Tools

Imakehp
 Login/Join

DRR Elite
posted
You posted about this a while back

https://famosodragstrip.com/summit-series/

L8R, Mike

Posts: 12265 | Location: Murrieta, Calif | Registered: August 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
Is that $200 gate fee right ?

Shake head

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2697 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
WOW, just WOW!

Posts: 1413 | Location: Yarnell, AZ | Registered: August 15, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
What does $200 gate fee mean? Then $100 for a tech card? $600 for a 2 race weekend. What's the purse?

When everything is coming your way, your probably in the wrong lane.

Posts: 1002 | Location: Between a Rock and a Hard Spot, USA | Registered: December 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
WTF?

Mike

Posts: 1562 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Hotrod Corvette
posted Hide Post
This is the page you want to see.
https://famosodragstrip.com/schedule/

Burt

I'm So Proud To Be An American And Not A Democrat...

Posts: 1217 | Location: Clinton Township, MI | Registered: September 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Scarth:
What does $200 gate fee mean? Then $100 for a tech card? $600 for a 2 race weekend. What's the purse?

Larry,
Since the techcard $100 fee is where the purse comes from, I would bet that the total purse for each class depends on car count. If you have a well attended event the purse could get pretty good if they put the whole $100 per car into it.
We used to do that at our small 1/8 Mi. track at Coos Bay when our group was running the track. The more cars that showed up, the higher the purse.

$300 a day entry fee for a bracket race is going to be a bit above a lot of folks budget.

Posts: 457 | Location: coquille,or | Registered: November 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Wow, $150.00 a day to T&T. Plus $300 a day for a bracket race with no advertised purse. Crazy! Is Famoso taking advantage of Fontana being closed?

Posts: 1002 | Location: Between a Rock and a Hard Spot, USA | Registered: December 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a three day deal for 4 crew and a 2 race tech card. But I don't speak Californey.

Posts: 518 | Location: Southeast | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
The entry for the summit series is $300 for the weekend and it includes 4 crew members.

I believe the test and tune is sold out but you can check the website for sure. Limited number of cars so you can get a ton runs and not sit in line all day

L8R, Mike

Posts: 12265 | Location: Murrieta, Calif | Registered: August 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info Mike. At least I/we have some choices now....sorta

How have you been bud? I guess we don't see anybody at the races anymore because....well....you know...no races lol

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4442 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
Dave, you coming to Pomona, BF or?

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4468 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Larry, what track in our area has a advertised purse?

Dave, doing very well thank you. Hope to see you this season

L8R, Mike

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Sonoma. Sacramento. We don't have any tracks in our area. Mike, I think tracks should tell the racers what dollars they would receive if they enter the race. Look at The Spring Fling, we all know what the purse's are every day. If a racer pays a gate fee of $200.00 for the weekend and $100.00 for a tech card and receives only $500.00 if they win, said racer would be very disappointed. Don't you agree Mike?

DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
That’s very cool that both tracks have those programs. Did you ever race at LACR or Fontana, in your area and didn’t have guaranteed purses for their bracket programs but still very successful. Hope you find something that works well for you

L8R, Mike

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Really missed you on DRR. Mike why are you so combative? Work on being positive and that will make you much happier. Dont be a hater. The question you asked me was current not in the past!

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BP758:
Dave, you coming to Pomona, BF or?

I will do everything I can to make the Bakersfield race. The money is awful and I'm guessing the payout will be crap also. BUT<--- Notice the "but"...It's a race in Southern Calif so I don't care. Money I have, races dates I don't !!
I haven't went to an NHRA race for years, so no grade points to attend Pomona....

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4442 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Dave, the Spring Fling is right around the corner. Great fun and really well run. There is a double divisional before the Fling so you can get a couple of grade points. Hope to see you there.

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
LVMS has a set purse structure that changes with car count. There are also some folks who will add to the Super Pro purse as event sponsors.
Last weekend we had a nice turnout and Super Pro paid $2500 to win Sat and Sun

I'm not in a bad mood, I just look that way.........

Posts: 990 | Location: Kingman, Arizona | Registered: March 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Larry, that funny that you call me combative but your the one complaining about a tracks program.

Dave, Fling is a great program and you really should give a shot. I’ll catch up with you at Bakersfield in March

L8R, Mike