DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    $525,000. winner. Great job
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

$525,000. winner. Great job
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
posted
Bracket racers, consider 19 year old Gage Burch. He just won the largest payout ever in drag racing; $525,000. This was at 3:45 am this morning at US 131 in Martin, Michigan. He went 10 rounds and beat Johnny Ezell in the final. JBR was in his dragster. Gage was in a Ford Ranger running 6.50’s. Wow. He also runner upped in the $50k at the same event. There’s still hope for the little guy

Larry Woodfin

Posts: 1827 | Location: Kilgore TX | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Mike Beck
posted Hide Post
His light in the final was double some of the losing packages I saw earlier. It's an amazing game we play! I saw a guy lose with a .006 pack!

At 19 he has a long future ahead of him!

Gage and Jeggie had a hell of a race in the Semis!

Posts: 1444 | Location: South River, NJ | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Alaskaracer
posted Hide Post
I'm officially jealous!!!

Great job regardless!

Mark Goulette
Owner/Driver of the Livin' The Dream Racing dragster
www.livinthedreamracing.com
"Speed kills but it's better than going slow!"
Authorized Amsoil Retailer

Posts: 1465 | Location: Back home in Alaska! | Registered: February 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Hes got some true talent who spends almost every weekend racing somewhere. He's Had some good coaches along the way but the kid is a bada$$. Congrats Gage

Posts: 64 | Location: Ocoee | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
for those wondering yes it had a Chevy motor in it of course and he had never sat in the truck until Wed morning!

J.K. Hodges

Posts: 43 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: June 11, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I couldn't stay up til 3:45 in the morning

ep-good job

Posts: 757 | Location: dodging double wides... | Registered: November 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
thats what i say pauley. i get up at 4:30am everyday to do that work thang so 3:45am be way past my bedtime. thats why 19 yr old won it. everybody else got tired Wink just kiddin’. great job by the young man.

Posts: 14 | Location: Northern DC | Registered: June 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
i woulda been okay with flat trophy and the check that comes with flat hardware at 3:45am just long as i got to go to bed before pics. this makes me tired just thinking bout racing that long. gonna have to get me one them big fancy motor coaches if i go back racing so i can catch some winks in ‘tween rounds Wink

Posts: 14 | Location: Northern DC | Registered: June 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post