DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    The Final Arizona Nationals
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Final Arizona Nationals
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted

Posts: 1169 | Location: Elgin,IL | Registered: February 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
posted Hide Post
One would hope the Reservation has plans on building at another location.
Another One Bites The Dust!

Raceless in California!

Posts: 4504 | Location: Vacaville  | Registered: January 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Top Comp
posted Hide Post
Well, I can always go back to street racing. Made more money and had more fun doing that then I'll ever get NHRA racing....

Dave

F J B

Posts: 4467 | Location: Earth | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
I might go to the last National in Phoenix but definitely not the divisional. It's been 3 weeks and no check from the second divisional race. If that is Phoenix last race in 2023 why would they pay anybody. Good luck getting your money after they close!

When everything is coming your way, your probably in the wrong lane.

Posts: 1013 | Location: Between a Rock and a Hard Spot, USA | Registered: December 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of J178RED
posted Hide Post
The Indians have posted several plans for the whole area that did not include a Drag race track. So this is not a big surprise to most of us in the southwest. I don’t believe they will be building a track for us, the road race training track looks like it it’s in the plans and will stay in the same location. There is lots of land for a track with the amount of money it would take to build a new one is now astronomical. It looks like we’re going back to the 60s, down in Gila Bend at the airport they are now running 1/8 mile races. But I’ve been told that’s mostly street cars as there are no safety walls.

Found this
https://bangshift.com/bangshif...cks-look-to-survive/

This message has been edited. Last edited by: J178RED,

HAVE THEY CALLED US YET ? THEY HAVE!!!

Posts: 2698 | Location: OLD NICK OUT ON THE TRACK OR IN THE DESERT | Registered: March 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Houston now Phoenix. Nhra is getting low on tracks. They need to go shopping or they will be down to 20 left.

When everything is coming your way, your probably in the wrong lane.

Posts: 1013 | Location: Between a Rock and a Hard Spot, USA | Registered: December 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Floyd Staggs
posted Hide Post
Larry,
I believe the old Speedworld track is still vacant. They use the dirt track and motorcyle track but not the drag strip. I enjoyed that track. Had a lot of fun there.

Posts: 4816 | Location: Cucamonga, Ca | Registered: May 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

DRR Pro
posted Hide Post
Floyd, the only thing in operation at Speedworld is the RC airport

Posts: 1413 | Location: Yarnell, AZ | Registered: August 15, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I liked Speedworld, it was like the haunted house at halloween going into the pitch black dark after the finish line trying to remember where one of the three turnoffs were. Speedworld is the reason I hooked my headlights back up. That and watching Bob Curly running around chewing a$$.

Posts: 297 | Location: Nevada | Registered: February 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
I also liked Speedworld. Still miss it. Now that we are going back on memory lane. I remember when I qualified #1 at a SoCal Pro gas race and got a single in 1st round. Made the pass got back to my pit and was told your DQ'd. I asked Why? Your tail lite was off. I started to go upstairs to complain, was told if you do Curly will throw you out on the roof. That was it LOL.

Posts: 146 | Location: california | Registered: November 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
A few years back I had money coming from Phoenix div and never got it so this year I went to the tower turned in the w9 and asked about checks.I was told they would be mailed in a few days so I responded I won't hold my breath. Figure they probably would lose mine for sure, no surprise!

Doing my part to raise the average IQ on this board

Posts: 51 | Location: badlands of New Mexico | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Trophy
posted Hide Post
Way back when, when NHRA was still Winston, we were running a divisional and Saturday night after final qualifying one of the famous Arizona Haboobs came thru at Speedworld. Even though I had carb covered and scoop plug in, there was sand in the carb, didnt have time before first round Sunday morning to get it cleaned out. Went up to stage anyway coughed and sputtered all the way down the track. Also liked to run the Steppin Back Nostalgia series.

Posts: 297 | Location: Nevada | Registered: February 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post