DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Hoosier tire vibration/shake
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hoosier tire vibration/shake
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
posted
so I've seen so many people talk trash on Hoosiers having tire "vibration" and/or shake. are these actual true statements or personal opinions? I know my dad & several others run Hoosiers with no problems, where as I've seen people on M/Ts have to put air in tires due to them always going flat. I don't race but, seems like to me the people having the issues need to adjust their suspension or change their setup. this is not to bash any particular brand, just curious if this is an actual real issue.

J.K. Hodges

Posts: 43 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: June 11, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dragkid1990:
so I've seen so many people talk trash on Hoosiers having tire "vibration" and/or shake. are these actual true statements or personal opinions? I know my dad & several others run Hoosiers with no problems, where as I've seen people on M/Ts have to put air in tires due to them always going flat. I don't race but, seems like to me the people having the issues need to adjust their suspension or change their setup. this is not to bash any particular brand, just curious if this is an actual real issue.

Most people repeat what they hear, or don't have the chassis setup properly. Most of the time, new tires are used as a band aid for a larger issue. I've personally ran the big 3, and have had no issues with any.

I just started running whatever I can get the best deal on when I need new ones.

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
as all the long time regular posters here know, I/we have been running Hoosiers for decades and I've never had vibration/shake from any of the many sizes and compounds of Hoosier slicks that I've run on my Chevelle, Firebird and dragster including this past week at National Trails running low 4.40s but I know how to setup a chassis/suspension and my cars flat out work!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of fast frank
posted Hide Post
seems after about 50% wear on mine they need rebalanced

Posts: 728 | Location: pa. | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Not once in over 3 decades. Besides, by use they are out of balance from the first hit and further after every hit to follow

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CrewMan
posted Hide Post
On my buddy's car -he's ran Hoosiers for man I don't know how long now but a long time well over 15 years. Before that it was GY...the reason he switched was the quality of the GY just wasn't what it used to be the last couple of sets he had...especially on iffy tracks. Moved over to Hoosier and been there ever since. They seem to hold more consistent across all tracks. Had to mess with pressure a little bit...but got it worked out.

"Some things are better left unsaid... usually it's the S**T I blurt out first.

Posts: 116 | Location: Loveland, Ohio | Registered: September 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post