DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Carol "Bunny" Burkett
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Carol "Bunny" Burkett
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
posted
Passed away April 4th at 74 years old. Probably as well known as anyone in NHRA Div 1 with her AA/FC ride...I remember her and Husband Mo from the time they raced a 65 Mustang until her funny car days....Great people.

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I met her back in the 90s when she made a few exhibition passes at Quaker City Dragway in Ohio. I remember her sitting in a directors chair signing autographs, great big smile and clearly happy to be doing it. I was only 8 or 9 but remember her car vividly and that she put on a great show.

Posts: 119 | Location: Outside | Registered: May 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
The Sport has lost a GREAT Ambassador.
Bunny was a Class Act.
Cal SST/SG 1177
Just a 1st rd Duck looking for a win!!!

Posts: 46 | Location: Southern MD | Registered: November 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
Saw her make exhibition passes at what was then Moroso Motorsports Park in WPB, had to be mid-1980's I guess.

Mike

Posts: 1562 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
I just happened to flip on a you tube race from back in the 70s last night and there was Bunny in her pink Pro Stock Pinto. Last time I saw her they had their stuff at Dennis Moores shop in Baltimore. Their sons were racing Jrs and making exabitions runs in Jr funny cars. Wonder what happened to those

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Raced Bunny and her guys lots back in 90's. Bill Barrett was tuner and Bear was most of her team. Nice folks. Class act all around .

Remember her asking my driver(Rickey Bowie) that since we where quicker would he give her the light.Hay she tried anyway.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4175 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post