Find
Notify
Tools

truck seat covers
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted
Was not sure where to post this. Is kind of tech but then not much tec in a seat cover.

Looking for some seat covers for truck. Was looking at Coverking and lloked good,then read few reviews including cpl youtube videos.
Always some bad reviews but seems 50/50 and most good ones where company generated. SO next.

Any of you used seat covers in truck that you thought where great, good or just crap. Let me know your thoughts and we know thats always hard to get around here.

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4184 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of head gamez
posted Hide Post
I put Carhart Seat covers in my truck a while back. They fit well, and look great. Not cheap, but they are made to fit.

Edit to add...

They are from Covercraft. Carhart Seat Covers

Edit again. I give up trying to post the damn picture. Roll Eyes

This message has been edited. Last edited by: head gamez,

Mikey

Posts: 1706 | Location: In a Marriott near you! | Registered: February 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
We put some carharts on the f250 at work. Guys said they had a heck of a time getting them fitted and attached. And they seem to still move around IMO. They are industrial mechanics so maybe they weren't the best choice for installers. LOL. The covers are tough and protective though. Thinking of getting some for the work Silverado bench seat.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6391 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Why have carpet and nice seats just to cover them up?

Posts: 519 | Location: Southeast | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
exactly!

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Maybe the seats aren't "nice"?

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

2017 Bradenton Heads Up Madness
Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

2020 Retired From T/D Competition....

2020 Bradenton NMCA Hemi Shootout Winner

2021 getting back into bracket racing with a Gen3 Hemi powered 87 Cutlass.

Posts: 3096 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
then you make them nice and have them reupholstered with the OEM covers.

Posts: 13522 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
Picture of head gamez
posted Hide Post
In my case, the 18 year old leather seats are still very nice, I just never cared for leather. When I found the Carharts that fit well, I decided I had enough of the leather.

The weathertech floor lines cover virtually all of the carpet too...

Mikey

Posts: 1706 | Location: In a Marriott near you! | Registered: February 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1320racer:
then you make them nice and have them reupholstered with the OEM covers.

That's what you would do, different strokes for different folks.............

BTW I don't have seat covers on my truck.

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

Posts: 3096 | Location: Yes | Registered: July 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
No I would just but a brand new truck NahNahTounge

DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
The key word there being "I"...... Big Grin

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Seats are very nice. Look brand new and I would like them to look that way in cpl years when I sale or trade the truck . The fact my Golden Retriever rides with me a lot and although he is groomed regularly. There is still lots of hair and his toe nails to contend with.

One more reason to cover them. I want to, which happens to be only reason I need.

Thanks tp those who replied about covers they have used.

Posts: 4184 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of "The Bender"
posted Hide Post
Chris look at Marathon out of Montana, they fit very well, are very tough and don't slip or move around. They are all custom made to your truck. Not cheap though.....

BTW I currently am on my 6th Golden, great dogs! LOTS of shedding...

272" Spitzer
540 Chevy
The Blower Shop XR1
FTI XPM Series Converter
FTI Level 6 Powerglide
3.69@199
.916 60'

Open Outlaw Champ

2018 PDRA T/D #5
2019 PDRA T/D #2

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I have them up and looking at what they offer. Not really expensive especially if last and protect seats getting in and out wear.

Being used in work some also I get in and out of truck dozen times a day. No matter how careful you are the edge catches he11.

My old truck the drivers seat has metal frame showing(pain in azz) and passenger looks great. Well except for latest pile of Jacks hair even with weekly cleaning.LOL

DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
I found covers for my '11 2500 HD split buckets on Ebay. They were exactly like OEM. Don't remember where I got them but I just did a search and found them. Cost me more to install them than the covers cost.

Posts: 4815 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Roger McGinnis
posted Hide Post
I had some made from a company in Hawaii a few years ago, maybe a decade or more, but they were made of scuba material. Other than cost, they were far better than any OEM cover.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 559 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post