DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Summit Motorsports Park
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Summit Motorsports Park
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of Mitch H
posted
Don't know how to link a video from Facebook, but Bill Bader announced today at 6pm that SMP will open this year, and sooner than later. He stated that they will NOT wait for permission, they will just do it. He will announce the opening day during a live feed on FB next week.

Summit is a fairly long haul for me just to go take the seasons first test hits, but I will absolutely drag my junk out there and purchase a tech card!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DragRaceResults,

Posts: 154 | Location: PA | Registered: December 31, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Numidia announced they plan to open Friday May 2nd

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Mitch H
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
Numidia announced they plan to open Friday May 2nd

GREAT!

Posts: 154 | Location: PA | Registered: December 31, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mark Walter
posted Hide Post
https://www.facebook.com/Summi...605405393657117/?t=0

Mark Walter, Senior Chaplain
JAMA Racing Ministry

"A wise person is hungry for truth, while the fool feeds on trash." Proverbs 15:14
"Laus Deo!"

Posts: 299 | Location: Middle Georgia | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Government will not save you. It's time to save yourself! That was a great message. I hope more business people follow Bill's lead and get this country back open.
Our governor of Texas is unveiling his plan to get Texans back to work next week

Maybe I could fly to Ohio and rent a car for foot break and support SMP. Something to think about...

David

Posts: 134 | Location: Marion, TX | Registered: July 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
I might buy a tech card remotely just to support the guy. Two thumbs up.

Mike

Posts: 1562 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I think the "test" is over and now on May 1st they will relax most all the rules, people have a short attention span and I think we have reached that limit.

That said the 1st time any track is open will be the best day they ever had period.

Posts: 604 | Location: nw ohio | Registered: November 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of C Hodge
posted Hide Post
A track close to me Opened up end of March. When the law showed up and told them to shut down the guy told him it was privet property and they weren’t shutting down. The officer said he couldn’t make them stop but said it was in the best interest. When the officer left they shut the gates and kept racing. Had a big crowd that day

Posts: 235 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: December 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of David Gerard
posted Hide Post
Stupid is as Stupid does!

The risk to the racers, their families, and friends just to "Show the man" is both foolish and dangerous!

This is NOT a drill! This is NOT a conspiracy! This is NOT FAUX NEWS!

The sooner everyone complies with the rules, the sooner EVERYONE gets to go back to the races!

Posts: 413 | Location: Fullerton, CA | Registered: June 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
actually it is fake news. It's a highly contagious virus not highly deadly and the country remains shut down because the dems death narrative about the virus is being driven by the fake news media in what will be another failed attempt to kept Trump from being re elected.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
Okay, I agree with Ed. The numbers show that it is not any more deadly than the flue and most that have it, never know.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Take the death number from the covid 19 and compare them to the number of deaths from motor vehicle accidents and WOW we still drive every day, if this amount of "concern" was put on cancer.... o yea that makes millions of $$every year to "treat" it not cure it.

Posts: 604 | Location: nw ohio | Registered: November 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Eds got this one. There is more going on than the virus and just like every other major event we the public will find out years from now the whole story.

Posts: 318 | Location: ohio | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Gerard:
Stupid is as Stupid does!

The risk to the racers, their families, and friends just to "Show the man" is both foolish and dangerous!

This is NOT a drill! This is NOT a conspiracy! This is NOT FAUX NEWS!

The sooner everyone complies with the rules, the sooner EVERYONE gets to go back to the races!

That's precisely the opposite of what "flattening the curve" does. Stay at home orders have nothing to do with eradicating the virus. It *lengthens* the time period that we have to deal with it. Its purpose is to keep hospitals and medical supplies from being overwhelmed all at once. This is very apparent in major metropolitan areas, but it is not the case in rural counties, whose hospitals are being bankrupted under blanket one-size-fits-all State orders.

There is a wide array of reasonable actions between the extremes of central planning vs nihilism. The extremes are both bad.

quote:
I think the "test" is over and now on May 1st they will relax most all the rules

Ohio will be entering Phase I of rollbacks on May 1, not Phase III. They haven't even announced details yet. That's supposed to come later this week.

RE: Norwalk, even after last week's video, Bader had said they were looking at 6 weeks before they would be able to open. Today, he posted:

quote:
From the Desk of Bill Bader, Jr.
Wednesday, April 22, 2020 Update

Despite best intentions, the idea of trying to unwind and rebuild a new 2020 Season Schedule while in the middle of a pandemic has proven impossible! A number of our critical event dates are facility lease agreements and the extreme uncertainty has caused the industry to collectively hit pause!!! As a result, I have no news to report other than we are working diligently to put the proper systems in place, to meet all CDC best practices in order to open safely in 2020!

May God Bless you and yours and God Bless the United States Of America!!

Bill

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5727 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
Picture of BD104X
posted Hide Post
Damn it Michael Beard - everyone has had enough of your well thought out, intelligent replies! We are either all going to die or its a democratic hoax... pick a side already.

Billy Duhs - BD104X@gmail.com

Posts: 625 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: February 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
dang
and I just entered Norwalk national event in june

Posts: 1424 | Location: united states | Registered: January 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Eman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by C Hodge:
A track close to me Opened up end of March. When the law showed up and told them to shut down the guy told him it was privet property and they weren’t shutting down. The officer said he couldn’t make them stop but said it was in the best interest. When the officer left they shut the gates and kept racing. Had a big crowd that day

At that point in time the Gov. hadn't committed to anything so the law had no power. Read what they posted yesterday now that the local law has authority.

Posts: 1451 | Location: E TN | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of 7110
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
actually it is fake news. It's a highly contagious virus not highly deadly and the country remains shut down because the dems death narrative about the virus is being driven by the fake news media in what will be another failed attempt to kept Trump from being re elected.

DEAD-ON WITH A ZERO!

Posts: 1598 | Location: AZ | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of pentastarrail
posted Hide Post
Ed,
Why bother with the FACTS?
As you said, it is highly contagious, that's it. As we all know people die more from other things as we have all pointed out.

I still say, if I didn't know any better I would think that this is a democratic ploy to make the sheeple vote for Biden.

Not that it matters but Connecticut is now shutdown until June 1, at which time they will re-evaluate. FFF'n Crazy.

Man was not built to fly ... That's why he built HEMI's

Frank Zeffiro
ALIAS -- BIG KAHUNA

Posts: 954 | Location: Winchester, Connecticut | Registered: September 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
the tri state area has no one to blame but themselves, they voted for these POS politicians and the backroom deal is already done, Cuomo, Murphy and Lamont have agreed to open their states together.