DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Roll Bar Head Clearance
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Roll Bar Head Clearance
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
Anyone have any ideas. I've started to play with the idea of rotating the seat in the car to give it more lean back. Of course I can't do this too much with a fixed back seat, or I'll lose too much leg space. Does someone make a seat that would help with this? Maybe a sprint car style seat without the head rests?

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
rule book states you must have a stand alone headrest if using a low back seat/a seat that doesn't support you head. A Jaz seat like in my Firebird may work for you

not as tall as a Kirkey seat.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 1320racer,

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thanks 1320. Maybe that's why I see those style seats in so many chassis cars? The recline of those might work for me.

Is the Jaz Seat aluminum or plastic

Also, do you happen to know the Name of that seat? Looks like there are a few different ones

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post