DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    challenge for computer gurus
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

challenge for computer gurus
 Login/Join

DRR Top Comp
Picture of wideopen231
posted
I have a old cygnus data recorder. Everything was working when I pulled it off car. Darry O' Donovan made a security key that has since gone bad. I can not access the computer to even see if it works.

If any are up for challenge .I would gladly ship it and let you see if you can get into it. I have owners manual and think I remember some point of operating it,hell only been 20 years.LMAO

100 bucks to anyone who can getting it working.
Takers?

America home of free. Brought to you by 2nd amendment.

Posts: 4190 | Location: Greensboro NC | Registered: May 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
Picture of Dead On
posted Hide Post
can you expand on "cant access the computer" OS wont load, Forgot Password. ect. What's the OS version. Once in the computer can you then get your data logger working ??

Posts: 73 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 18, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TD3550
posted Hide Post
What is the model number? Pm me all the specs. This unit have 3 batteries? I know one guy that had one long time ago. Same guy i sold my Crower stack to. What a mistake that was.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TD3550,

Posts: 1409 | Location: Under a Truck | Registered: August 23, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
20 years for me too. I think it was a DOS program in my time. We had Win3.1 but it ran in DOS or emulation.

Put in fresh batteries to the black box and see if it has a display and can step through the prompts. You need a computer with DOS so the program can load.

The security key allows the download to occur across LPT1 or COM port. That is what needs to be hacked or bypassed. Otherwise it will just stay in demo mode and see some great features that it can do.

Do you have the security key? Most lose it or trash it with an old computer or mix it up with the JetSize program we TAFC used.

That guy that built those was a pretty sharp guy.

Posts: 4 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: December 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
He must be too busy trying to figure it out himself

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post