DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    track rule clarity-throttle stops
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

track rule clarity-throttle stops
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Throttle stops are a NO-NO?

But Nitrous button for the finish line is OK?

Make sense to me. Huh?

Posts: 235 | Location: Justin, TX | Registered: July 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hotrod Corvette:

Then what is wrong with traction control?
What is wrong with MSD Programmable Digital-7 Plus?

Comes down to the haves and the have nots right?

I just want to say thank you. It seems like it has been forever since I have won squat. Now I know why. Somebody, somehow has been cheatin'. I just knew it. Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1229 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hotrod Corvette:

Then what is wrong with traction control?
What is wrong with MSD Programmable Digital-7 Plus?

Comes down to the haves and the have nots right?
Do you know what a throttle stop does? It may be a fool tactic but it also adds one more variable to the dialing of the car.
The products you named are totally different.

Posts: 109 | Location: NY | Registered: April 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Frankly, I think it is time to mix it up a little in Super Pro and allow SOME of the different ways to run a car. Running the dots I may not be in favor of. But in some of the higher power types of bracket racing, slew control could be a safety feature.
I'm kind of a dinosaur in drag racing. A slow moving one at that. But the old dial what you know you can run and take as little stripe as you can or just dump has probably run its course. Maybe there are other aspects we can add to the sport. Maybe we should allow all the technology, and have a class where you pick the dial for the other lane. I dunno. Maybe it would be fun.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6367 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:
Frankly, I think it is time to mix it up a little in Super Pro and allow SOME of the different ways to run a car. Running the dots I may not be in favor of. But in some of the higher power types of bracket racing, slew control could be a safety feature.
I'm kind of a dinosaur in drag racing. A slow moving one at that. But the old dial what you know you can run and take as little stripe as you can or just dump has probably run its course. Maybe there are other aspects we can add to the sport. Maybe we should allow all the technology, and have a class where you pick the dial for the other lane. I dunno. Maybe it would be fun.

Hmmmm....... Here's another twist..... And we have done this before in the Final when there were no points and the money was being split 50/50 anyway........

Dial the same! Slower car has to dial-up at least .5, faster car has to dial the same as the slower car. Makes a TON of whomping going down the track, typically starting before the 660ft! Maybe not so good for timing chains and alternators, but fun none the less! Smile

Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Agree this is held over from way back,bad part I remember the way back.

Ironic story to this. Bob Harris was one of first to use stop in our area.He had just won a big race doing so and using down track to make competitor think he had broke.He knew his stuff and dialed car to run number with stop on. He won. Everybody whining aBOUT IT. About 2 weeks late I was running at local track and the transbrake button mounted in shifter pooped out has momentary short.slammed car to ground and then took off.Other guy had backed out thinking I was broke,by time he figured it out too late. Lot of mouth followed.

So now according to Mike Beck I should be great with lot of whomp whomp since no alternator and running gear drive.LOL

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4170 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Beck:
quote:
Originally posted by Bucky:

Hmmmm....... Here's another twist..... And we have done this before in the Final when there were no points and the money was being split 50/50 anyway........

Dial the same! Slower car has to dial-up at least .5, faster car has to dial the same as the slower car. Makes a TON of whomping going down the track, typically starting before the 660ft! Maybe not so good for timing chains and alternators, but fun none the less! Smile

I'm not sure.....but I think I like it.
How about a traveling club race group. There is a pool of weird scenerios like that. At the beginning of the round, the club president reaches into the bag of chips, and pulls out what this round is going to be. Make your adjustments, and let er rip! Ok now I'm thinking this could be a hoot if nobody took it way too seriously.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6367 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post