DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Tree Sensing Devices - The New Hot Topic
Page 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tree Sensing Devices - The New Hot Topic
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Holytown:
If you'll notice, I've only asked questions about the clips. I have not made accusations of cheating.

What I have posted is not any different than the holding penalty conversation in the super bowl

Meh, more like inflammatory BS to get clicks.

WHAT WORD IS IN THE TITLE OF THE VIDEOS ?

A real stretch.

"Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular."
Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1666 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I said this on another site, why hasn't a noncheating(honest) person that has the knowledge and money build one to show how they work repeatedly and consistently and document the build to keep the playing field level?
All electronics, sensors,wiring visible for all to see.

One replied that he could build one for $1,000 but he doesn't have the time! Lol

Brockmeyer can build one evidently, if he knows what to block!

I'll start a GoFundMe page to hire an electronic engineering firm with no fight in the game to build a tree reader that would show that they do exist OR it's just a fantasy!

I'm guessing everyone here would would contribute at least a buck to keep things honest.

Ok,carry on, I'm behind on making tin foil hats.

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Cat Fish
posted Hide Post
do you think anyone ever expects people who lose round 6 or 7 to be cheating? just wondering as i guess it makes more sense to bow out before they look. i think thats how the guys at lights out do it, cheat until they crash

Only One Way Out!

Posts: 30 | Location: Florida - Georgia Line | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
So some beat their chest about how great racers they are but if someone else does good they must be CHEATING?

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4016 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Goob:
quote:
If you'll notice, I've only asked questions about the clips. I have not made accusations of cheating.

What I have posted is not any different than the holding penalty conversation in the super bowl

A real stretch.

Yeah totally helps me by getting motor mania clicks

Idiot

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

A real stretch.

Idiot

I think the term "idiot" would apply to an idiot that would post a link to videos titled cheater over a randomly blinking parking lamp, as if it was proof of something. Roll Eyes

Dave Cook
N375

Posts: 1666 | Location: Indy | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

A real stretch.

Idiot

I think the term "idiot" would apply to an idiot that would post a link to videos titled cheater over a randomly blinking parking lamp, as if it was proof of something. Roll Eyes

Find where it says cheater and show me

Idiot

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

A real stretch.

Idiot

Find where it says cheater and show me

Idiot

Here's the window that pops up on the video/

quote:

Clip
OldRacer
147 views · 1 day ago
Cheating?

Dave Cook
N375

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I used to hang around with some people who used to bend the rules in Nascar in the 1970-80's. Their best tactic was to put something blatantly out in the open, and then everyone would focus on that, but not their other fancy part.

DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
Well, it's been a year, let's drag this turd back up for another sniff..... Cool

Scott, any results / findings to report from the '23 season events?

The trend I saw this season is a LOT of good racers who are known for being able to hold and drive the stripe well getting behind for L's when there was no reason to drop at all....have the tree covered and dump to .03 or .04 off. Confused

Dave Cook
N375

DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

A real stretch.

Idiot

Lol, I know a guy who said he would put a small light under nose of his dragster and right before he would stage he would turn it on and bump in. He used to do it just to irritate them and possibly throw them off their game. Plus I think he rather enjoyed stirring the pot a little.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4016 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
I never paid attention to the stage lights after staging, until watching this video. I guess they/we flash the stage lights to counter the tree sensing devices.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Be_vbcT8I1s

2BKING
Relaxing

1980 Camaro
Taking the Best Working Small Tire Shyt Box & making it Greater Than Before!
3000 lbs.
Pump Gas 436

Posts: 2549 | Location: NV. | Registered: October 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I've never seen/noticed that either......but I can't believe I wouldn't react to ANY light flashing on the tree...

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4467 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Turk
posted Hide Post
What you are seeing in the Video is nothing but an illusion as the Camera shutter speed not set fast enough for the LED lights. You see this all the time with phone carmeras, Its called light source "off" period. Heck watch NHRA and you will see the same thing sometimes with the LED bulbs on the tree or even scoreboards and someone not having the camera shutter speed correctly. Its just an illusion of an issue that did not happen. Had this really happened the timing system would have dropped both lanes red before the tree even came down. Slow the video down and you will see the both lanes the camera being used missed the leds at the same time, just by pure luck the rt lane stages and the camera picks it up. Google camera shutter speeds with Leds. """What shutter speed to avoid flickering lights""""""
This rule suggests setting your shutter speed to roughly double your frame rate. For instance, if you're filming at 25 FPS, you should use a shutter speed of 1/50. This will help to synchronise the shutter speed with the led light's frequency. Reducing the chance of capturing the light source's 'off' period.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Turk,

Posts: 178 | Location: New Stanton | Registered: January 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
I have school buddies son working on this. I asked him if can be done and what would be needed. Figure it might qualify as rocket science and since he worked at NASA for 6 month and makes damn good living working with lazer and devolping new tech for them. He migh be highly qualified to tell me what is needed for the light sensor part of it.

Than it could be som simple now days that anyone into techno world could figure out a system.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4192 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Turk, do these "off" cycles occur due to ac power, or do they occur even with dc power?

Posts: 522 | Location: Southeast | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Turk
posted Hide Post
The off cycle has more to do with the frequency and wave length reflectors of the LEDs then actual power issues. There are cheap and expensive LEDS that run at different frequencies and design. Its not like going and buying and old 120W bulb and all be the same. Use this as an example 50Htz LED means the flow of electrons switch or reverse polarity 50 times per second. the human eye cant see it turning on and off that fast but a camera can catch the off cycle which is exactly what your are seeing in that video. There are a zillion more things that goes into building and LED bulb.

Posts: 178 | Location: New Stanton | Registered: January 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Goob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phil Dees:
Turk, do these "off" cycles occur due to ac power, or do they occur even with dc power?

All LED's are DC driven elements, you're seeing the AC current cycle, which is 60hz here in 'Murica, equal to "about" .0166 second to complete the shift.

In testing with a photocell receiver, over 400 tree cycles for the sample, 45 seconds apart, we did in fact observe a .017 variance.

I have said since then that if a timing system designer were serious, they would fire the lamps with DC current.
Even an incandescent lamp doesn't care if the current is AC or DC.
That said, I have lately observed that the Ambers on Compulink don't appear to cycle as they use to.?

Since LED's are in fact DC driven, and every other function of the timing system is DC driven, why wouldn't you use a transformer on the tree lamps?

That's why I set up to be .008 green.

Somebody tag Jeff Foster?

Dave Cook
N375

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
My understanding is that LED cycles are 2x 60hz. Thus 1/120 = .0083, so there can be as much as .008 difference in LED lighting up. If this is true then any tree sensing device should be no more accurate than .008.

Posts: 522 | Location: Southeast | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Pure DC (battery) power should eliminate the variance, but would allow tree sensing devices to be more accurate.