DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Breaking the rules!!!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Breaking the rules!!!
 Login/Join

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Scarth:
Well since he is not by some people's standards a illegal driver. We should refer to him as a undocumented racer. The track has a responsibility to verify his driver's license, they verify mine everytime I get teched, obviously to see if its expired.

Undocumented! Not worthy Laughing Hard
Ya killin me LS

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4504 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
Picture of fuzzy dice
posted Hide Post
My .02 is that the kid was in violation of the tracks sanctioning body....but...was this a sanctioned event?...does the track insurance come into play on non sanctioned events?...fwiw, the NHRA has a Jr. Street class that allow young kids to race big cars with an adult passenger and ET restrictions...

Anyway, we all think the 2 year seat belt deal is much too restrictive...we can all guess why that rule is there...nonetheless, the HRA's could easily change that rule to 4 or 5 years with each track given the opportunity to override upon tech inspection...yes, there are tracks that do not care about inspections and that will not change...race those tracks at your own peril, I say...

I run a slow bracket car but keep everything up to date...I know plenty that don't...

Posts: 1277 | Location: Florida (FL) | Registered: June 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stk 758 BP!:
quote:
Well since he is not by some people's standards a illegal driver. We should refer to him as a undocumented racer. The track has a responsibility to verify his driver's license, they verify mine everytime I get teched, obviously to see if its expired.

Undocumented! Not worthy Laughing Hard
Ya killin me LS

This site needs a LIKE button.That was friggin hilarious .

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of TomR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well since he is not by some people's standards a illegal driver. We should refer to him as a undocumented racer.

If he is undocumented, shouldn't he get free entry fee, minimum 4th round money at every race and free food from the snack bar?

72 Nova "Hooptie"

Posts: 741 | Location: Hanover, MD | Registered: June 20, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom Reyer:
quote:
Well since he is not by some people's standards a illegal driver. We should refer to him as a undocumented racer.

If he is undocumented, shouldn't he get free entry fee, minimum 4th round money at every race and free food from the snack bar?

This is getting good. Smile

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Well, since this can of rules has been opened up, how about enforcing the no intoxication rule? I haven't been to one of these high dollar events that draw upwards of 500 participants. But frankly, I would be very surprised if there weren't at least a couple of those participants who climbed (stumbled) into their race car while having a blood alcohol content high enough to warrant a driver's license suspension. I know it goes on at small bracket races on a regular basis.

Am I going to be the one to complain about a drunk race car driver? No, I'm not, so I guess I have no right to even bring it up. However, I don't see anybody stepping up to complain about these other rule violations at the events they attend.

I'll say this, though. Even though it is completely "legal" at many events (and sanctioning bodies), I would never go down a dragstrip with a motorcycle in the opposite lane. I'd back off the starting line and just take the loss before I'd do that. You pays your money, you makes your choice. Take care. Tom Worthington

If it seems that bracket racing has gotten too expensive for you, maybe you are just doing it wrong.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Rocky Mount, NC | Registered: December 01, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom396:
Well, since this can of rules has been opened up, how about enforcing the no intoxication rule? I haven't been to one of these high dollar events that draw upwards of 500 participants. But frankly, I would be very surprised if there weren't at least a couple of those participants who climbed (stumbled) into their race car while having a blood alcohol content high enough to warrant a driver's license suspension. I know it goes on at small bracket races on a regular basis.

Am I going to be the one to complain about a drunk race car driver? No, I'm not, so I guess I have no right to even bring it up. However, I don't see anybody stepping up to complain about these other rule violations at the events they attend.

I'll say this, though. Even though it is completely "legal" at many events (and sanctioning bodies), I would never go down a dragstrip with a motorcycle in the opposite lane. I'd back off the starting line and just take the loss before I'd do that. You pays your money, you makes your choice. Take care. Tom Worthington

I have never competed at a high dollar bracket event,but I find it hard to believe that somebody would be racing with a high stakes entry fee for a high stakes purse and be drunk.

At a local small race,for sure,but it seems that a driver would want to be on their game to compete at a high level for the big prize.

DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
I turned a racer in years ago sitting in staging lanes drinking a beer in his car at Norwalk. They made him dump the beer and let him go down the track, it was tnt night but I don’t care.

Posts: 2591 | Location: at the track | Registered: May 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 442OLDS:
At a local small race,for sure,but it seems that a driver would want to be on their game to compete at a high level for the big prize.

I know and have known many who are better at their game when under the influence of...whatever. Similar to tournament bass fishing; at some point there will be lie detector tests, drug testing, and breathalyzers involved if we let this stuff keep going.

Local races tech before events get started. Nothing afterwards so who's to say that x rule was broken and that gave them an advantage?

I did some circle track stuff for a while and it was a pretty common saying, those who cheat are those who eat. There's truth to that.

Posts: 540 | Location: central Ar | Registered: June 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post