DragRaceResults.Com    Bracket Talk    Bracket Talk Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  General Discussion - by FTI    Throttle Stop Newbie...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Throttle Stop Newbie...
 Login/Join

DRR Sportsman
posted
I'm thinking about putting a throttle stop on my bracket car.
It's a door car with a 482 BBC.
Any suggestions on a good stop for this combination, any suggestions on general do's and dont's of throttle stops?

Posts: 403 | Location: a race track near you | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of suprodn
posted Hide Post
Many prefer the under carb stops. I have used one stop electric with excellent results. I have also used the dual air linkage stop from Biondo. If you don’t have air already on your car I would suggest the under carb electric. Turning on the stop as quickly as you can will give you the most mph. I shift to high gear shortly after stop comes on. Many do this but some don’t both work. A suggested starting point would be turn stop on .15 out set cruise rpm at 4000 and shift into high gear at .400. A stop ratio of 2-1 is a good ratio I think. There are many ways to TS race biggest thing is to go test and see what works for you. It’s fun racing hope you like it.

Posts: 63 | Location: Watchn my motor go boom on the dyno | Registered: April 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR S/Pro
Picture of Lenny5160
posted Hide Post
Definitely use an under-carb stop if you can. I like electric, many like air.

As for RPM and shift, that depends on how much engine you have and what you are trying to run. The throttle stop tip sheet on Biondo's site has some excellent advice as far as where to start.

If you use an electric stop, definitely run 10 ga wire to the stop, from a relay. I originally ran 14 ga wires directly from the delay box to the throttle stop and it worked fine, until one day the stop was very lazy. Night and day difference once I upgraded the wiring.

Tony Leonard

Posts: 3158 | Location: Inver Grove Heights, MN | Registered: March 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
Picture of 1355PRO
posted Hide Post
PM sent...

Eric Macchiaroli
S/R1355 80 Arrow

Posts: 473 | Location: Glenshaw PA | Registered: February 25, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Thanks! I will be in touch.

Posts: 403 | Location: a race track near you | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DRR Sportsman
posted Hide Post
Take a look at joining Luke Bogacki's https://thisisbracketracing.com/

or maybe his Facebook based Elite group.

Tons of super technical throttle stop info.

Posts: 671 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: April 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post