DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Corona verses Gainsville
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Corona verses Gainsville
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
Will the spectators show up this weekend? The indoor sports venues are hurting for spectators big time!

When everything is coming your way, your probably in the wrong lane.

Posts: 1002 | Location: Between a Rock and a Hard Spot, USA | Registered: December 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Race fuel cures Coronavirus. Smile

People need to live their lives.

If we are going to die anyways,might as well go and smell the nitro.

I predict a packed crowd,but of course,I could be wrong.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
We're a sovereign and wealthy republic as our founders intended. We'll seal off our borders and keep on manufacturing our own goods and services for our economy, unaffected by corona virus.

Laughing Hard

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mike Rietow,

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Another dumb azz sky is falling post

Turn off your tv!!!!

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Did you hear "sky is falling" in the post? Nope, just thinking out loud. If I didn't live on the left coast I would be there.

Posts: 1002 | Location: Between a Rock and a Hard Spot, USA | Registered: December 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Corona vs nitro.Corona has zero chance.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4165 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I'm currently running low on food stuffs, so it will be time to venture to the store soon. I've kinda been wondering if there was going to be noticeable shortages. I don't go in Walmart often but had an opportunity to go this morning. The food store portion was maxed out, to include produce. So for now there isn't a sign of shortages.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2324 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canted Valve:
I'm currently running low on food stuffs, so it will be time to venture to the store soon. I've kinda been wondering if there was going to be noticeable shortages. I don't go in Walmart often but had an opportunity to go this morning. The food store portion was maxed out, to include produce. So for now there isn't a sign of shortages.

Well a freezer full of deer meat,shelves full of canned goods and gardening season around the corner. Guess ol Hank Jr was right.LOL

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4165 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Canted Valve: I don't go in Walmart often but had an opportunity to go this morning.

I found it interesting today to see Wal-Mart stock up most of the day while the Dow was falling over 2,000 points.

80% of the stuff at Wal-Mart comes from China.Very interesting.

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Last week I had to go to COSTCO and they were cleaned out of what I needed. Yesterday I made my every 2 week grocery run and found everything well stocked down here in the country. Guess its like Chris said

Posts: 6196 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of goddard racing
posted Hide Post
looks like corona wins this weekend

Posts: 19 | Location: ga | Registered: May 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
What a shame. Got to protect the spectators. Now Vegas 4 wide might be effected. Hope not.

DRR Sportsman
Picture of David Gerard
posted Hide Post
*****MEDIA ALERT*****

NHRA POSTPONES PORTION OF GATORNATIONALS

In consideration of the ever-evolving COVID-19 pandemic and in accordance with the recommendation of the Florida governor, NHRA officials are postponing a portion of the Amalie Motor Oil NHRA Gatornationals. The sportsman categories contested on Thursday will complete competition this weekend without ticketed spectators. Top Fuel, Funny Car, Pro Stock, Pro Stock Motorcycle, Pro Mod, Factory Stock Showdown, Top Fuel Harley, Top Alcohol Dragster and Top Alcohol Funny Car will compete at a later date to be determined. Current tickets will be honored at the rescheduled event or ticketholders may opt to use their tickets as a credit toward the 2021 Gatornationals. NHRA will determine next steps for moving forward as additional information becomes available. We appreciate the patience of our competitors and fans.

Posts: 413 | Location: Fullerton, CA | Registered: June 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of bubbletop
posted Hide Post
Sorry for the repeat. Computer delay issues...

From NHRA VP Marketing a couple of ours ago:

In consideration of the ever-evolving COVID-19 pandemic and in accordance with the recommendation of the Florida governor, NHRA officials are postponing a portion of the Amalie Motor Oil NHRA Gatornationals. The sportsman categories contested on Thursday will complete competition this weekend without ticketed spectators. Top Fuel, Funny Car, Pro Stock, Pro Stock Motorcycle, Pro Mod, Factory Stock Showdown, Top Fuel Harley, Top Alcohol Dragster and Top Alcohol Funny Car will compete at a later date to be determined. Current tickets will be honored at the rescheduled event or ticketholders may opt to use their tickets as a credit toward the 2021 Gatornationals. NHRA will determine next steps for moving forward as additional information becomes available. We appreciate the patience of our competitors and fans.

Any questions, please feel free to reach out.

Posts: 13 | Location: MA. | Registered: April 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Scarth:
What a shame. Got to protect the spectators. Now Vegas 4 wide might be effected. Hope not.

Just said to Jeff; Well - get ready. Vegas is next..

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4468 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of David Gerard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stk 758 BP!:
quote:

Just said to Jeff; Well - get ready. Vegas is next..

National Open at Fontana?

Posts: 413 | Location: Fullerton, CA | Registered: June 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Think they more worried about getting sued....

Posts: 1250 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of David Gerard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WHOMPWHOMP:
quote:
Think they more worried about getting sued....

From NHRA:
"In consideration of the ever-evolving COVID-19 pandemic and in accordance with the recommendation of the Florida governor, NHRA officials are postponing a portion of the Amalie Motor Oil NHRA Gatornationals"

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
FYI
You can watch the Gators for free on nhra.tv
I'm watching now

https://www.nhra.tv/subscription

Enter email, create a password and click to watch free.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: M120,

Cool

Posts: 619 | Location: Atco, NJ | Registered: March 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Freddie
posted Hide Post
I believe the only reason the sportsman racers were still racing is because many of them have already been there for the past week and a half. Once the Governor advised closure of all events with more than a certain number of spectators in attendance the decision was made. The pro teams already have rigs on property but I am sure that not all the team members or drivers were there yet. This will be interesting to see how it all pans out as this progresses. We have been included in some of the communications due to our work and some of these precautions are needed for the safety of those who could be most affected. YES most of AMERICA will survive this, but in an effort to help save some of the lives of those most prone to a negative outcome and how easily this is spreading, measures need to be taken. Sometimes we may think they are a bit extreme, but WE do not have all the information, and this is still evolving. We do hope that it turns out to be nothing but a major inconvenience, but in the event it does not, I am sure we all want everything possible done for our protection.

Posts: 685 | Location: Anderson SC. | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post