DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Tree Sensing Devices - The New Hot Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 28
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tree Sensing Devices - The New Hot Topic
 Login/Join

DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted
Since early last year I've been hearing rumblings throughout the pit areas of Christmas Tree sensing devices that detect the bulb flash and interrupt the transbrake solenoid on a timed function for the car to leave exactly at the same time every time.

As technology continues to advance there is no doubt this can be done. How? Well that's where you come in. I have my suspicions and ideas on how this is accomplished but I'd love to hear yours.

By exposing as much information as possible here will only help the cause by bringing information to the forefront for promoters to understand the functionality.

This isn't to point fingers at any particular racer, it's to help expose the functionality and come up with a cure to prevent it. Call it the CDC of Bracket Racing if you will, lol.

I've reached out to some higher ups in the timing equipment business to help us understand how they feel it could be done and what they're doing to detect and prevent it.

Again - post your factual information here to help us better understand this illegal process that could ultimately be the demise of our great sport.

SL...

Posts: 2109 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
All I know is no one, no car can be no worse than .007 for 4 days, no mind with 2 drivers and then let go .300 and .700 green when the tree is being pushed by the wind.Wink

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TonyB6255
posted Hide Post
I already have one. It's on the left side of my right hand and goes -.020 to .050 consistently. This should be a interesting thread....

Posts: 633 | Location: Rochester, WA | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
great post! between all the chances drivers get now and things like this its amazing what happens nowadays!!! good post! people ask me all the time is Bracket racing fair? i answer them quick No way when someone has more chances than others! its a race not a lottery!! great post!!

Posts: 30 | Location: calhoun ga | Registered: May 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
My "Tree Sensing Device" is my old eyes sending info to my old brain sending a signal to my old arthritic thumb. Highly inconsistent at best! Didn't think of that

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3096 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of SCDIV1
posted Hide Post
A "hot new topic" that's at least 20 years old.

I've seen some very questionable things over the years....

Nothing much ever gets found or done...

You have to ask yourself how the h-e-l-l anyone can hit strings of RT's like we see today....I know young racers are real good for sure but it still makes you wonder....

Posts: 2733 | Location: Where ever I am, I'm here and it's me | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
This is a good recommendation for no-box, no electronics, foot brake classes.

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1829 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Correction Rich, NOTHING ever happens to those who are caught or suspected of cheating. The tracks/promoters don't care, they put it on the racers to protest and 99.9% do nothing about it even when the cheaters are caught so the cheaters have the upper hand and will continue to do what they do knowing full well there's no safety tech no mind anyone looking at their wiring. They won't get caught no mind punished.

We all know that nothing happened to the dirty dozen.

It's no different than steriod use in MLB, ALL the premier players were using them and got big pay days because of their performance.

So you can take the moral high ground and be a fool or you can do as they do and make the $.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Or you can buy a boat!

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3096 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Factual information? Smile

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6398 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
NOTHING ever happens to those who are caught or suspected of cheating.

So, is this an endorsement for the new self-certification tech program???

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2336 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I just sent mine back for testing and repair as it failed me multiple times at the ACE race this past weekend.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
first time I heard this conspiricy theory was at 1st 20000 race at stanton in the 80s george rupert won off the bottom! Tech come a long way scince Hawlly school had one 10 years ago-maybe.

The difference between ignorance and stupidity. Ignorance is lack of knowledge. Stupidity is the inability to learn. Don't be stupid

Posts: 406 | Location: des moines iowa | Registered: January 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by green1:
I just sent mine back for testing and repair as it failed me multiple times at the ACE race this past weekend.

no doubt you saw me/my cars and you didn't introduce yourself. Two Thumbs down

DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
I forgot to switch mine on 4th round on Saturday but still won the round.... hahaha

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Big Steve
posted Hide Post
When there is as much money involved as there is now days in bracket racing people are going to find a way to cheat thats a givin.

Now as far as a tree sensing device tied to your delay box, I guess that would be possible but man there would be allot of variables involved, what lane your in, sun light, darkness of night, brightness of the tree just to name a few...

Posts: 2422 | Location: Moving back to the door side | Registered: April 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Agreed and that's why I'm certain they exist and have been in use for decades. Again, no one will ever get caught using it because no one in charge really cares and no one in charge knows what they are looking for, if they did, they would have it in their car.

DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted Hide Post
Been a lot of REAL good information sent to me, posted, etc. That I'm sure will create not just a catch but a prevention solution.

Thank you everyone for your feedback.

SL...

Posts: 2109 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Back in the early 70's we knew a engineer that worked at LTV tell us that he could easily set this up for us, the problem at the time was we did not know what a trans brake was and the attempt at the band around the drive shaft did not work.

Posts: 266 | Location: Irving, Texas | Registered: March 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
quote:
Originally posted by green1:

no doubt you saw me/my cars and you didn't introduce yourself. Two Thumbs down

And why would I do that???
I don’t know what you look like but did see your driver go red against Torquin.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post