winner usually $2m or more....... Just gotta get in and no, we can't buy our way in. Frown

So we Drag Race instead.

Well it seems that the majority of racers would rather split the purse. So why not spread it out from the beginning? I believe these races would still have sellouts even if the purse wasn't so top heavy.

I would rather see this type of payout structure for all events, but without sponsors, we will never see it, or the entry fees will be pretty damn high to cover that!

All of us that enter Big $$$ races know if we don't get to at least the round of 16, you are lucky to break-even for the day.

You are seeing it already with this race. And like I said most of the big money races are split now anyways. What are you expecting to happen? First round losers getting their entry fee back?

Posts: 434 | Location: miami | Registered: September 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rocketolds400:
Here are the track rules:

https://summitmotorsportspark....59-1f19-08d5471f3a6a

Thanks for posting this. I reviewed with regard to rules #30,32,34,36,37 and here is my opinion.

NHRA allowed the use of data recorders (to include drive shaft) in the Pro class last year. Apparently that is not allowed at Norwalk per their rules.

Ignition output tach wires cannot be landed on delay box inputs. I assume you’d need a separate rpm output module for this function if the ignition does not have this capability.

If you’re using Holley Dominator EFI at these events who’s policing it?

Posts: 2462 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CURTIS REED:
No computers? What does that mean?

9:1 COMPUTER
A computer is defined as any device (electrical, mechanical,
pneumatic, hydraulic, etc.) that activates any function of, or in any
way affects the operation of, the vehicle based on measurement,
sensing, processing, etc. of any data related to the performance
of the vehicle. Except those installed on stock vehicles by the
new-vehicle manufacturer for the proper operation of such
vehicle, no vehicles may be equipped with computers.
Per Class
Requirements, OEM or aftermarket OEM-type electronic fuel
injection permitted.
Electronic fuel injection must be closed, OEMtype
system; i.e., may monitor only engine functions. Monitoring
of vehicle performance criteria, wheel speed, driveshaft speed,
vehicle acceleration, etc. by fuel-injection system prohibited.
Any form of torque management (e.g., launch control, traction
control, height ignition correction, etc.) is prohibited. All related
wiring, sensors, etc. must be identifiable to the tech inspector. See
General Regulations 9:11 TRACTION CONTROL.

During NHRA competition, a portable computer (e.g., laptop,
PDA, Palm Pilot, programmer, etc.) must be securely mounted
when located in driver’s compartment at any point beyond the
staging area ready line. All functions or values must be preset
prior to this point.

Per Class Requirements, timed or rpm-activated shifters and
the like permitted, but all automated functions must be preset
before the run. Timer may display only timer amount dialed in;
analog or digital
display permitted. Devices may be removed at
any time at discretion of NHRA Technical Department.

Posts: 2462 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markemark:
quote:
Originally posted by rocketolds400:
Here are the track rules:

https://summitmotorsportspark....59-1f19-08d5471f3a6a

Thanks for posting this. I reviewed with regard to rules #30,32,34,36,37 and here is my opinion.

NHRA allowed the use of data recorders (to include drive shaft) in the Pro class last year. Apparently that is not allowed at Norwalk per their rules.

Ignition output tach wires cannot be landed on delay box inputs. I assume you’d need a separate rpm output module for this function if the ignition does not have this capability.

If you’re using Holley Dominator EFI at these events who’s policing it?

Yeah, I was surprised to see the rules prohibiting data recorders and especially digital dashes in Pro as well.

Otherwise it all seems good.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3160 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CURTIS REED:
No computers? What does that mean?

I believe this rule dates back to the mid/late 90's and there were a "dozen" reasons to validate the rule. In fact a person commenting on this post may know a whole lot about that situation and how the Bader's were able to figure out about these "hidden gems".

Posts: 45 | Location: behind you | Registered: July 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Computers....hmmm how many people race with a cell phone with them? Whole lot of technology in one of them there computer like cell phone thinga mobobby's?

HMMMM

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
Picture of DaleH
posted Hide Post
Not sure the Pro rules apply for this race. Appears to be a BOX or Spro race.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DaleH,

Posts: 61 | Location: MN | Registered: August 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

So we Drag Race instead.

You are seeing it already with this race. And like I said most of the big money races are split now anyways. What are you expecting to happen? First round losers getting their entry fee back?

What crawled up your ass and died?

Where the **** did I say first round losers should get their money back????

This **** pisses me off about forums, morons reading something into what others are saying.....

I'm out, hope that makes your day!

Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TORQIN:
Computers....hmmm how many people race with a cell phone with them? Whole lot of technology in one of them there computer like cell phone thinga mobobby's?

HMMMM

"computers" leaves a lot for interpretation. Delay boxes? Digital ignition boxes? EFI? Data recorders? Pocket calculator?

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6407 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaleH:
Not sure the Pro rules apply for this race. Appears to be a BOX or Spro race.

Just riffing on the rules page in general and/or would likely apply to the No-Box Bonanza at the end of September.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3160 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of BarneyB
posted Hide Post
For this race that the subject started, Racepak’s are aloud. No traction control or down track information.
I almost grew up racing there and they have always had their own separate rules for things like “no throttle stops” but you are aloud nitrous. Saving spots (hardly ever in forced)
If you are attending this race it will be well run and you never have to worry about timing issues or lane differences.
And don’t forget about the $1.00 a pound for ice cream!!

WiredTwoWin race car wiring

Posts: 2436 | Location: Wadsworth, Ohio | Registered: December 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of NC3x58
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BarneyB:
For this race that the subject started, Racepak’s are aloud. No traction control or down track information.
I almost grew up racing there and they have always had their own separate rules for things like “no throttle stops” but you are aloud nitrous. Saving spots (hardly ever in forced)
If you are attending this race it will be well run and you never have to worry about timing issues or lane differences.
And don’t forget about the $1.00 a pound for ice cream!!

Well said, the Baders will run this event the same of every other event that they have. They treat people with the mindset of giving us the best of everything they can possibly give, and give it with 110% no questions asked. I am excited to get back to Norwalk for this event, always a fun time there!!

Nick Craig

1971 Camaro Split Bumper
376ci LS3

Posts: 410 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
In answer to the original question

For the vast majority of people, that's probably a "no". Sadly, most people only look at the entry fee and what it pays to win. Some folks don't even know how many rounds it takes to pay off their entry fee, and don't look at it until they're on their way home. That's becoming more and more evident, as many races are becoming even more top heavy. We've always tried to set up our races so that you can pay for your entry fee without 'making it to the split'. For this sport to be sustainable, people need to be able to make enough of their money back so they can afford to go race somewhere else the next week, and the week after that, and the week after that.

Norwalk's two big money races are a SMOKIN' good deal, and a great format. I applaud them, and look forward to the No-Box Bonanza!

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5736 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I have always looked at how far I had to go to earn my money back. I am usually good to go some rounds then do something stupid when it gets serious.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Beard:
In answer to the original question

For the vast majority of people, that's probably a "no". Sadly, most people only look at the entry fee and what it pays to win. Some folks don't even know how many rounds it takes to pay off their entry fee, and don't look at it until they're on their way home. That's becoming more and more evident, as many races are becoming even more top heavy. (snip)

Yep.

Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post