DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Youngest winner ever
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Youngest winner ever
 Login/Join

DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jared:

Just friendly advice to someone with as sour of a disposition as I've seen. Just trying to help.

12 pages and still going, and you're the one with the most posts on the subject by far. Looks like you're the one with the twisted panties. Have a nice day though.

Mike

Posts: 1563 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Jared
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SlyFox:
quote:

Just friendly advice to someone with as sour of a disposition as I've seen. Just trying to help.

12 pages and still going, and you're the one with the most posts on the subject by far. Looks like you're the one with the twisted panties. Have a nice day though.

Because I have the most facts about the situation. Unlike you, I don't run around here commenting on what I know NOTHING about. All of my days are wonderful. Thank you for the well wishes.

Jared Pennington
Coalburg Racing # 1X
http://worldfootbrakechallenge.com
The Sportsman Drag Racing Podcast with Luke and Jed

Posts: 2025 | Location: Coalburg , Alabama | Registered: July 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Jared, facts are rules were broken no matter who gave him permission. A lot of people were wrong and thankfully nothing went wrong.

Posts: 654 | Location: Here | Registered: November 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of SlyFox
posted Hide Post
quote:

Because I have the most facts about the situation. Unlike you, I don't run around here commenting on what I know NOTHING about.

LMAO. OK, whatever. Good luck getting that process for licensing 14-yr-olds implemented.

Mike

Posts: 1563 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Jared
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by I.P. Dailey:
Jared, facts are rules were broken no matter who gave him permission. A lot of people were wrong and thankfully nothing went wrong.

I've never denied that. However, the facts were not being told when the story broke. Lies were being told and the rumors were incorrect. I simply told the true story. Whether it was right or wrong is up for debate, but the facts are not.

Jared Pennington
Coalburg Racing # 1X

Posts: 2025 | Location: Coalburg , Alabama | Registered: July 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of Jared
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SlyFox:
quote:

Because I have the most facts about the situation. Unlike you, I don't run around here commenting on what I know NOTHING about.

LMAO. OK, whatever. Good luck getting that process for licensing 14-yr-olds implemented.

Sounds good Mike

Jared Pennington
Coalburg Racing # 1X

DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by stk 758 BP!:
I listened to the pod cast. You can try to justify but it’s not getting there. Chris has it right and so does Luke and others here. Rules are there to protect racers from themselves.. No matter how talented the 14 year old is, it’s the rule and it’s wrong. Not going to address the lack of tech, drugs or alcohol at the races you speak of. That will need a thread on its own, has nothing to do with the subject.

So, breaking the age rule is not related to breaking any other rules? It is 'just' the age rule that should be enforced?

Civilization depends on True or false, right and wrong. Without it there is no civilization, this is where it's headed if you hadn't noticed. It's called moral relativism, the left hand path.

There's a big difference between speeding and getting caught speeding. The difference is when you're caught speeding (breaking the rules) there's a price to pay. Once everyone decides it's ok to break the rules because everyone else is, will be when you're living in a third world country in moral relativism, in a world of make believe. It's where it's headed if you hadn't noticed.

Never let emotion (whims) override the highest value,,, the difference between right and wrong.

Posts: 9398 | Location: Madeira Beach Fl. | Registered: June 12, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
^^ I couldn't have said it better. it seems every year it gets worse...

Posts: 329 | Location: observing the mayhem | Registered: December 22, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of RacerVX54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by I.P. Dailey:

You Da Man

"Just Shut Up and Race"

Brian Martin
Martin Racing
5.66 @121.55

Posts: 1395 | Location: Va.Beach .Va | Registered: August 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
Are we STILL talking about this? What did they change the rules or something?

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4010 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
When you grow up hearing all the time that you are special, like so many young people today do, you eventually believe you are indeed so special that instead of proving that you ARE special within the rules given....you expect the world, and the rules, to conform to YOU. We have a world of young people who think they are so special that rules do not apply to them. They think that they are gifted with knowledge and insight that generations before them did not have. They believe they are leaders due to the amount of online friends that they have. So each of them feels entitled. Entitled so greatly that basically they can do what they please....and they expect no consequences from their actions. Because there have been no consequences for their actions thus far in life.

When you have been around a few generations, you start to understand that nobody is that special. Long term success is not earned in a day.

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6405 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I agree with Bucky, none of us are "Special" we are however all "Unique".

Do you know how you capture a special rabbit, you "neek" up on him.

Sorry, it's early here.

Bob

Posts: 3082 | Location: Lakeside, Ca | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Elite
posted Hide Post
Good ole dad joke!

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo

Posts: 6405 | Location: Illinois | Registered: July 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
Picture of Curly1
posted Hide Post
It is not just young people who think they are special and rules do not apply to them. We have people in Congress who think they are above the laws of the land. Where do you think those kids get it from? You got parents who buy their kids way into college, you got OJ Simpson get away with murder because he is rich and famous. You got police who get away with cold blooded murder because they are police, you got president of Goodwill making $750,000 a year while people with disabilities work for him for next to nothing.

You wonder where the kids get it from?

https://postimg.cc/gallery/np3zpruo/
"Dunning-Kruger Effect"
-a type of Cognitive bias where people with little expertise or ability assume they have superior expertise or ability. This overestimation occurs as a result of the fact that they do not have enough knowledge to know they don't have enough knowledge.

Before you argue with someone ask yourself, "Is this person mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of a different perspective?" If not there is no point to argue.

4X NE2 CHAMPION. 2020 TDRA NE2 Champion

Posts: 4010 | Location: United States of Texas | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post