DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    The 26th Annual MILLION - 2021 Live Coverage & Results
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The 26th Annual MILLION - 2021 Live Coverage & Results
 Login/Join

DRR / Crew
Picture of DragRaceResults
posted
Just put the Live Feed from Motormania up on the home page. I just rolled into SGMP and they are in the 4th round now of the 20k warmup.

Got a little trans fluid they're cleaning up. Should be a great weekend of racing as the weather forecast showing 60-80 for all days.

Looks like a great crowd on hand already.

SL...

Posts: 2110 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
posted Hide Post
JEREMY HAN**** WINS TUESDAY’S RACE TO THE MILLION $20,000 WARM UP RACE

CECIL, GA – A packed day of action was in store for Tuesday’s Race to the Million $20,000 Warm Up Race at the 26th Annual Mickey Thompson Tires and Wheels Million Dollar Race. The day started with a “run for the money” time run for all racers on the property and the chance to win an entry into the Million Dollar Race for the driver with the best package during the dialed-in time run.

Jerry Brewer of Maxton, NC did just that. Brewer made a perfect run, right out of the trailer, without a time trial - perfect reaction time and 4.430 on his 4.43 dial-in, earing his way into the Mickey Thompson Performance Tires and Wheels Main Event on Friday.

The Tuesday Race to the Million $20,000 Warm Up Race saw Jeremy Han**** of Homer, GA march to the final round and into the winner’s circle after defeating Peeps Pennington of San Antonio, TX. Zac Fulcher and Donovan Williams were the semi-finalists. Slate Cummings, Mike Valli, Gage Burch and Brad Wheelier were the quarter finalists.

Han**** said “I’ve ran this race for at least 15 years and had not sealed the deal. I’ve been close but it feels good to finally win a race at the Million and put my name on a prestige event win.”

“I sat out the big races this year to chase the Atlanta Dragway championship, since the track is closing permanently. I was lucky enough to win the championship and I’m a very blessed man. I grew up there, I met my wife there, and my son races there. It is a bitter-sweet place that will be missed.”

Pennington said “we have our weekend paid for after runner-up in the warm-up race so that’s always a good feeling. We haven’t raced in over a month so it feels good to go multiple rounds on day one. Hopefully we can continue the momentum and hone in on both ends of the race track.”

Posts: 2110 | Location: Gallatin, TN - U.S.A. | Registered: October 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR / Crew
posted Hide Post
WILL HOLLOMAN CLAIMS WEDNESDAY’S SUMMIT RACING TRIPLE 50K AT THE MILLION

Cecil, GA – Cool temperatures and clear skies greeted racers for the Summit Racing Wednesday Triple 50K at the 26th Annual Mickey Thompson Wheels and Tires Million Dollar Race at South Georgia Motorsports Park. The lanes saw “new entry” time trails to kick off the day as newly entered racers prepared to compete for $50,000.

417 cars staged up for the first round of competition and it would be Will Holloman who managed to take home the big check, champagne, trophy, and other Million Dollar Race prizes after defeating the youngster Gage Burch of Palmetto, FL in the final round of competition.

It was no easy walk for Hollman who earned his win with .009 reaction and dead on his dial with a 6 (15 thousandths total package). Gage Burch was .005 reaction and only .001 of a second under his dial-in, giving the win to Holloman.

What’s even more impressive is that Burch was 7 thousandths total package on his bye-run in the semi-finals (.005 reaction, dead on his dial with a 2). The youngster was .005 on the tree, back-to-back rounds.

Holloman said “it’s just so awesome to win today. I can’t thank Chris Reynolds enough for tossing me the keys to just about everything to go racing. I also want to thank American Race Cars, Marco Abruzzi, and Chris Williams.”

“I’m just happy to be here. I come with the mindset that it’s cool if I win, it’s cool if I don’t as long as I’m having a good time,” Holloman added.
“I honestly wasn’t a big fan of my pairing this morning because Bailey Ferraro has been driving great but I’m glad it worked out.“

In the semi-finals it was Billy Ray Land in his beautiful Camaro. Bailey Ferraro and Michael Pennington were the quarter-finalists.

Burch said “I need to trust my car more because it’s been great over the past several rounds. I feel like it’s the best car on the property wherever I go. I lost by one thousandths of a second, so I can’t be too upset about that.”

“I want to thank AFR, JEGS, UPR, APR, InMotion Solutions, Innovative Racecrafts, Wisco, APD, Wes May, InMotionSolutions, FTI Performance, Moser Engineering, Matt Dadas, my girlfriend Nicole, my parents back home, and Folk Promotions for putting on this great race.

DRR / Crew
posted Hide Post
Good morning, racers & crew!

Today we will crown the 26th Annual Mickey Thompson Performance Tires & Wheels MILLION Dollar Race Winner! We will start the day with one time trial for all entrants at 8:15am, followed by first round. We kindly ask everyone to please come up for your time run when you are called, we want to get the race started and completed at a decent hour so everyone can enjoy the evening.

We will complete Thursday’s Summit Racing Equipment Triple 50k on Saturday, along with the last scheduled 50k of the week.

The Laris Motorsports Insurance Racer Appreciation Party will take place at 7pm featuring music, a steak dinner, and complimentary beverages for all. Following the final round of the Million will be the champagne winners circle and fireworks show.

We will also award the BRODIX Cylinder Heads Bounty Hunter Award to the first person to defeat Kevin Brannon in his winning car from 2020. In the case Kevin wins again, he will recieve the heads.

Our golf cart giveaway customized by @okmotorsports will take place as well.

Tune in and catch all the action live if you aren’t here on MotorMania TV starting at 10am.

Good luck to all!

DRR / Crew
posted Hide Post
Adam Russell Wins the 26th Million Dollar Drag Race

Cecil, GA -- When you think of the Mickey Thompson Tires and Wheels Million Dollar Drag Race, there’s one thing that comes to mind, who will go down in history as the 26th winner? Who will add their name to the winner’s list and forever be remembered as The Million Dollar Race winner? After 9 rounds of competition, Adam Russell of Brandon, MS was crowned your 26th Million Dollar Race Champion adding his name to the hall of fame. The final round and winner’s circle were emotional as Russell’s family and friends joined him in celebrating his historic win.

In the final, Russell denied bracket race phenom Scotty Richardson once again from finally collecting his first title as he competed in his second Million final round. It was a classic door car vs dragster final round with Russell’s blown American Race Cars Dragster dialed 4.33 and Richardson’s wheel-standing Nova dialed 5.73. In typical Million tradition, as the burnouts were completed, a massive crowd gathered behind the starting line while thousands watched live through the Vintage Trailers Live Feed to witness Russell defeat Richardson in a double breakout.

Russell said “this win really hasn’t set in yet. I just don’t know what to say. I was lucky several rounds, and later in the rounds I realized that it just might be my night.”

“This is my 5th Million Dollar Race and my focus while staging in the final round was to not make any mistakes, and it’s just a great feeling to stand here in the winner’s circle of such a great race.”

“I have to thank the Cummings family, Allen Wickell, Russ Miley, Billy Fuller, Justin Albritton, and all my family at home watching. This is my anniversary weekend and it just feels good to win this with my family here watching me.”

In the quarter-finals it was Ricky Jones, Kevin Brannon, and Michael Pennington, while Nick Folk and Stephen McCrory were defeated in the semi-finals.
Richardson said “I wouldn’t miss this race for anything. It’s still the original Million no matter what anyone says and it’s still the most prestigious bracket race. Until I win it, I’ll keep coming back if I’m healthy enough.”

During the semi-final round, the main event JEGS Performance VIP prizes were given away. Robert Reynolds of Dayton, OH won the Glynn Smith 2021 SS Camaro, Mark Martin won the 2021 American Dragster Raffle Winner, Brandon Jones won the FTI Torque Converter, and Travis Eaton was the winner of the customized Overkill Motorsports Golf Cart.

Saturday kicks off the final Summit Racing Equipment $50K and the action will be streamed live on MotorManiaTV.com free and the staging lane jumbotron presented by Glynn Smith Chevrolet.