DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Missing poster / members of Bracketalk
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Missing poster / members of Bracketalk
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
Wish I would met Mr Pinkerton when at 42 a couple weeks ago...Next time for sure.

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I came looking for you Saturday but decided that rig was way too long to walk up and knock on the door with my PA Turnpike ticket book. Laughing Hard

I am sure you will be back up around September. I think there is a 2nd race at 42 and then 10 Grander at Norwalk the week before.

Posts: 2399 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of TORQIN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shawn Pinkerton:
I came looking for you Saturday but decided that rig was way too long to walk up and knock on the door with my PA Turnpike ticket book. Laughing Hard

I am sure you will be back up around September. I think there is a 2nd race at 42 and then 10 Grander at Norwalk the week before.

Damn them Turnpike F'ers! Your welcome any time Shawn, I was told by very good sources your good peeps! We will meet for sure as I am looking to come back and improve on my last showing...lol

Posts: 1754 | Location: Houston, Tx. | Registered: November 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of FootbrakeJim
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
Steve Taylor never got to see it but he has got the last laugh as true start is sweeping the country. He advocated for this for many years.

Yep. I hope he is smiling about that. He never stopped lobbying for "A worse red light option". Wink

Dan "Jim" Moore
Much too young to feel this damn old!!

Posts: 1039 | Location: Farmersville, TX  | Registered: December 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Steve called it "Worst Red Light" others have called it True Start. He had been advocating for this program since the 90's. He sent information about this program to all the makers of timing systems that dealt with drag racing. You would be surprised which person wrote back and said nobody wants that program.

Brenda Taylor

Posts: 380 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: September 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mad Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brenda Taylor:
You would be surprised which person wrote back and said nobody wants that program.

Id be willing to guess it’s someone that’s getting some financial benefit from it...

Dan

Dan

DOES YOUR IDEOLOGY ALLOW YOU TO EQUITABLY APPLY STANDARDS OF ACCOUNTABILITY OR DOES IT PROMOTE THE PRACTICE OF HYPOCRISY?

Posts: 226 | Location: ... --- ... | Registered: November 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
True start is not being used for the reason Steve wanted it

Posts: 62 | Location: Larwill,In | Registered: September 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Being used for exactly what Steve advocated for---worst red light loses, true start whatever you call it the end result is the same.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Don,

Thanks for correcting the uninformed people because you are correct. Steve's program is online at Draglist.com. His program was also put in Bracket racing USA magazine, Becky Whites newspaper and other magzines.

Brenda Taylor

Posts: 380 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: September 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Where have you been, Don?

What tracks are you visiting for the rest of the year?

Brenda

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
This year, Gainsville, Darlington, Rockingham, and Wilksboro-----leaving for Tonys race at the Rock right now. Keeping busy.

Posts: 6214 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Don, probably go to Super Chevy. Hope to see you then.

Brenda

Brenda Taylor

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Did you have much damage from Hurricane Frances?You have property in many places....How did you "make out" with the rain, wind and floods?

Where is your next race? Steve is being inducted into Farmington's HALL OF FAME. Mark Joyce sent me word to try to come there for the race and at 3pm on Saturday, Sept 29, there will be some racers inducted then. I don't know who else??

Brenda

Brenda Taylor

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
The Amazing Jim McComb. Missed his announcing this year at Sonoma. RIP Jim

When everything is coming your way, your probably in the wrong lane.

Posts: 1013 | Location: Between a Rock and a Hard Spot, USA | Registered: December 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stk 758 BP!:
^^! Not worthy

I could listen to Jim’s total recall of drag racing for hours. Miss you Uncle Jim!

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4503 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Tubie where are you?? Hard at work I’m sure.

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4503 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
How about Frank Lightfoot?
Miss u Jimmy!

Raceless in California!

DRR Sportsman
Picture of victo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stk 758 BP!:
How about Frank Lightfoot?
Miss u Jimmy!
in the k car heading to salt lake lmao

2012 West Coast Pro Gas E/Gas Champion

Posts: 523 | Location: Novato | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post