Find
Notify
Tools

Big money racing
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
Picture of loosechange
posted
While I was racing at MDIR this weekend my buddy showed me a message from the promoter at piedmont offering him a free weekend entry at piedmont if he left MDIR. Multiple people got this same message. Both races were already short on cars from scheduling over one another.

Im just a gold fish hanging out with the sharks.

Posts: 191 | Location: bedford va | Registered: November 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
MORE POPCORN ON ITS WAY....WHOMP OUT....

Posts: 1258 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of loosechange
posted Hide Post
I guess some people will do anything to get the car count

Posts: 191 | Location: bedford va | Registered: November 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Richard Hammond
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by loosechange:
I guess some people will do anything to get the car count

Whether you like it or not it’s called running a big business. And there’s no love lost between those two promoters.

Posts: 434 | Location: miami | Registered: September 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of loosechange
posted Hide Post
I’m aware of how to run s business. Actions like this fall in the Category of integrity or character. Or in this case the lack of.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
I’m aware of how to run s business. Actions like this fall in the Category of integrity or character. Or in this case the lack of.

Right or wrong at least SFG pays its racers on time. Can’t say the same about no limit promotions.

Posts: 434 | Location: miami | Registered: September 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Team C
posted Hide Post
Integrity!? Character!? Good one to be talking!!! What!?

Posts: 20 | Location: Glasgow, VA | Registered: July 19, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Makes you wonder how many of those 700+ entries were actually gifted by said promoter but I guess you have to find a way to cover them payouts somehow and pray one of your "house cars" win the money and keep it in your pocket! Definitely shows ones true character once you hear of these actions specially trying to get cars to leave one track and come to another. That's some shady business practices IMO!

Posts: 45 | Location: behind you | Registered: July 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of loosechange
posted Hide Post
Richard I am unaffiliated with any promoter. I used to attend all the big races before my son came along. I would go about anywhere and hop on the mic between rounds. Where you shorted money at a big race?

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I know the SFG race paid the posted purse and has at every race. I don't have a dog in this fight but my boy won and was paid $5000 at Piedmont and never even made the finals.....tough act to follow.

Posts: 6213 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of loosechange
posted Hide Post
There was never any stipulations on who pays. Only the process of recruiting racers fern. Good to see you at the wfc on tv buddy

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Richard I am unaffiliated with any promoter. I used to attend all the big races before my son came along. I would go about anywhere and hop on the mic between rounds. Where you shorted money at a big race?

No I wasn’t the one that got shorted at the no limit races. But I’d have a hard time trusting a race promoted by no limit promotions after what happened last year.And As far as SFG trying to coax racers to come to his race. I personally don’t have a problem with it.i understand what he’s trying to do. But sometimes you just have to take the loss in revenue and move on.

SFG
Picture of whos next
posted Hide Post
Speaking of Free

SFG Promotions is giving away a brand new Chevy Equinox for FREE to 1 lucky winner who pays in full for $1,100 to race for a GUARANTEED 500k.
Also 2nd and 3rd place in that same raffle will win a FREE weekend entry at the 2nd Annual SFG500 at SGMP April 21-26 100k-500k-50k. Did I mention SFG Promotions gave away 10 FREE entries into the SFG500 main event to the 10 best losing packages of the re entry rd of Fridays 50k in Michigan? While we are on the subject of FREE SFG Promotions just announced they will be in TUCSON ARIZONA November 21-23 with 50k-50k for $599 and the best losing package of the re entry rd both days will receive a FREE entry into the SFG Million main event taking place July 4th 2020 100k-100k- 1 Million

SFG Promotions Making Bracket Racing Great Again!!!

Posts: 245 | Location: Illinois | Registered: March 12, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Stephen Hughes
posted Hide Post
Well it looks like he isn’t denying it. I’m curious how many “house cars” are in those races and how many have won. Rumors are already out there about this happening recently on some big payout events.

The Pull-Out....for when you want to work smarter, not harder!!!

Posts: 336 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
I probably should not say anything because I do not know these two tracks but......

If they are placing big races on top of each other they are just hurting themselves. They need to man up and talk to each other when they set up their schedules and try not to step on each other any more than you have to.

Also if they re running house cars in one of their own big money races I would be somewhat concerned. Does not mean they are cheating or anything but it sure could make it easier for them to.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4002 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SFG
Picture of whos next
posted Hide Post
Thanks to ALL the racers that have taken advantage of the early bird special of paying $1100 and automatically go into a raffle to win a brand new Chevy Equinox. Day 2 has been just as busy as yesterday. Don't forget Friday is the last day to pay $1100. Monday it goes to $1250 but you will still be automatically go into a raffle to win the Equinox. From the looks of this the 2nd Annual SFG500 at SGMP will be bigger than the 1st one. Call 708-921-5737 to lock in your spot.

Posts: 245 | Location: Illinois | Registered: March 12, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of loosechange
posted Hide Post
As you can see by the reply’s for $1100 you can enter today and go in a free drawing for a new car

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:
I probably should not say anything because I do not know these two tracks but......

If they are placing big races on top of each other they are just hurting themselves. They need to man up and talk to each other when they set up their schedules and try not to step on each other any more than you have to.

Also if they re running house cars in one of their own big money races I would be somewhat concerned. Does not mean they are cheating or anything but it sure could make it easier for them to.

Dead on. Two races, each short of cars on the same weekend in the same area. Duh! The more civil tracks and promoters are to each other, the better chance of each of them succeeding and all racers getting plenty of great races to race at.
I'm sure who will want, and take the last word to promote his race. He doesn't want to talk about the concerns expressed. He wants car counts.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6398 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
quote:
Originally posted by Curly1:

Dead on. Two races, each short of cars on the same weekend in the same area. Duh! The more civil tracks and promoters are to each other, the better chance of each of them succeeding and all racers getting plenty of great races to race at.
I'm sure who will want, and take the last word to promote his race. He doesn't want to talk about the concerns expressed. He wants car counts.

Well the fact that it's July and hot as heck I'm sure had plenty to do with the car counts. Not many of these races are on top of each other. But there are only so many dates available to work with so every once in a while you are going to have this problem. It is what it is.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of Hotrod Corvette
posted Hide Post
So who are these top tier drivers in these "house cars" that are willing to win a race for less money than they would have won if they entered the race?
HMMMM

Burt

I'm So Proud To Be An American And Not A Democrat...

Posts: 1219 | Location: Clinton Township, MI | Registered: September 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post