Find
Notify
Tools

Big Money Races
 Login/Join

DRR Trophy
Picture of Little Chief
posted
The last few races I was able to watch on Motormaniatv seems like either went much more smoothly or the car counts were lower. Last few years races ran late or were run later in the weekend. What's the deal?

Posts: 230 | Location: Kilgore Texas | Registered: July 15, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Matrix
posted Hide Post
They started putting caps on the number of entries so they wouldn't have to race until 3am and some races got rid of the re entry round like they did for the fling this past weekend

Daryl Pinder

Dynasty Motorsports
www.dynastymotorsports.com

Posts: 456 | Location: Ft. Washington, MD USA | Registered: March 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
640 on Thursday at Bristol

and 674 on Friday

Buybacks were taken away though. I thought it was interesting to see many of the big hitters go down in first round. They still allowed double entry, but I thought it was interesting.

Basically it cut their chances from a potential 4 shots to 2. Quite a few needed those extra guns it seems.

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
It’s a fact that if you eliminate buybacks at these big $ gambler races you’ll see fewer big names in the late rounds, even when they are double.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
It’s a fact that if you eliminate buybacks at these big $ gambler races you’ll see fewer big names in the late rounds, even when they are double.

Right

Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1227 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
If they would get rid of doubles and go back to the original Moroso format (Single car-single entry) we would really see who was who.

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 732 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
and entries would drop

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Holytown:
640 on Thursday at Bristol

and 674 on Friday

Buybacks were taken away though. I thought it was interesting to see many of the big hitters go down in first round. They still allowed double entry, but I thought it was interesting.

Basically it cut their chances from a potential 4 shots to 2. Quite a few needed those extra guns it seems.

i didnt see how this helped the race. it was good for pete though. when they canned buy backs he let everybody double enter.

ep

Posts: 757 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pauley:
i didnt see how this helped the race. it was good for pete though. when they canned buy backs he let everybody double enter.

Doubles had always been permitted at this year's Fall Fling.

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5727 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:

Yep.

The big names are only a statistics game. If you only run big money you only win big money. If you win every 15 races, the quicker you get to 15 the quicker you win statistically speaking. The big names aren't better, they are just racing more often.

Posts: 664 | Location: UTD | Registered: September 25, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of CrewMan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom Reyer:
If they would get rid of doubles and go back to the original Moroso format (Single car-single entry) we would really see who was who.

With what it costs to get to races these days - and for folks to be able to make the most of their investment, not sure if getting rid of the double entries all together is the right approach, but allowing double entries with the stipulation that the second entry has to be a different driver could make things interesting. If I remember right, that was a thing awhile back. You still get the added entry, but you get the individual aspect of the difference between the (2) different drivers. I haven't seen too many cars that run "exactly" the run to run between two different drivers, especially those where the 2 drivers have different builds, etc. Whether the car runs 1-2-3 quicker / slower what have you....it is not the same person driving and you aren't at a disadvantage from someone else's learnings in a previous run. Yeah you may able to figure out something that will make a difference between the two pass to pass - but I don't see that is any different than making an adjustment to your dial or thinking by watching a pass from another car you know how it performs compared to your setup.

You would get your added entries - but still the one driver concept. I miss the old Moroso format - hell I miss Moroso. Big Grin

Just my 02.

"Some things are better left unsaid... usually it's the S**T I blurt out first.

Posts: 116 | Location: Loveland, Ohio | Registered: September 26, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I will flat out never race an event that will allow doubles but require a different driver. I assume two drivers can double enter two cars, this is what I believe your implying. This 100% benefits the teams or groups of racers, people who can afford two cars and the rig to bring them etc.

As someone who isn't out to spend $100k or better I can't agree that is an answer. Either allow any combinations of doubles or dont allow them at all, as someone who religiously doubles I can't see it any other way.

Posts: 89 | Location: Inverness, Fl | Registered: November 14, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
If they are so worried about to many entries then do away with doubles instead of letting 200 people double to get down to 400 entries. Accomplish the same number but allow more people to be there. And could also still allow buy backs.

Posts: 6189 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Michael Beard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:
If they are so worried about to many entries then do away with doubles instead of letting 200 people double to get down to 400 entries. Accomplish the same number but allow more people to be there. And could also still allow buy backs.

Without pre-entry, they have no idea how many cars they'd have to deal with coming into it. There was just another Fling race in Ohio a couple weeks ago, and it drew 312 on the high day, with doubles. Without doubles, they'd be looking at a staggering loss.

__
Michael Beard - staginglight@gmail.com
Staging Light Graphic Design, Printing & Event Marketing

Posts: 5727 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Beard:
quote:
Originally posted by ferndaleflyer:

Without pre-entry, they have no idea how many cars they'd have to deal with coming into it. There was just another Fling race in Ohio a couple weeks ago, and it drew 312 on the high day, with doubles. Without doubles, they'd be looking at a staggering loss.

Amazing, moving the exact same race 300 miles South 2 weeks later and over double the entries. Why? The Summer race had the better weather and forecast.

Posts: 2427 | Location: 53056 | Registered: December 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
quote:

This is true but after eliminating buybacks they encouraged everyone to come and double enter. That's why we went from 494 to 674. I was there and 150+ more cars did not come through the gate. Even with that many it was ran really well but several folks were not thrilled with the no buybacks.
It may have been almost as quick to have buybacks with the 494 entries they had Wednesday. I don't know...

Posts: 123 | Location: inside | Registered: January 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cartman:
quote:

This is true but after eliminating buybacks they encouraged everyone to come and double enter. That's why we went from 494 to 674. I was there and 150+ more cars did not come through the gate. Even with that many it was ran really well but several folks were not thrilled with the no buybacks.
It may have been almost as quick to have buybacks with the 494 entries they had Wednesday. I don't know...

I understand the reasoning for getting rid of buy backs, but if I was a person who traveled all the way to Bristol to race and then was told no buy back I wouldn't be very happy.

Everyone can say well just win first round and you don't have the problem, but I would say to that the flyer changed after the race began.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Holytown:
quote:
Originally posted by cartman:
quote:

I understand the reasoning for getting rid of buy backs, but if I was a person who traveled all the way to Bristol to race and then was told no buy back I wouldn't be very happy.

Everyone can say well just win first round and you don't have the problem, but I would say to that the flyer changed after the race began.

flyer didnt change any. It says " 1st rd buybacks time permitting"

I was there and can asure you if they would have had a buyback in each race, we would have still been there.

Posts: 122 | Location: Over here | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post