DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Powersports - this is not totally the same for you guys, but worth the read.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Powersports - this is not totally the same for you guys, but worth the read.
 Login/Join

DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted
This was posted on Facebook by Kory Willis, owner of PPEI, a tuning company.

Powersports - this is not totally the same for you guys, but worth the read.

Motorsports:
I’m going to say this as blunt and simple as I can. You guys do not want to deal with this... it is all a nightmare.

If you are in the tuning game and build race tuning - get out and get out now. Quit doing it while you can.

The government does not support racing components or the manufacturing thereof. They know everything about everyone - you aren’t safe regardless how small, big, or “smart” you think you are about it. The risk vs. the award of the unknown has been surpassed in this day and age. I’m here in Washington and you guys do not want this headache.

Even if you win... you still majorly lose... that all i can say to that at this time. Whatever logical explanation you think you have about racing will not be heard. You think someone needs to “rat” on you to be caught? Wrong. They can see your messages, emails, texts, etc. They have the upper hand on you and the playing field is not meant to be even - it is deemed for you to lose. The more you fight - the worse it is. You can only win a game when the game is fair... and the game is not fair in Washington.

I have the best attorneys in the world... I’m unreal thankful for them, but please understand the race market is one you CAN NOT WIN with because the ball will never be in your court to shoot the shot to begin with... don’t be fooled by thinking it is.

Another thing... expressing your opinions online about how government sucks only makes things worse. So love them, hate them, whatever... best bet is to just keep your thoughts to yourself. Words like “weight reduction” and “weight loss” along with playing dumb about it will only make you feel really stupid when they ask you what that means in front of other intelligent people. The folks here are not dumb, they are highly intelligent and honestly mean well. They are working from the knowledge and understanding they have. I hope one day to change that some and find a happy medium, but for now - it really isn’t the time. This is not a republican or democratic thing so please done make it into politics. It is simply the result of a system we the people have elected over time. It’s very confusing and words can be taken out of context and used against you in ways even they were not originally intended.

This will likely be my last message about anything to do with government, politics, etc. This is my last shout to tell all my friends in the world of racing parts - GET OUT WHILE YOU CAN. If you don’t plan on getting a E.O. number and doing emissions testing - it’s not worth it. If you are a American Citizen and you do any race tuning for out of the country (or work for other countries) and that product makes it back into the states - even ONE product.. You can be screwed. Guys running under fake accounts - you are screwed.... NOT BY ME, but because the government already knows because THEY KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT EVERYONE AT ANY POINT IN TIME THEY WANT. When you type a message on your phone and the camera is facing your face and it hears everything you say while it’s even in your pocket - you are screwed. What i’m saying is - don’t try to outsmart the system because the system belongs to big brother.

I have given everything I have to fight for racing... I actually think I will make some headway for racing, but please understand this - the current situation is BAD and I post this as a courtesy to the industries I love and have dedicated my life to. I have made good friends in this industry and I look to make much more. I am on you guys side and I love many of you like brothers and sisters... it is the only reason I post this. Every post I make like this I have to answer for and every time it causes me getting tons of screenshots of folks bashing about it in private chats saying terrible untrue assumptions... But if i help one family to not go through what me and my family have - it’s worth the hell. There isn’t much more I can say besides we will continue to press forward with diesel technology and we hope one day we have a provision for racing. PPEI isn’t going anywhere and we will continue to make the best products we can.

Lastly, I want to reiterate that the government has more power than you will ever understand. They know the answers before you tell them... if they want to know - they find out. Technology. This isn’t to scare you guys, this is to bring some absolute no BS reality so you can make some very wise decisions for you and your families. I recommend staying in the industry and the industry come together like the old days and we all work towards working with what we have. We can make things awesome, but we all need to work as a team to get there. I will be going in for all of our E.O. testing shortly and I will even post the whole process and try to help educate as many as I can to the process - and also how to prep for it. I know the laws are confusing, but that is 100% not in our favor.

Please guys - no “eff the epa” post or anything like that. It seriously only makes it that much worse for manufactures. The best bet is to try and make these folks understand that the majority of us truly are just good hard working individuals and we ALL want some type of resolution for manufacturing racing parts and software. Know i’m a tough fella... if you think i’m some soft guy - trust me you are wrong. I’m one of the hardest working people you will ever meet and i’m not scared to take a lick and plenty of the scars to prove it. I love this industry and only hope to see it go up from here... Faith.

Much love,
Kory

Posts: 2100 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Yup.

The government holds all the cards when it comes to tuners modifying street legal vehicles.

I wouldn't touch it with a 10 ft pole. Wink

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3096 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
A long rant with nothing BlahBlah said except big brother is watching and listening, which isn’t news and Edward Snowden confirmed it 8 years ago what many suspected for decades.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
..So the government isn't too keen on the public modifying their street vehicles..

..Such new information..

Posts: 287 | Location: Midwest  | Registered: January 12, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
no new information there. I been waiting for the other shoe to drop on us for awhile now. Electric NASCAR maybe

Posts: 6198 | Location: everywhere | Registered: March 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of Mike Allred
posted Hide Post
Probably partly true but paranoia will destroy ya. The sky is not falling. Hell, they allow the glorification of street racing on TV these days! Let's keep things in perspective.

Mike Allred

Posts: 276 | Location: Fayetteville, NC | Registered: March 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
This is not a republican or democratic thing so please done make it into politics. It is simply the result of a system we the people have elected over time.

While the situation is aided and abetted by politicians, it's the un-elected bureaucrats that are in the drivers seat on this one. As the noose tightens on the individual reality will become clearer and clearer to us all. It's no longer about laying the ground work, it's enforcement time. Someone needs to make a flow chart of enforcement so we understand..... EPA, FBI, CIA, Homeland Security, NSA,......

ps. Wear a mask, it's for the greater good.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posts: 2331 | Location: OKC, OK | Registered: February 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
VW got busted for programming the ECU's in their cars to recognize when the vehicle is on a chassis dyno (i.e. the wheel sensors tell it that the drive wheels are turning, the other wheels aren't) and then default to ignition & fuel maps that are EPA legal ONLY WHEN ON THE DYNO. So-called "tuners" have been doing the exact same thing for decades now, and it was only a matter of time before the EPA went after the tuners. I will also guess that the massive horsepower gains that tuners are getting with turbo diesel drivetrains are among the worst offenders.

Mike

Posts: 1562 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
I also don't see this as a threat to racing. You can still tune/modify vehicles that are not licensed and used on the highway, and you can still race vehicles that haven't been tampered with. Yes, government is way too big and has way too much power, but the "tuners" have been knowingly violating the law and making millions off it. I'll not lose sleep at night over this.

Mike

Posts: 1562 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
1320s post is spot on with Edward Snowden and I am hoping SlyFox post about unlicensed vehicals holds up for a long while. At my age I have 5 may be 10 years left to race (if I dont die first) and that would put me 75. I made it this far and raced a long time in my life. But I would rather it be my choice when I hang it up, and not someone elses.

Posts: 318 | Location: ohio | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
I find it hard to believe they listen in on phone calls. 8 years of osama been lying,35 days if beijing biden and not one secret service visit to my house.

There is reason they call folks outlaws! because they do want government says you can't do and that adds to the fun meter reading.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4179 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post