Bracket Talk
Hoosier tire vibration/shake

This topic can be found at:
https://drr.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/75460652/m/1487072996

September 12, 2022, 02:27 PM
dragkid1990
Hoosier tire vibration/shake
so I've seen so many people talk trash on Hoosiers having tire "vibration" and/or shake. are these actual true statements or personal opinions? I know my dad & several others run Hoosiers with no problems, where as I've seen people on M/Ts have to put air in tires due to them always going flat. I don't race but, seems like to me the people having the issues need to adjust their suspension or change their setup. this is not to bash any particular brand, just curious if this is an actual real issue.

J.K. Hodges
September 12, 2022, 02:56 PM
Holytown
quote:
Originally posted by dragkid1990:
so I've seen so many people talk trash on Hoosiers having tire "vibration" and/or shake. are these actual true statements or personal opinions? I know my dad & several others run Hoosiers with no problems, where as I've seen people on M/Ts have to put air in tires due to them always going flat. I don't race but, seems like to me the people having the issues need to adjust their suspension or change their setup. this is not to bash any particular brand, just curious if this is an actual real issue.

Most people repeat what they hear, or don't have the chassis setup properly. Most of the time, new tires are used as a band aid for a larger issue. I've personally ran the big 3, and have had no issues with any.

I just started running whatever I can get the best deal on when I need new ones.
September 12, 2022, 02:58 PM
1320racer
as all the long time regular posters here know, I/we have been running Hoosiers for decades and I've never had vibration/shake from any of the many sizes and compounds of Hoosier slicks that I've run on my Chevelle, Firebird and dragster including this past week at National Trails running low 4.40s but I know how to setup a chassis/suspension and my cars flat out work!
September 13, 2022, 06:50 AM
fast frank
seems after about 50% wear on mine they need rebalanced
September 13, 2022, 06:55 AM
1320racer
Not once in over 3 decades. Besides, by use they are out of balance from the first hit and further after every hit to follow
September 13, 2022, 09:10 AM
CrewMan
On my buddy's car -he's ran Hoosiers for man I don't know how long now but a long time well over 15 years. Before that it was GY...the reason he switched was the quality of the GY just wasn't what it used to be the last couple of sets he had...especially on iffy tracks. Moved over to Hoosier and been there ever since. They seem to hold more consistent across all tracks. Had to mess with pressure a little bit...but got it worked out.

"Some things are better left unsaid... usually it's the S**T I blurt out first.